Horse Called Scotland - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Horse Called Scotland

washboarder

I'd love to own a horse or two, but unfortunately I'm not quite in that financial league. I could convert the lockup into a stable I suppose...

I've often considered looking into these 'shares' you can buy in a horse and had a wee look once. But even that works out really expensive.

I spoke to someone through work who used to own a horse and sent it down to Folkestone (RIP). It was placed but the winnings barely covered their travel costs.

onewilliemiller (banned) was paying £180 + per month with vet fees on top - there was also an initial up front payment. That was for a fillie by the name of Baltic Spirit - apart from a credible third at Musselburgh she was usually to be found at the back of the field - sadly not been heard of for some time... Edited by Charlie Endell

I'll give Hamilton a miss tomorrow CE. Weather doesn't look great and the wife seems to be making plans for me tomorrow involving a trip to IKEA!!!

Hopefully I'll be back in time to catch the race on the telly! HP on the cooncil telly must be a first surely.

Hoping to get to either Worcester or Nottingham next month though (hopefully there's no IKEAs down there :-) )

It's to be 9c tomorrow and wet - Swedish meatballs in IKEA sounds more tempting!

I fancy Economic Crisis and Hopes & Dreams in the first two (EC only seems to run well fresh and has a good HP record - won the season opener the previous two years).

I honestly wouldn't rush to Worcester - it has been voted the worst racecourse in GB - the place has absolutely no character and it's the worst of the 44 GB tracks I've been to.

Nottingham is a better bet - nice wee track (although I prefer Leicester in that neck of the woods). I'd highly recommend a visit to Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem if you're in Nottingham.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Ach, ok, stuck by Hopes n Dreams, which pissed it up at 6s. I then did ​Aramist in the 2.45 - I should have done Fallon again in the 3.20 but I followed the money and went for the jolly...

Aye, a pretty miserable day weather wise!

• 2 weeks later...

Scottish won today

Led from start to finish - quite impressive

Scotland runs on Saturday but 14/1 reflects its price