Pmq's Cancelled, Cameron, Clegg And Milliband All Heading To Scotland Tomorrow - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pmq's Cancelled, Cameron, Clegg And Milliband All Heading To Scotland Tomorrow

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky news just said the Queen was "not amused" about the prospect if Scottish Independence.

Ehm, did she, or was that completely made up by a Murdoch mouthpiece?

So far the Queen has stayed out of the debate (as she is constitutionally obliged to do).

A Quick twitter to @KayBurley I feel.

J

Telegraph reporting that MPs urging Queen to intervene in the debate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11083204/Scottish-independence-The-Queen-is-urged-to-intervene.html

But for Salmond to mention the queen 'risks controversy'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11083874/Alex-Salmond-implies-Queen-backs-Scottish-independence.html

Edited by exile

Standard Life and Scottish Widows?

Yes.

Prepare for financial institution scare stories then.

Standard Life have re-emphasised their press release from earlier in the year on their website today.

The Credit Suisse analyst report I was sent yesterday from Monday even had me wavering.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

I was at this for a wee while this morning on rutherglen main st. What is it with millionaires and soapboxes? anyway, heres a clip of john Prescott saying we should have a uk football team as we'd have a better chance of beating "the Germans". I did plenty of heckling (i mean informed political interjection) but its pretty hard to be heard over a loud speaker. Loads of local Yessers there, i recognised a lot of our local Ruglen/Clang campaigners but also plenty Ruggie locals jeering the bussed in better together mob. One of them responded to my shouting at Prescott by telling me to shave as i was a disgrace, I was cut to the quick. A couple of Yessers had their signs ripped off them and saw one wee guy offering it to a 7 foot yesser. just the usual then, theyre rattled big time!

https://skynews.grabyo.com/g/v/9mDFHtctx8O

Edited by neilly71

I was at this for a wee while this morning on rutherglen main st. What is it with millionaires and soapboxes? anyway, heres a clip of john Prescott saying we should have a uk football team as we'd have a better chance of beating "the Germans". I did plenty of heckling (i mean informed political interjection) but its pretty hard to be heard over a loud speaker. Loads of local Yessers there, i recognised a lot of our local campaigners but also plenty Ruggie locals jeering the bussed in better together mob. One of them responded to my shouting at Prescott by telling me to shave as i was a disgrace, I was cut to the quick. A couple of Yessers had their signs ripped off them and saw one wee guy offering it to a 7 foot yesser. just the usual then, theyre rattled big time!

https://skynews.grabyo.com/g/v/9mDFHtctx8O

What an odious, patronising fud he is. He shouldn't 'return' back across the border, he should be fuckin' chased over it with this in his rear view mirror...

5EBC2913-BC44-4325-B2E5-D5AAAAE3D419_zps

He kept banging on about how his background was welsh, scottish this english that, i was shouting that it wasnt about nationalities but about where the power lay. Fat person couldnt hear me anyway, although he did hear us all chanting "we're voting yes". At one point said he give us thirty pieces of silver if we just shut up, hope thats on camera!

Edited by neilly71

Just seen Darling up Sauchiehall Street with assorted hangers on including Jackie Baillie.

Billy Connolly was booing him from across the street which was weird give they were presumably together.

One of Darling's "associates" looked as if they were looking to lamp the boo-er until the realised who was doing it.

Plenty of other random people on lunch giving him stick though - he wasn't hanging about.

Edited to add that apparently it was a Billy Connolly lookalike - makes it a bit more surreal

Edited by Damo

I don't think merging the Scotland and England football teams is a big vote winner; On the contrary, that remark should be founded upon, and also his implied anti-German racism which might go down well in England but doesn't chime with Scottish sentiment.

Edited by Alibi

Is that it? All that hullabaloo for that from Cameron and Milliband in front of an invited audience in a closed off room just coming out with ridiculous platitudes. They could have stayed in London and done the same. Darling and Prescott losing the plot being surrounded by hired cheerleaders. Its all down to Clegg now to save the union!

Yes.

Standard Life have re-emphasised their press release from earlier in the year on their website today.

The Credit Suisse analyst report I was sent yesterday from Monday even had me wavering.

My mate is a firm no now after that. Trying to highlight it, also the SFE meeting at Baillie Gifford suggested 140k job losses in the Financial sector this morning i'm informed.