Mark Carney - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Carney

Granted I didn't see his statement myself... But from the clips I've seen from the media and National Collective... That's not what I took from it. He said that it wouldn't be compatible with sovereignty, which suggests negotiations would be required... Certainly not the "incompatible with independence" angle that the media are pushing.

Granted I didn't see his statement myself... But from the clips I've seen from the media and National Collective... That's not what I took from it. He said that it wouldn't be compatible with sovereignty, which suggests negotiations would be required... Certainly not the "incompatible with independence" angle that the media are pushing.

He said that 'In the context' of all three main parties rejecting a currency Union it was ot compatible with sovereignty. The context bit has been completely ignored by the MSM.

Carney's re-phrasing of his reservations suggests to me that he's been leant on but that he is strong and independently-minded enough to resist. The change in terminology might indicate that he has made a minor concession but that's as far as he'll go. His lack of establishment "pedigree" could be helpful going forward - Sir Humphrey would be turning in his grave.

It'd be great if anyone could find a link, or a direct quotation, from Carney on this

Edited by Tartan Eagle

Carney's re-phrasing of his reservations suggests to me that he's been leant on but that he is strong and independently-minded enough to resist. The change in terminology might indicate that he has made a minor concession but that's as far as he'll go. His lack of establishment "pedigree" could be helpful going forward - Sir Humphrey would be turning in his grave.

It'd be great if anyone could find a link, or a direct quotation, from Carney on this

Guest faircity

I only wish it was possible to tell them to shove their lisense up their arse.

I've contacted them se veral times with complaints regarding bias and factual inaccuracies and they don't even bother to respond. Its a disgrace that they are allowed to carry on like this with absolutely no avenue of protest.

Just cancel it.

I've not paid mine since last year

I tried that, but had a couple guys at the door. I didn't mind, just told them they weren't getting in my house to check if I had a TV without a warrant, but it spooked my wife, so she made me get a licence!

Thanks for the clips: Baillie clearly misquotes; Carney clearly say "...incompatible with sovereignty".

However everything MC has said is predicated on the "no CU" stance. He has said that he/BoE will be able to work with whatever the outcome of the TWO parties' negotiation. As of now, there is no agreement and ONE party has set pre-negotiated conditions.

The meaningful negotiations won't start until AFTER the vote and YES has prevailed

Edited by Tartan Eagle

Just saw on Newsnight a chappie from LSE say calmly that everything would be fine, life would go on.

In a globalised world, it doesn't matter where the plaque on the door is. The jobs would largely remain.

This echoes what I heard someone say recently, who knows about financial sector. Although a no voter, he reckoned that BT side was all scaremongering. That the big banks were all but in name already mostly owned and more or less headquartered down south anyway, and the Edinburgh jobs just cheap back office jobs anyway, which could stay. In the short term the currency would stabilise, before it would be worth firms actually bothering to relocate. Any firms intnent on relocating probably looking to do that anyway, and use threat of independence as an excuse.