€ Euro - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Got myself some Euros for my holiday to Menorca and subsequent Dublin trip today. Best rate was 1.392 at Ramsdens, woman said that today's exchange rate is the highest for 7 years, hopefully might go up a bit more but pretty happy with that. 5 Euro pint in Dublin works out at £3.59 at this rate so not too bad.

Edited by Grantyboy1983

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got myself some Euros for my holiday to Menorca and subsequent Dublin trip today. Best rate was 1.392 at Ramsdens, woman said that today's exchange rate is the highest for 7 years, hopefully might go up a bit more but pretty happy with that. 5 Euro pint in Dublin works out at £3.59 at this rate so not too bad.

Yes my Fairfx card was showing the same rate first thing this morning but has now dropped to 1.384.

Great though as it has made my recent trips abroad to Eurozones far better. Paid under £2 a half litre of premium German Ale recently in Bavaria and £10.90 for a ticket to a Bundasliga match!

It's about time the Scotland fans got a wee bit extra when buying Euro. 1:1 or worse in Holland a few years back was the worst I recall.

From my perspective 1:1 was brilliant. The current rate is shite. Bloody Greeks innit.

Seems to be the case with a lot of currencies compared to the pound. Was getting close to 40 CZK for Prague last month, compared to the sub-30 it was when we played the 4-6-0 there. Turkish Lira for my next holiday is looking good too, over 4 to the £ if I change it out there.

Seems to be the case with a lot of currencies compared to the pound. Was getting close to 40 CZK for Prague last month, compared to the sub-30 it was when we played the 4-6-0 there. Turkish Lira for my next holiday is looking good too, over 4 to the £ if I change it out there.

you were robbed - I got 3,500,000 to the £1 when i was there

Where in menorca ? Heading there in a few months and already thinking about buying in some euros. I think Greece are due to pay a bill around June 8 ? Holding off until then on the chance they will default.

The Swiss Franc is still horrific - still recovering from that. Very good Cameron.

Think Czech republic and Hungary are pinned to the euro so if that's a good exchange rate you are sorted. (Going to both in September)

The Sunshine Appeal is holding

Switzerland - 850.50

Czech Rep - 81

if either of you are interested in buying?

F*ckin nightmare when you get paid in Euros and travel outside the Eurozone.

Just back from the US where the rate is effectively 1 :1. This time last year I was getting $1.40 to the Euro.....a year later and a holiday costs me 40% more.

It's not much better visiting the UK... :( :(

Where in menorca ? Heading there in a few months and already thinking about buying in some euros. I think Greece are due to pay a bill around June 8 ? Holding off until then on the chance they will default.

Going to Cala N Porter in Menorca. Flying to Mahon from Barcelona on Saturday, flying to Barcelona from Prestwick on Friday. Haven't been to either of these places before so looking forward to it. Back on the 5th June then over to Dublin on the 12th. A nice 19 day break from work. Dublin should be a good craic too!!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been watching the possible Grexit with interest as I'm looking to punt some French shares - however, so far there has been no negative impact on the Euro and the share price has actually risen this morning.

I think the £ is undervalued against the Euro at the moment, so expect some movement in the weeks ahead.