Royal Baby - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont think anyone without a heart of stone could not feel sorry for them. However they are not the only kids to lose a mum. 

I was at my nephews 5 th birthday party last Saturday and I was speaking to a bloke who was holding a wee girl about 2 , he was there as his other daughter was at my nephews party.

It was a lovely day and we were stuck inside so I flippantly said to him, ‘have you drawn the short straw’.

He was a bit awkward and said ‘no, my wife died in January’ . He told me he has an older boy who is  11 and who was at another party, and he was having to collect him after this party finished.

His wife took ill last September and died 4 months later. He hasnt been working since she took ill but he is starting back next week.

He is going back to work whilst trying to juggle 3 kids . He is not well off , he needs to go back to work to make ends meet. He does not have a nanny for his kids or money to make would make life just a little easier.

Of course it is not the Royals fault this tragedy happened, but there are people in this world a helluva worse off than them. With sympathy in short supply these days, I think I will save mine for the common folk. 

Ahh, but you have to realise that yer man is free. It doesn't matter that he's doing a shitty zero contract job to make ends meet. He's 'free' because his work schedule isn't a matter of public record with millions of fawning arseholes following his every move. That of course is "slavery", which commands sympathy apparently. :spin:

2 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Apologies for being unable to quote properly. But if you are going places that require a 'loyal toast', where is that, masons, Burns things?

Was my first thought when i read that too. I've never seen a royal toast, thankfully.

2 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Apologies for being unable to quote properly. But if you are going places that require a 'loyal toast', where is that, masons, Burns things?

It used to be at "professional" dinners that you would have a toast "to the Queen", which simply meant you were then permitted to get your fags out and smoke at the table.

Edited by Toepoke

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

It used to be at "professional" dinners that you would have a toast "to the Queen", which simply meant you could get your fags out and smoke at the table.

Sorry, this just gets weirder and weirder. :lol:

So you couldn't smoke at the table until you'd paid your respects to Her Maj? 

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It used to be at "professional" dinners that you would have a toast "to the Queen", which simply meant you could get your fags out and smoke at the table.

What's a 'professional' dinner. Is it like one of these 'sports dinners' where some has-been footballer and washed out comedian tell shit 'jokes' about fannies.

Edited by Eisegerwind

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

Sorry, this just gets weirder and weirder. :lol:

So you couldn't smoke at the table until you'd paid your respects to Her Maj? 

That was the etiquette yeah. Don't know if it continues, because you'll have to go outside to smoke anyway.

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Absolutely. Bring a black tie, your fags and some technical anecdotes. 

Yep, can do all of those. The time we couldn't open the plating tank valve so went for our lunch and returned to find the area flooded with acid solution, or spraying the jammed 3 phase contactor with WD40, changing the PLC progam to make the process more efficient and couldn't stop it, I've got loads of them.Black tie, fags, sorted.

Edited by Eisegerwind

23 hours ago, macy37 said:

I absolutely despise the royals. With a passion. I feel not one ounce of pity for them in any way shape or form. Parasites.

20 hours ago, Ormond said:

This.

I feel pity for both of you . Young children lose a mother and all you feel is hatred. 

I have no love for the Royal Family either but the early death of a mother is devastating for any child,   I just have greater sympathy for those with fewer mechanisms to cope .

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I feel pity for both of you . Young children lose a mother and all you feel is hatred. 

I have no love for the Royal Family either but the early death of a mother is devastating for any child,   I just have greater sympathy for those with fewer mechanisms to cope .

Well done. 

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

What bollocks. How many children had to rely on a foodbank in Scotland this month to stop them going hungry? Spare me the claptrap. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

What bollocks. How many children had to rely on a foodbank in Scotland this month to stop them going hungry? Spare me the claptrap. 

Foodbanks?? Wtf are you talking about? I live in Scotland,  you dont need to tell me about foodbanks. 

I think I made it pretty clear I have far more  sympathy for those without coping mechanisms, being able to feed yourself being the most basic of these, but  the conversation is about the impact of a child losing its mother. 

Ffs Ormond, I know you are pragmatic and direct, and normally I like that about you,  but show some human compassion.

I cannot believe I am on here supporting the the fookin Royal family.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:38 PM, Eisegerwind said:

Masons? Haha, as if.  RICS annual dinner, that sort of thing. It's a rare occurrence but happens occasionally.  Haven't been at a Burns Supper for many years but I think they had loyal toasts sometimes.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Foodbanks?? Wtf are you talking about? I live in Scotland,  you dont need to tell me about foodbanks. 

I think I made it pretty clear I have far more  sympathy for those without coping mechanisms, being able to feed yourself being the most basic of these, but  the conversation is about the impact of a child losing its mother. 

Ffs Ormond, I know you are pragmatic and direct, and normally I like that about you,  but show some human compassion.

I cannot believe I am on here supporting the the fookin Royal family.

It just shows they value comfort and wealth over freedom.

6 hours ago, phart said:

It just shows they value comfort and wealth over freedom.

Of that I have no doubt,  but it didnt stop me having sympathy for them for the loss of their mother , Harry was only 12. This doesnt mean I was greetin into a commemorative  Diana mug. 

Anyway, I am saying nothing more on the subject, the new wean must be walking all the way to Harrods by now 🙂

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Of that I have no doubt,  but it didnt stop me having sympathy for them for the loss of their mother , Harry was only 12. This doesnt mean I was greetin into a commemorative  Diana mug. 

Anyway, I am saying nothing more on the subject, the new wean must be walking all the way to Harrods by now 🙂

I'm talking about the board members not the royals. They don't see it as a bad thing to have comfort at the expense of personal freedom.