Taxi From Belfast - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Taxi From Belfast

with the cheap tickets all sold for the Friday daytime trains the standard fare is now £30. I was in Belfast last weekend and was told that you can get a taxi from Belfast to dublin for £120, same price as the train for 4 of you but straight from the airport to your digs.

If you want the number of the driver pm me.

also a good call dave :ok:

I'm wondering if the bus is a secret the locals keep to themselves.

When we (a few members of DUBTA) were travelling back from the Ireland game in Parkhead we had planned to get the train. Ended up having a few swallies in an (unknown to us at the time) dodgy as IRA bar which had recently been rebranded after an infamous murder there. The locals were good crack (despite one of them making clear he was a republican zoomer) and we missed our train. One of the locals had a mate who would take us to Dublin for £100. The barman had said there were no buses at the time, so we thought it was our only option.

It was only when i went out for a fag that one of the old boys there told me about the 24 hour bus. We decided to bolt...

We're still on the run from the Belfast 'RA. :-))

I live over hear near Belfast and have 5 mates coming over and staying in Belfast on the Friday night. We are getting a taxi through a lad I know to Dublin on the Saturday and he's coming back for us on the Sunday. Hotel to Hotel.

Given the standard fare on the trains was working out at £45 and the time you faff about with taxis to and from train stations never mind that the train will be like a cattle farm we are getting for £50 a head for the 6 of us.

If your thinking of this font use the black cabs or value cabs or fona cabs, they'll rip you off and wont let you have a sneaky beer.

The taxi sounds good on paper but Belfast-Dublin is the same distance as Glasgow-Dundee and that costs £130 quid for a taxi for 6 people. Granted, the Belfast-Dublin route is slower because of shitey Northern Irish roads. Still, 300 quid is steep! And the bus really isn't that inconvenient. Depends how much value you put on the convenience/comfort I suppose!