*******official Post Match Reaction Thread******** - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

*******official Post Match Reaction Thread********

brant grebner

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to bet that quite a few would have taken 10 or even 9.

Many didn't think we'd get anything in Poland and then look how many were predicting a draw at Celtic park with Ireland and a defeat away.

I would certainly have taken 11 points and happy that we are doing well and right in the mix.

I don't think anybody is denying that we are in decent shape with 11 points though are they? What also can't be denied is that 13 points and the Irish out of it would be better. The latter was a realistic opportunity on Saturday. I also don't think there's any issue in highlighting and discussing our fragilities. Yes, we may be limited with respect to options but it doesn't mean we can’t highlight areas in which we need to strengthen.

I don't think anybody is denying that we are in decent shape with 11 points though are they? What also can't be denied is that 13 points and the Irish out of it would be better. The latter was a realistic opportunity on Saturday. I also don't think there's any issue in highlighting and discussing our fragilities. Yes, we may be limited with respect to options but it doesn't mean we can’t highlight areas in which we need to strengthen.

Spot on. :ok:

No bad thing to seek improvements along the way, can help us in the run in.

Last campaign we were the first tesm in europe who mathematically couldn't qualify and now moaning at 11 points from 6 games still not happy! Some people i think just like picking fault. 4 points from Eire and bettered Germanys result in Poland. Poland beating Germany has ####ed us but we have had an excellent campaign, a few years ago we'd be nowhere near this situ we are in

Last campaign we were the first tesm in europe who mathematically couldn't qualify and now moaning at 11 points from 6 games still not happy! Some people i think just like picking fault. 4 points from Eire and bettered Germanys result in Poland. Poland beating Germany has ####ed us but we have had an excellent campaign, a few years ago we'd be nowhere near this situ we are in

Is that possibly what the problem is - Folk are judging 11pts at this stage against previous campaigns where we stunk the place out and were out of it by now, as opposed to where we need to be to qualify for the tournament...

The is absolutely no doubt Scotland have improved massively under Strachan, however the harsh reality is if we don't qualify - looking at this campaign only, not factoring in "Pots" for future - then "improvement" means nothing - we still need to add 2 years to our "time since we qualified" clock....

We're a different animal to that of previous campaigns, so don't judge us on that. Try considering it a positive that people are not cook-a-hoop with 11 points and judge us on the current performances/potential. I don't think people are "picking faults", they are trying to establish what could still be better. If you don't do this effectively, you stand still.

I think we were all hoping/expecting Germany to have won all their games by this point. If they had done that then the group would be looking pretty good for us to qualify automatically.

If that had happened we'd be sitting level with Poland and three clear of Ireland with the two still to play each other.

We'd all be feeling a good bit more comfortable if that was the case but the reality is that we'd still need to beat Georgia and probably beat Poland anyway as a draw would leave our head to heads the same and it would come down to GD.

SMcoolJ hits the nail on the head. Whilst, ultimately, 11 points from a possible 18 is a decent return, there is room for improvement to take into the final four matches if we're to get over the line for France. We've made great strides in these last two and a half years and we want to continue that, not just accept that we're better now and not "moan", let's continue to progress and not stand still.

I think we were all hoping/expecting Germany to have won all their games by this point. If they had done that then the group would be looking pretty good for us to qualify automatically.

Conversely though if Germany do drop more points it's better to keep them in the mix. 4 teams going for 2 places is preferable to 3 teams going for 1 place...

I think we were actually the very first team out. That's how pish we were under Levein.

In the first 6 games (4 under Levein) we took a massive 2 points. Once Strachan had time to sort out the mess we took 9 points from the last 4 games.

11 points from 6 games this time is not bad. I just hope we can repeat the feats of the last 4 games 2 years ago.

In the first 6 games (4 under Levein) we took a massive 2 points. Once Strachan had time to sort out the mess we took 9 points from the last 4 games.

11 points from 6 games this time is not bad. I just hope we can repeat the feats of the last 4 games 2 years ago.

Don't you worry matey. We are going to qualify. Mark my words.