Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 30 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Is that good for us I wonder.. cannot really have our no. 2 no playing games.

It's always possible they could end up selling McGregor if Marshall is too good to displace ?

We really will also need to start looking at giving one or two of younger keepers (Bain, Archer, Hamilton) some run outs in friendly matches in the next twelve months. 

Think Craig Gordon is finished sadly. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

4 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Gordon finished? He's had a few wobbles recently but he's still quality. 

A few wobbles ?

He's been awful for Celtic since the turn of the New Year. Cost Celtic a couple of goals already this season. His confidence looks really low.

A Scotland legend 110% and one who has saved us from total annihilation in the past but all good things must come to an end sadly. :(

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Macgregor had a few wobbles for Hull at the beginnng of last season but returned to top form and was definitely number one.  I hope that this doesn't mean his injury is worse than feared.

I've got a feeling he'll end up back at Rangers in the next couple of years.

27 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I've got a feeling he'll end up back at Rangers in the next couple of years.

I see where you are coming from with that but don't think that'll happen.   He's got another two years left on his contract and will be 36 when that's up.  I don't think he would be that attractive a proposition for Rangers at that point in his career.  There's also the consideration of whether he'd fancy it himself as there is a section of the support that see him and Naismith as doing the club a bad turn by leaving without a transfer fee when they did.  I don't think he'd get a universal warm welcome back.

I suspect he's more likely to end up in either the MLS  for the experience, China or the Middle East for some stupid last big pay day or a nice deal as an experienced backup goalkeeper in the EPL. 

17 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Hull make £5 million bid for David Marshall according to the BBC.  Interesting if he ended up there with McGregor as competition. 

Was always baffled he didn't get a move back to Premiership when Cardiff we're relegated. He was outstanding that season in the Prem with Cardiff, they were raving about him on MOTD every other week. Should have been in the team of the season. Didn't know if he was settled in Cardiff, kids at school there or whatever. Or maybe just loyal to them and wanted to help them get promoted again. Too good for Championship.

15 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Gordon finished? He's had a few wobbles recently but he's still quality. 

Got to agree. Put Ambrose in front of any keeper in the world and they'd have a few wobbles. I remember Leighton back in the early 90s being "finished". Playing for Dundee, throwing goals in including 6 v the Jags. Never play for Scotland again they said. Hit the best form of his life shortly after.

14 hours ago, Jagtag said:

Got to agree. Put Ambrose in front of any keeper in the world and they'd have a few wobbles. I remember Leighton back in the early 90s being "finished". Playing for Dundee, throwing goals in including 6 v the Jags. Never play for Scotland again they said. Hit the best form of his life shortly after.

1996 vs Sweden at Ibrox: there's only one Jim Leighton!

On 26 August 2016 at 8:22 PM, scotsgary2 said:

Rhodes..

Knocked the goals in when in lower leagues no doubt.

Move up to premier league...Dropped straight away and  the move already..

And people seriously ask why he not playing up front for us ....never rated him. 

Which of our strikers have made in the EPL? Rhodes didn't even get a chance this season. I'm not saying he's the answer to our problems, Strachan is the problem here. He doesn't want a goal scorer, he wants a player to hold the ball up to wait for support from players who aren't good enough to give it. 

Maybe we should be trying a more basic approach with the likes of Oliver Burke and Ryan Fraser running at defence with a goal scorer or two upfront like Griffiths and or Rhodes.

thats probably to radical for Strachan or a minority on here but the system currently being used by Strachan and McGhee is slow, boring and it simply doesn't work.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Which of our strikers have made in the EPL? Rhodes didn't even get a chance this season. I'm not saying he's the answer to our problems, Strachan is the problem here. He doesn't want a goal scorer, he wants a player to hold the ball up to wait for support from players who aren't good enough to give it. 

Maybe we should be trying a more basic approach with the likes of Oliver Burke and Ryan Fraser running at defence with a goal scorer or two upfront like Griffiths and or Rhodes.

thats probably to radical for Strachan or a minority on here but the system currently being used by Strachan and McGhee is slow, boring and it simply doesn't work.

Or, worse, Strachan will see that a change of system is probably for the best but will stick with the current one so as not to lose face.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Take it your not a fan of Strachan then .....

2 hours ago, scotsgary2 said:

Take it your not a fan of Strachan then .....

He's a legend at my club as a player but his time as Scotland manager is questionable. He's very arrogant and it's going to cost him IMO. 

3 minutes ago, scotsgary2 said:

I am and he is a bit of a legend down here got us relegated which lead to our demise..

Sadly I agree totally his arrogance will take Scotland the same way...

I didn't know that about his time at Coventry. 

hes part of a team of legends at Aberdeen for obvious reasons as is McGhee. It a shame they are both arrogant shite bags.

i have zero confidence in any manager who insists on one system only or one who puts his players down or one who puts the game in this country down.

i think this is his last job, he's going to feck up another campaign and lose any credibility he had left. Of course he will blame Scotland's lack of talent, he's that arrogant.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't know that about his time at Coventry. 

hes part of a team of legends at Aberdeen for obvious reasons as is McGhee. It a shame they are both arrogant shite bags.

i have zero confidence in any manager who insists on one system only or one who puts his players down or one who puts the game in this country down.

i think this is his last job, he's going to feck up another campaign and lose any credibility he had left. Of course he will blame Scotland's lack of talent, he's that arrogant.

I called for a change after last campaign for the same reasons you have stated...

I just want to give us a chance to qualify...in my opinion Strachan has done his bit steadied the ship...we need a new direction now a younger way of thinking..