Some People Are Not Fit To Vote - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Some People Are Not Fit To Vote

I've not been an election agent for years, but it may not be spoiled. They have clearly indicated their wishes.Its not the cleverest thing to do but having been an election agent a couple of times these papers usually go in a separate box and a discussion takes place at the end of the count with the agents and candidates to reach an agreement and usually its sorted out no bother. Was over 20 years ago since I last did it though.

I believe this will pass... he has made clear who he is voting for. an election agent cant argue any other way... reminds me of the , , , good guy written on a ballot paper and the Presiding Officer allowed the vote to go to the good guy, because he made it clear who he wanted........

Its not smart, and as every vote will count, could be very close, don't do it

a X is all that's needed.....

Can't find anything online but I think the 1983 Act can be interpreted as such. It was on the radio news that I heard it.

I remember reading something about it a few weeks ago but no idea where. Some guy was trying find out what the rules were. So far he had established that you are not allowed to film or take photos inside a polling station without permission. But reporters can, and often do, but they have to get permission first. For example, you often see important folk casting their votes on the news. He couldn't manage to find anything which said whether you can or can't photo a ballot paper, as far as I remember.

There was a warning about it on the news the other day. If I recall it's also illegal to take a photograph in the polling booth. I'll try find a link.

There will be a fuuckload of people getting in trouble on the 18th then. I fully intend to take a photo of my ballot, because I am sad like that.