Germany V Scotland - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Germany V Scotland

Scotty CTA

Superb effort and commitment, gutted not to get anything out of the game and that says everything about how we played. Some dodgy decisions to say the least from ref. stupidity from Mulgrew after a poor game by him , sooner we get Brown back alongside Fletch and Robertson at left back we will be sound. Also think S. Fletcher has played his way into the starting line up, just the touches he has can set up so many chances with Naisy in behind.

Muller.. still love him though <3

Superb effort and commitment, gutted not to get anything out of the game and that says everything about how we played. Some dodgy decisions to say the least from ref. flipping stupidity from Mulgrew after a poor game by him , sooner we get Brown back alongside Fletch and Robertson at left back we will be sound. Also think S. Fletcher has played his way into the starting line up, just the touches he has can set up so many chances with Naisy in behind.

flipping Muller.. still love him though <3

Definitely. Let's have a friggin go for it ! Steven Fletcher looks more fit and confident than he did last season.

Got to love wee Anya. Never stopped trying, gave 110% for us tonight. Delighted he scored, only wish it had got us a point. Anya's a terrific example to young Scottish players.

Just my opinion but I think Strachan made a mistake not bring Phil Bardsley into the squad for tonight's game. Whittaker was just simply awful tonight. We should be starting to phase him out of the team with the number of Scottish left back's available now.

Definitely. Let's have a friggin go for it ! Steven Fletcher looks more fit and confident than he did last season.

Got to love wee Anya. Never stopped trying, gave 110% for us tonight. Delighted he scored, only wish it had got us a point. Anya's a terrific example to young Scottish players.

Just my opinion but I think Strachan made a mistake not bring Phil Bardsley into the squad for tonight's game. Whittaker was just simply awful tonight. We should be starting to phase him out of the team with the number of Scottish left back's available now.

Must admit, Anya has never been in my starting 11 but he has slowly grown on me and tonight just showed me why he is a shoe in, superb effort and passion to play for us and showed he had ability and obviously pace.

Agree with Whittaker, I know he is in for his experience etc but he looks nervy every time he gets the ball and his decision making is awful. Can't wait to get Broony back he would of added so much drive in the middle today.

Edited by Peedie

Sorry but Bardsley is shite at left back. There seems to be some suggestion that's he's the new Maldini in his absence. I have seen him miss the ball twice when trying to kick it with his left foot.

And he's not Scottish.

There is a few in the team/squad that's number is up.

Morrison was dreadful tonight and has been for a while. Had we not been playing the world champions i don't think he'd have fit into our attacking line-up, even with the injuries we have. Brown will be next to Fletcher in CM, with Mulgrew next in line. Barring loads of injuries, I wouldn't play him again.

Whittaker, Morrison, Adam and Bardsley will struggle to get back into the starting line-up or even the squads in the next couple of years, what with the plethora of talent we have breaking through.

Naismith, Snodgrass and Anya have nailed down their place and will face a fight to let go of their positions now. All 3, in the past year, have shown they are invaluable to the Scotland cause.

Edited by Tartan blood

Can't agree re Morrison, thought he was good until 60mins when he clearly tired. Remember he is just back from injury that has cost him a proper preseason.

To say he has been poor for us recently is just bizarre. He has been one of our bright lights in strachan's turnaround. It's all about opinions though....

Can't agree re Morrison, thought he was good until 60mins when he clearly tired. Remember he is just back from injury that has cost him a proper preseason.

To say he has been poor for us recently is just bizarre. He has been one of our bright lights in strachan's turnaround. It's all about opinions though....

His last good performance was against England, about a year ago.

He wasn't really in the West Brom starting 11 most of last season even before he got injured.

It was evident he lacked confidence. He was more involved the 1st half but he took the wrong choice more than once and didn't seem willing to get into good positions. He also passed in the box when he should have shot. Screamed of a man lacking belief. Went missing too often as well.

As I said bud it's a game that divides opinions. I think he has been one of our most consistent players over the last 18 months. He has has injury problems throughout but has been good for us. In my opinion, of course. And importantly it seems to be strachan's opinion as well.

As I said he tired badly and we never really had an option from the bench. Tom cairney would've fitted in perfectly a very similar player, and far more talented then mcarthur who was average at best, as he has been throughout his time with us.

We put in a good effort and were a little unlucky not to get anything. Terrible defending at a set piece cost us. Whilst Hanley and Martin have been decent for us in this past year, I'd still like to see a really good centre back coming through. Need to take the positives and use them to get through the rest of the campaign.

Thought Morrison got better as the game went on actually.

McArthur was woeful, off the pace and not quick thinking enough at times, and obviously made an arse of their goal.

Brown, Robertson and Snodgrass would replace Mulgrew, Whittaker and Bannan I would think in our best starting team.

Chances are though that we will never have our ideal XI all fully fit though.

In games against lesser opposition I can see us playing S. Fletcher with Naismith in the Morrison role pushed further on and Brown and D. Fletcher in the middle.

I am still positive we can get second place.

Edited by runningtings

His last good performance was against England, about a year ago.

He wasn't really in the West Brom starting 11 most of last season even before he got injured.

It was evident he lacked confidence. He was more involved the 1st half but he took the wrong choice more than once and didn't seem willing to get into good positions. He also passed in the box when he should have shot. Screamed of a man lacking belief. Went missing too often as well.

From my memory, Morrison was fine in the 2-0 over Croatia and the win in Poland. So not sure why those have been turned into 'bad games' for him.

He wasnt in west broms starting 11? eh? He played 35 of their 41 games last season and of the last 14 of those games, he missed one and started 10.

I can't help but think you're making stuff up.

He was ok last night. He didn't do much that was flashy or creative, but he got around the park and moved the ball on. I don't remember him giving away possession particularly, do you? He did a decent job against the world champions having had an operation in the summer, missed pre-season, only just got back fit in time to play 20 minutes of premier league football and missed a fair chunk of Scotland training with a suspected groin strain.

If on that basis you think his number's up and he shouldn't play for us again.. well i'm glad you have absolutely no input into the national sides management.

As I said he tired badly and we never really had an option from the bench. Tom cairney would've fitted in perfectly a very similar player, and far more talented then mcarthur who was average at best, as he has been throughout his time with us.

Cairney and McArthur are totally different players, who play very different roles in the midfield. Why you'd want one instead of the other I'm not sure. I'll agree that McArthur doesn't really seem up to it at this level. He's consistantly been disappointing when interntional opportunities have presented themselves, but he's in no way competing with Cairney. Cairney is rightfully behind Bryson, but I'm sure he's not far off making a squad.

Think my biggest complaint was the amount of times anya passed the ball inside and left his marker standing only for the receiving player to turn away from him and look for another pass. Anya could have caused a lot more problems if players had used him properly and played him to his strengths. The few times he did get a return ball he was getting to the bye line and getting crosses in

even before the utter stupidity with the sending off mulgrew was poor. his ability with the left peg to spot a pass doesn't hide his deficiencies like total lack of pace. hopefully brown will be ready to come back in. d fletcher seemed to be trying too hard and ran out of gas but hopefully another month will help him.