Away Socks - Junior - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Away Socks - Junior

GOR

Got my son the shirt and shorts from the away kit for his birthday (online at JD). They didn't have the socks and I'm having difficulty locating them anywhere - can anyone help?

(Live in Northern Ireland, so need someone who will post)

Thanks!

Got my son the shirt and shorts from the away kit for his birthday (online at JD). They didn't have the socks and I'm having difficulty locating them anywhere - can anyone help?

(Live in Northern Ireland, so need someone who will post)

Thanks!

My boy was gutted on Xmass day when he got the home kit, his words were "Santa forgot the socks". Poor wee man. I blame cheap b@stards at Adidas. All Nike and Puma junior kits come with socks. From what I can see they either don't do them or they have sold out. Sadly I doubt that JD will get any more in stock and as they are the only shop stocking the gear you may be out of luck. Most sports shops will do some white football socks. I just got my lad some of the red ones for the home top.

Edited by kmcca5

I had the same issue for my lad. Tried for months and months, nae luck. Had a few guys checking different stores for me in Scotland, tried online, was always told more stock would be arriving in a few weeks/months but they never materialised.

Here's hoping we get mair stockists next time and not an exclusive deal with JD

I can't understand the thinking with these new kits. You can get socks for an adult kit but if you buy a kit for a bairn it's top and shorts only?! How many adults do you see going about in full strips FFS?

I get my wee nephew a kit for his birthday every year with his name and age on the back (reckon he'll start getting p*ssed off with it when he turns 37 next year) and can't get the socks for the latest home strip anywhere. What's worse is if you go to JD Sports online you can get the top and shorts but can't get the top personalised. However, you can get a top separate and personalise that but you can't then get bairns' shorts to go with it! What a fkin joke.

I can't understand the thinking with these new kits. You can get socks for an adult kit but if you buy a kit for a bairn it's top and shorts only?! How many adults do you see going about in full strips FFS?

I get my wee nephew a kit for his birthday every year with his name and age on the back (reckon he'll start getting p*ssed off with it when he turns 37 next year) and can't get the socks for the latest home strip anywhere. What's worse is if you go to JD Sports online you can get the top and shorts but can't get the top personalised. However, you can get a top separate and personalise that but you can't then get bairns' shorts to go with it! What a fkin joke.

I had a rant about JD a few days ago its such a poor set up and it really is crap that's there's no kids socks. Also no woman's tops as far as I'm aware.

National team had the cheek to put a video on Facebook showing the under 17's (I think) going in to JD Sports to collect their kit. Can't believe they had it stock.

Nae chance they had anything in stock.