Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

Latest from VB...Tears and snotters everywhere!! Glorious stuff.

Wakening up today my first thought was, did I over react yesterday? The answer was simple, No

What happened yesterday in my opinion was the worst result ever in our 143 years.

Why do I say that? Simply put, we will now struggle to survive. This isnt an overreaction, this is fact.

A new sugar daddy is required, but, not on the playing side, we need the money for the running and upkeep of our club. Ibrox is a mess, it was once the finest stadium in Europe, its now weary and battle scarred from years of neglect and non-existent TLC. Ibrox needs more than just a lick of paint, she needs a complete overhaul. Not just the bricks and mortar, not just the decor, I mean she needs cleansed from top to bottom.

This includes our whole way of thinking, we need PR who understands our traditions; we need coaches who will actually take us forward; we need directors who know how to run a successful business. In other words, we need a business plan and a vision.

That is more important than anything else right now, results are secondary at this minute.

If we dont have a plan and a vision then we are going to become another Leeds United. In other words we will become ordinary.

Rangers are massive, we have traditions and history that no club in the world can rival. Domestically we are the most successful club on the planet.

We will never be a force in Europe, thats not our aim at this time, Id happily settle for the last 16 in Europe on a regular basis, but right now that is as likely as the Bheasts being held accountable for their abuse of kids.

I no longer care about this camp or that camp. Dave King disgraced himself yesterday by not being at the biggest game in our history, bigger than Barcelona 72? Bigger than Tannadice in 97? Bigger than Manchester 08? Yip, this game was all about survival and our Chairman was nowhere to be seen.

In the build up to his takeover I read his stories and listened to his interviews on a daily basis, what is he saying now? His silence is deafening. I want a leader who will take my club forward. I want a leader who has the vision and know-how to take Rangers back to where we belong. Mr King please tell me your plan, show me where we are going, make me believe in you? Ill buy into your plan if it takes us back up. I dont care if it takes one year or five years, just let me in on it.

Tell me we are moving forward by capping our wage system to live well within our means, tell me youth will be given a chance. If you dont have the plan or vision, then please leave now and allow someone else to take us forward.

As a supporter Im sick hearing how we are again going to be asked to fund this so-called vision we know nothing about. Youre the man with cash, put up, lets see you working, then we may buy into it.

Dont expect us to buy into something again without a proper plan. Most of us are working class guys who have put every spare penny into Rangers over the years. Ive put my Rangers before my family over the years and there will be thousands like me.

Well Im sorry, Im not doing it again unless you show me your vision and plan, not only show me it, I want to see you implement it before I buy into anything else.

Your absence yesterday angered me - it showed a lack of respect. I wasnt there as I couldnt get a ticket, but Ive been everywhere else and I am hurting like Ive lost a family friend. Rangers isnt a hobby, its a way of life to most of us. Stop treating us as a wee play thing and get your arse over here and sort it out, or be man enough to walk away.

I should have read by now that Ally McCoist has severed all ties with the club and walked with no compensation.

I should have read his name was removed from the hall of fame for putting his ego before our club by playing over paid over rated players Instead of mixing experience with the kids whilst we worked our way back

I shouldve read that McCall has left and I wouldve thanked him for his efforts and wished him all the best for his future.

I should have read all coaches are gone.

I shouldve read that all players except McGregor, Walsh, Murdoch and some of the kids have all been sacked for failure to do the job they were employed to do.

I should be reading that you are embarrassed by whats went on over these past 4 years and that you will bring stability and security to Rangers.

I should be reading youve sought out a new manager and a new coaching set up.

Normally I say I dont want former players back within our club, but right now Im prepared to listen to all options. Ive listened to Davie Weir, I've listened to Neil McCann, I like what I hear and I like what I see from them. They wont make managers at this time but Id like their input, hence not completely ruling out former players.

I want someone who can bring on youth, someone who isnt afraid to play youth and someone who has a long term plan. Ill accept being in this division for a couple of seasons If Its for our long term benefit, but the plan has to start today.

Sorry for the rant but Im hurting more today than I was yesterday.

Did he really suggest that paedophiles from celtics history being prosecuted is more likely than rangers being in the last 16 in Europe?

Or did I mis understand.

What a bizarre creature.

For what it's worth, I think there's more chance of Lord Lucan being charged with shagging Shergar whilst Elvis sang some romantic numbers to them than Rangers reaching the last 16 of Europe. :lol:

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, enough is enough. As much as I dislike Rangers it is time they got back into the SPL for the sake of Scottish football. I hope they and Hibs get promotion. If the X Brentford manager gets the job then they are on to a winner as he appears to be a great manager.

