Royal Baby - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Watching the TV coverage there are some serious zoomers out there willing to go on the telly and profess their adoration for the royals - low IQs and lack of social skills very much in evidence. As with any one else I hope mother and child are hail and hearty, otherwise couldn't give a frog's fat one.

He's just saying Rangers fans are loyalist royalists, which I'm sure you agree the majority are. No mention of political parties (the main ones of whom support the monarchy).

I saw a poll before the referendum and it said > 50% of rangers fans ( polled) planned to support independence.

There is a loud, loyalist support behind rangers, but thankfully they are a large section who are wise enough to think for themselves.

The highest proportion of SPFL fans in the tartan army also support rangers. This data was collected when you purchased your season ticket for the last campaign, the one where it gave you the opportunity to go to wembley.

The highest proportion of SPFL fans in the tartan army also support rangers. This data was collected when you purchased your season ticket for the last campaign, the one where it gave you the opportunity to go to wembley.

you got any links for that? missed that one.

you got any links for that? missed that one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartan_Army

see composition section

Composition[edit]

Research carried out in 1996 noted that the proportion of the Tartan Army comprising Rangers supporters, "traditionally the backbone of the Tartan Army", had declined since the 1980s.[28] However, Rangers still provided the single largest proportion with 21%,[29] while west-of-Scotland Catholics, traditionally associated with Celtic, were still notably under-represented.[28]

Edited by Robroysboy

that data re Rangers fans is from 1996.

That whole wikipedia entry for the Tartan Army is very weird, a lot of focus on arrests, looks like its been of interest to certain sections of our Country.

Agree, will try and get a link for the more recent SFA poll with session ticket that I referred to.

But its a numbers game, Rangers have a massive support and because the games are played at hampden its easy for them to travel to home games.

There numbers in the away support may therefore be diluted but they are the biggest supported SPFL team amongst the TA by far.

I think Aberdeen were second, hearts, hibs, then killy. Celtic did not appear in top five. ( don't quote me on that its all from memory) but rangers were first by a country mile.

Edited by Robroysboy

Haud yer wheest man, do you really think there are no rangers fans supporting SNP ?

As one of the aforementioned I'm tempted to vote SNP even tho they've not got any candidates in Englandshire. Tories have got a 20,000 odd majority whee I live so I can't see my voting Green having much effect.

I love it when the old dears in my patch get all offended by jokes about the royals or republican sentiment in general. "I'll have you know that's oor future King yir insulting there sonny jim." :wave:

Sod all the royals, past, present and future.

No human being should ever have to bow down before another who is supposedly their "better" or "ruler".

I love it when the old dears in my patch get all offended by jokes about the royals or republican sentiment in general. "I'll have you know that's oor future King yir insulting there sonny jim." :wave:

Sod all the royals, past, present and future.

No human being should ever have to bow down before another who is supposedly their "better" or "ruler".

Amen to that!

A lot of your tax money has paid for their palaces, Royal protection, their foreign trips etc.

Would you not rather that money had gone to something else?

2 out of the 3 individuals in this case have a life they didnt choose

just another young couple having a child, good luck to them