England Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Game

KennethV

1000000000000000000%

It won't sell out.

Not a chance.

I'm certainly nae going.

The Sfa were going with the 'we can't guarantee a public sale' line when I spoke to them. They said tickets go to members,season ticket holders, the away allocation for England fans and other contractual agreements before a public sale. The problem is I'd need to buy another 5 memberships to get 6 tickets.

We never fill a smaller stadium for midweek friendlies when the tickets are significantly cheaper.

This game won't sell out.

Scotland vs England is likely to be quite a bit more popular than your average friendly game vs estonia or whatever at Pittodrie though

There is no interest in England for the match either with the prices, cant see more than 45-50,000.

There will be a public sale & you will get 6 seats together no problem.

England will sell out their allocation. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Surprised to read people don't think England will bring a big support. In terms of numbers travelling they must be one of the best supported fitba teams on Earth.

To OP I reckon you will get sorted out for this as it will go to a Public Sale. There might be less interest from SSC members who go to most games but as a one off I'd be very surprised if it wasn't close to selling out. There are guys who haven't been to a game in years will go along. 4 guys at my work are planning on doing just that.

Deecie - fair point mate but Scotland - England isn't just another friendly.

I didn't think so before but I now think It will sell out. If I hadn't already booked my flights for the Eire game and holiday wasn't so tight I would have gone. There will be easily enough folk interested in this game to fill the ground. Bar the Italy game in 2007 this is by far and away the game I have been asked if I can get folk tickets for. I just pass on the public sale details.

I get the impression that folk who wouldn't even think to attend a Scotland game normally will be up for this because how well we did against England last time.

Edited by kmcca5

Well I'm not going to it and neither are any of the group I go with. I really do not believe this will be a sell out and expect there will be loads of tickets available.

Not sure about the English support, tickets are way overpriced to me but in keeping with English football prices for some games. Didn't the SFA use such comparisons in their attempt to justify ticket pricing? Ripping off fans is all they are good for.