Polls - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flumax

I've said before that the problem the SNP will have is the amount of ####wits that get elected and make a complete cockwomble if it.

Nah as long as they keep their powder dry and go through the correct door and leave the talking to the old heads, it won't matter.... And I think that is why the whole defection/speak out clause was passed recently to stop over enthusiastic nut jobs going off script.

And I think that is why the whole defection/speak out clause was passed recently to stop over enthusiastic nut jobs going off script.

It's more likely to keep people from speaking out in disgust when they vote alongside conservative on economic issues.

It's more likely to keep people from speaking out in disgust when they vote alongside conservative on economic issues.

Like when your Labour party voted with the Tories for £30 billion more welfare cuts?

When was the last time SNP voted with the Tories on economic issues?

I've been following the young Paisley girls campaign quite closely since the smear against her, and she's formidable...

Aye, it seemed bonkers picking a 20 year old to run against Alexander, but having seen her on TV a couple of times she's very competent indeed. A future at the top of the SNP beckons for her I think...

Aye, it seemed bonkers picking a 20 year old to run against Alexander, but having seen her on TV a couple of times she's very competent indeed. A future at the top of the SNP beckons for her I think...

Was really impressed by her. Saw her very succinctly break down everything that is wrong with establishment politics, before a careerist Labour man tried to put her down, thus adding even greater weight to the argument she's just made.

Edited by Stapes

When was the last time SNP voted with the Tories on economic issues?

Anyway, no matter how Wings try's to spin it, the SNP minority government enjoyed the backing of the Tories in Holyrood, while the SNP MP's voted alongside Tory on a majority of economic issues in 2005 to 2010... A ridiculous percentage of majority.

Closer to home the SNP still enjoy regular Tory support (albeit unnecessary) in Holyrood, and there are SNP/Tory coalitions in local authorities. To suggest the SNP won't turn to the Torys when required is incredibly naive.

They're not my party :lol:

You've told us you are trying to help one of them win an election. In my book that makes you one of them. It doesn't matter whether you are a member of the party or not. You are trying to canvass support for a Labour party candidate, so for this election at least, Labour is your party. Unless you've changed your mind of course. Which you are perfectly entitled to do.

You've told us you are trying to help one of them win an election. In my book that makes you one of them. It doesn't matter whether you are a member of the party or not. You are trying to canvass support for a Labour party candidate, so for this election at least, Labour is your party. Unless you've changed your mind of course. Which you are perfectly entitled to do.

If you say so, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion.

And there are Labour/Tory coalitions in local authorities. To suggest Labour won't turn to the Torys when required is incredibly naive.

?

I campaigned for Katy Clark in 2010 while I was a member of the SNP. Schrödingers activist?

Was really impressed by her. Saw her very succinctly break down everything that is wrong with establishment politics, before a careerist Labour man tried to put her down, thus adding even greater weight to the argument she's just made.

I'm not much of a gambler but I wonder what kind of odds you'd get on Mhairi Black taking that seat from the slimy Douglas Alexander.

I'm not much of a gambler but I wonder what kind of odds you'd get on Mhairi Black taking that seat from the slimy Douglas Alexander.

Paddy Power are offering odds on every UK constituency. For this one the SNP are 1/3 to win while Labour are 2/1. All other parties 100/1

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/other-politics/scotland-constituencies?ev_oc_grp_ids=2024459

Anyway, no matter how Wings try's to spin it, the SNP minority government enjoyed the backing of the Tories in Holyrood, while the SNP MP's voted alongside Tory on a majority of economic issues in 2005 to 2010... A ridiculous percentage of majority.

Closer to home the SNP still enjoy regular Tory support (albeit unnecessary) in Holyrood, and there are SNP/Tory coalitions in local authorities. To suggest the SNP won't turn to the Torys when required is incredibly naive.

Well in Kirkcaldy the two i think tories joined with labour to run the cooncil.