Brew Dog Share Offer - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brew Dog Share Offer

No dividends for forseeable future as they re-invest all profits to grow...

which is fine better to grow as much as they can then maybe when they float in FTSE 250 in a few years they can start dividends.. I would like to see alternative dividend introduced before then ie beer

you can trade them in a few months time they opening up a trading platform...but again i would not want to sell until they float to FTSE...

No dividends for forseeable future as they re-invest all profits to grow...

which is fine better to grow as much as they can then maybe when they float in FTSE 250 in a few years they can start dividends.. I would like to see alternative dividend introduced before then ie beer

you can trade them in a few months time they opening up a trading platform...but again i would not want to sell until they float to FTSE...

More likely to float to AIM

More likely to float to AIM

Possibly..but at the rate they growing they could be big enough to go straight to FTSE 250

After all they are already raising significant funds via their own share issues(crowdfunding) and hence by passing the usual need for companies to go to Aim...

Time will tell...also would they reject a take over from a major brewer ? they say so but you never know until the cash is on the table...

The smallest FTSE250 company has a market cap of just over £500million. This deal, if taken at face value, would give Brewdog a value of £300million. However, given the profit last year was only about £2million, that'd be a ridiculous p/e of 150. As with their previous equity for punks deals, the price you're paying doesn't really reflect the company value, it's a different kind of offer to straight equity - as deecie says, the attraction is often more around the benefits rather than the investment. If it was valued around £100 million or a bit under it'd be realistic, that's giving it a very high p/e on the assumption that its rapid growth will continue. That's still a long way from FTSE250.

• 1 month later...

I'd make a guess that they have a takeover or trade sale in mind somewhere down the line. They seem to be making themselves a target, which is what successful entrepreneurs do.

Can't see it. Doing so would contradict almost everything they've done so far.

They've also no real need to sell up.

Guaranteed they'll sell up. In terms of their publicity and marketing they're following a very similar model to Bruichladdich Distillery, who made a big hoo-ha about being independent, slagging the big boys etc and saying they'd never sell out. All the while maximising the value of the company so that when the big boys flashed the cash they made a mint.

Brew rank beer but sell it to gullible punters at a premium thanks to great advertising? Seems consistent to me.

Your thinking of Heineken , fosters, carling and all the other bland pish beer companies that spend millions on TV and sponsorship to sell crap beer

They may well sell out - you can never know until the money is on the table in front of you - but I don't think so as they have made enough to live v comfortably for rest of lives and brew beer - time will tell - certainly some of the beer majors have already been buying out the craft breweries

Brew rank beer but sell it to gullible punters at a premium thanks to great advertising? Seems consistent to me.

The appreciation of beer is a subjective judgement.

What is not subjective is the business numbers. They are clearly catering for a market that exists. And doing it very, very well.

Yes, correct. I see we have just about managed to avoid the pavlovian reaction kicked in with 'you must drink fosters, Heineken' type posts..

Edited by johnnie x

Yes, correct. I see we have just about managed to avoid the pavlovian reaction kicked in with 'you must drink fosters, Heineken' type posts..

What is correct ? that brewdog brew rank beer - what really ? the whole range is rank ?.. or they sell because of advertising ? i don't think they advertise much ? certainly only relevent advertising about their product not some comedy advert that has nothing to do with the content of the beer..

One point I would like to add is that after drinking solidly for 8 hours at the AGM i felt bright and breezy the next day - no hangover..now i may have just dodged a bullet but the whole purity against chemical additives in beer definately requires more research..the only other times i have remained hangover free from all day sessions was in Germany and we know how they don't add extra crap into their beer.

I wouldnt say no to a pint of tennents put in front of me but i do wonder what exactly goes into the mainstream stuff

What is correct ? that brewdog brew rank beer - what really ? the whole range is rank ?.. or they sell because of advertising ? i don't think they advertise much ? certainly only relevent advertising about their product not some comedy advert that has nothing to do with the content of the beer..

One point I would like to add is that after drinking solidly for 8 hours at the AGM i felt bright and breezy the next day - no hangover..now i may have just dodged a bullet but the whole purity against chemical additives in beer definately requires more research..the only other times i have remained hangover free from all day sessions was in Germany and we know how they don't add extra crap into their beer.

I wouldnt say no to a pint of tennents put in front of me but i do wonder what exactly goes into the mainstream stuff

Got to agree with this. I've started drinking craft beers now instead of the mainstream stuff like Tennents and Stella. The difference in my hangovers is night and day. Pretty much non existent when i stick to the brewdog and Williams Brothers stuff.