Since Rangers died, a Scottish team has reached champions league twice, once gettin to last 16, St Johnstone have beaten Rosenborg and a Swiss team in Europe, Aberdeen put out a Dutch team in Europe. Dundee United have sold 9 million pound worth of talent, 6 spfl teams have became debt free, the Scottish national team are on the verge of possibly qualifying for first major tourney in 20 years. 6 different clubs have won cups.

What is it you mean by "for the sake of Scottish football" ?

Since Rangers died, a Scottish team has reached champions league twice, once gettin to last 16, St Johnstone have beaten Rosenborg and a Swiss team in Europe, Aberdeen put out a Dutch team in Europe. Dundee United have sold 9 million pound worth of talent, 6 spfl teams have became debt free, the Scottish national team are on the verge of possibly qualifying for first major tourney in 20 years. 6 different clubs have won cups.

What is it you mean by "for the sake of Scottish football" ?

But real radio cancelled the football phone in and sales of the Daily record are down.

It's Armageddon!

:-))

Is that actually true about real radio? That show was worse than SSB, which is actually an achievement in itself.

I think it stopped at the end of the 2011/12 season, the first and only victim of Armageddon.

That show was worse than SSB, which is actually an achievement in itself.

Mind it was televised on Setanta for a spell too? Horrific show with a clueless presenter and deluded ex-pro as pundit.

Havent read the whole thread - has anyone mentioned chick on sportsound last night - comedy gold? Arguing that scottish football top flight needed rangers and tom english arguing that fans of the rest of scottish football would disagree. poor chick just couldnt comprehend what was being said. he could not fathom that there were people out there who couldnt care less if rangers were in the top flight or not. tom english was spot on regarding the fans viewpoint - basically that fans of the other SPL clubs didnt give a flying f*ck. it was purely the money men and media who wanted it.

Was quite funny!

At least St Mirren will have "their coffers filled" by "the blue pound" next season!

Alan Burrows sat on the fence, he's a motherwell fan, but also has seen the sums.

Motherwell do lose a lot of money without 10,000 Rangers fans through the turnstiles in a season, but I can't see me telling the grandkids about the famous night we announced a profit for the financial year.

As a fan who was at a school full of Rangers fans through 9iar, I'm glad to see them suffer!

What you slevering about?

You sound like a Celtic fan too.

It was just a wee attempt at humour mate. Ironic humour at that. I'm a St. Mirren fan FFS.

Am I right in saying you cannae use emoticons when posting from your phone?

Havent read the whole thread - has anyone mentioned chick on sportsound last night - comedy gold? Arguing that scottish football top flight needed rangers and tom english arguing that fans of the rest of scottish football would disagree. poor chick just couldnt comprehend what was being said. he could not fathom that there were people out there who couldnt care less if rangers were in the top flight or not. tom english was spot on regarding the fans viewpoint - basically that fans of the other SPL clubs didnt give a flying f*ck. it was purely the money men and media who wanted it.

It pains him to admit that it's actually "Rangers" who need the top flight, not the other way around.

Nothing from the usual media outlets (yet?!) but i did see a tweet from @EuroSport.com_EN

14 players away according to them including the Newcastle boys

Some good news at last! There were 11 out of contract excluding the Newcastle lads so I wonder who has been retained. I'd assume Miller and one other. I've a feeling it will be Foster.... Edited by Fairbairn

there list is:

Simonsen

Robinson

Foster

Faure

McCulloch

Moshini

Smith

Hutton

Black

Daly

Boyd

Something not right there then as there are 11 names on that list so adding the 5 Newcastle boys gives 16! I think this might be in relation to a rather assumptive article by Gary Ralston in today's Record where he seems to say they have all been released based on the fact that their contracts have expired and it's the same 11 names mentioned here.

Sorry if I got your hopes up :blush:

Like I said it was a random tweet...Surely most of them would go though?

The 2 keepers must surely be away. Simonsen was released this time last year only to be inexplicably brought back. Robinson was only ever a short term fix. Moshni is definitely away and I reckon the same with Faure. Hutton surely can't trick yet another manager in to believing that he's a footballer, Boyd is supposedly going back to Killie (where he'll undoubtedly bang in 20+ next season!) and as far as I can gather Daly's knees are shot. That leaves Smith, McCulloch, Foster and Black. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of them were kept on to bolster the squad as we're down to brass tacks. They should all be released but whether they are or not is a different matter!