*******official Post Match Reaction Thread******** - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

*******official Post Match Reaction Thread********

brant grebner

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland are long ball hatchet men.

This. Absolutely.

Ireland are shite. Kept in this group by a combination of set-pieces and utter luck....we're a much. much better team.

Let's go on and do it.

This. Absolutely.

Ireland are shite. Kept in this group by a combination of set-pieces and utter luck....we're a much. much better team.

Let's go on and do it.

We may still need them to get something in the last game in Poland though I hope and actually believe we can do this ourselves. 3 wins against Georgia, Poland and Gibraltar will likely see us in France. Thats a huge incentive.

Leaving Anya out for Ritchie didnt work & Strachan realised it. I felt at times that balls were played into areas that Anya would normally get into if that makes sense.

First half was dreadful & Maloney was lucky to come out for 2nd half (glad he did) as he done nothing in the 1st.

Guest allyc

I said Ireland were awful and got shot down for not showing them respect.they are the the Wimbledon of international football.

Ireland were awful today

we were the only team that tried to play any real football

Ireland were crosses and corners

1980's stuff

At least we tried to play football in and around the box, where our goal came from

they deserved nothing from the game today

O'Neill's a caveman

Ireland were awful today

we were the only team that tried to play any real football

Ireland were crosses and corners

1980's stuff

At least we tried to play football in and around the box, where our goal came from

they deserved nothing from the game today

O'Neill's a caveman

coincidentally just watched the highlights of euro 88 qualifer game away in dublin (i recall watching live at time was afternoon game - and grim)

but liam brady seemed to be playing a more cultured game , and fair bit of on the deck play ; sheedy, houghton etc

we were mince then - they beat us 1-0 for the hampden game ; so nice to see we are on the way back

bit of concern for georgia game away ; as the home game was tricky , and we haven't done well in this type of fixture typically

Am just so glad this set of fixtures against this shower is over. 4 points out of 6 still in contention, got to be happy with that. I thouhht naisy was horrendous today, lost the plot a fair few times during that game. But I still love the cnt now because you just now he cares so much. Him and fletch were tremendous at our goal celebration, we're still fkin in this.

Ireland were blood and thunder, long balls and set pieces are their speciality, we coped with 99% of them well, our passing combination leading to Maloney's equalizer was excellent.

Thought Martin and Mulgrew were heroic dealing with that bombardment, was always going to be tough to win the match with the situation for Ireland, they faced a similar situation to what we had at Celtic Park.

Draw is a decent result, not a great one...but its very difficult to win international games away from home, so to have avoided defeat away to Poland and ROI is not bad at all.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

To go to Dublin and play as badly as we did in the 1st half and still come away with a draw really does show how much we have come on under Strachan. Ireland may be limited, but they are pretty effective at what they do, and will give just about anyone a game. Starting with Ritchie and Forsyth was a mistake, but Strachan did what he had to do and will have learned from the game. He's done little wrong in his spell as manager so far. Happy with the point (and denying them the full three), better teams than us have been beaten at the Aviva.

First half was brutal. We were utter dross.

Fletcher, Ritchie were very poor although fletcher didn't have much to play with.

Looked far better with anya on.

What the fighting in the Scotland end at half time?

my guess it would have been over seating :wink2: :wink2: