Transfer Rumours - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Lee Erwin?

A guy that barely played under Stuart McCall.

Pretty sure it's just an attempt to unsettle the boy.

I can't see Rangers approaching anyone with no permanent manager and no idea what league they're going to be in.

I can't see Rangers approaching anyone with no permanent manager and no idea what league they're going to be in.

Plus, what's the point in having a warchest and spending in on players from Motherwell! :D

Plus, what's the point in having a warchest and spending in on players from Motherwell! :D

:lol:

He's out of contract, so would just be a development fee, although given what Rangers wanted for Charlue Telfer, they obviously value the importance of development fees and would compensate MFC accordingly.....

:P

Dedryck Boyata: Celtic sign Manchester City defender

Celtic have signed defender Dedryck Boyata from Manchester City on a four-year contract.
The Belgium international, 24, arrived in Glasgow on Sunday to become manager Ronny Deila's first summer signing in a deal worth around £1.5m.
Boyata made six appearances for City last season but was unable to secure a regular first-team place.
Speaking to Celtic's website, he described the Scottish Premiership champions as "a very big club".
Since moving to Manchester to be part of City's youth squad in 2006, Boyata had loan spells at Bolton Wanderers and FC Twente between 2011 and 2013.
His only senior cap came as a substitute against Austria in 2010.
Boyata will effectively replace countryman Jason Denayer, who is returning to Manchester City after a season-long loan, while Deila is keen to keep Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk.
"The manager came to see me in Manchester and I spoke to him about having me here and all the ideas he had for me playing for the team," added Boyata.
"So I was very pleased with his plans and from that point I thought that moving to Celtic would be a good idea and we tried to do everything right for me to move here."
Seems like a decent buy :ok:

What makes a 24 year old who only has 54 senior appearances a decent buy? I've not seen him play but it seems like a very risky purchase.

What makes a 24 year old who only has 54 senior appearances a decent buy? I've not seen him play but it seems like a very risky purchase.

Scotland's young player of the year/player of the year next season.

Doesn't matter how shite he is.

Pretty sure i saw Someone from rangers approach him on Sunday, looked quite unsettled after it.

He'll be fresh.

He's been capped by Belgium and appeared to be ahead of Denayer for Man City and he had a good season for us. Every signing comes with some risk but I think he'll do well for us. Hopefully we can keep Van Dijk but I'm not hopeful.

Yes you have. Remember the City vs Arsenal game you were at where some lunatic got sent off after 4 minutes - that was Boyata :ok:

Yes you have. Remember the City vs Arsenal game you were at where some lunatic got sent off after 4 minutes - that was Boyata :ok:

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that :lol:

Back when Nasri wasn't a total James hunt ;)

According to reports Rangers released 11 players on May 31.

Steve Simonsen, Lee Robinson, Lee McCulloch, Bilel Mohsni, Steven Smith, Jon Daly, Ian Black, Richard Foster, Kyle Hutton, Kris Boyd and Sebastien Faure. There are also a number of players with one year left on their contract, some of these players will be on relatively large wage deals so I imagine efforts will be made to move them on.

Edited by EddardStark

I actually think he'll do ok up here. I'd put him about the same level as his central defensive partner next year - Danny Wilson.

I actually think he'll do ok up here. I'd put him about the same level as his central defensive partner next year - Danny Wilson.

If that assessment of him is correct and that is Celtic's defence, then they'll be buying again in January as Aberdeen will be top of the league.

He earned his only Belgium cap 5 years ago. I'd be concerned that he was a promising youngster that's never progressed.

But I doubt Kompany and Vermaelen are begging their agents for a move to the SPFL.

I'd suggest rough diamonds, players that have lost their way a bit, looking for a stepping stone to the EPL or not quite made it in the EPL, that's the sort of markets celtic are in.

But I doubt Kompany and Vermaelen are begging their agents for a move to the SPFL.

I'd suggest rough diamonds, players that have lost their way a bit, looking for a stepping stone to the EPL or not quite made it in the EPL, that's the sort of markets celtic are in.

Of course. The plan is we buy a younger player with potential, give them a chance to win trophies and play in Europe with the hope we make a good profit from them in a couple of years.

It's obviously not that simple but if we sell one player a season at £8m+ we can buy a few more cheaper players and start again.

Yeah, it sure is. I just think that spending £5.6 million (assuming a 4 year deal on £20k/wk) on a player who's barely played any first team football in his career is a massive risk.

He might be a cracking player, i genuinely do not know. I just think it's a very expensive risk.