Star Wars 7 Trailer - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Star Wars 7 Trailer

It will be PC laden hollywood shite of the highest order is my guess. 5 (maybe 6) super crap movies on the back of one pretty feckin cheesey one... It was the merit of being 'first' that made Star Wars so successful. Nothing like that had been done at that point. Still at least they seem to have realized that Lucas was one of the worst character writers in the history of planet earth. (Or employed them.)

Have much higher hopes for The Martian which looks reasonable.

It will be PC laden hollywood shite of the highest order is my guess. 5 (maybe 6) super crap movies on the back of one pretty feckin cheesey one... It was the merit of being 'first' that made Star Wars so successful. Nothing like that had been done at that point. Still at least they seem to have realized that Lucas was one of the worst character writers in the history of planet earth. (Or employed them.)

My kind of review :ok: . Roll over Mark Kermode. Edited by Charlie Endell

Have much higher hopes for The Martian which looks reasonable.

Like Lawrence Kasdan? And you have high hopes for a Ridley Scott movie - Scott's record of late is very patchy and if your looking for poor story telling and wooden dialogue then check out Kingdom of Heaven or Robin Hood. Though, in fear of losing any ground I may have made, The Martian is very good!

What! Ridley Scott is involved? Aww feck... I've seen Prometheus. I still have faith as I have read (obviously not well enough that this is adhering to proper science fiction with the emphasis on the science and not all the drama in a space suit piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssh! Jar Jar out.

Many,many years ago, I queued outside the cinema for an entire screening of Star Wars as we wanted to see it within the first weekend it was out and was about 100 too far back in the queue to get into the screening and you couldn't buy tickets in advance. Managed to get into the next screening though - and my mum brought us chips while we were waiting outside.

You youngsters don't know how lucky you are.....

On the plus side, it was the first time I'd ever been chatted up though I think my big sister frightened him off!