Scotland V Northern Ireland Match Thread - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Northern Ireland Match Thread

JagDude

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friggin' heck people sound suicidal on here. Think back to when we couldn't win a friendly for toffee. Okay crap game but the result is all that matters and it is pleasing to dig out wins when you know we can play a heck of a lot better.

Craig they poor

Friggin' heck people sound suicidal on here. Think back to when we couldn't win a friendly for toffee. Okay crap game but the result is all that matters and it is pleasing to dig out wins when you know we can play a heck of a lot better.

They never had a shot on goal.

They had Josh Magennis up front.

They've not won in last 22 friendly games.

We struggled to breakdown a poor NI side. We won but we need to be faster on break Sunday. Far too pedestrian tonight

Whittaker was poor I thought but Forsythe was ok. Hutton and Robertson for me everytime. Not reading to much into it, without Naismith in the first half we didnt have enough getting into the box to support S Fletcher.

Gave some guys who are second choice a run out and we got a result, all in a decent enough night in that sense. Would expect Hutton, Robertson, Brown, Naismith all to come back in and probably Morrison for D Fletcher.

I appreciate that S Fletcher does some good work outside the box, but a striker's main job is to score goals. And he doesn't

I know but he's helped us win games in qualifying and we've looked a better team when he's on and linking up with Naismith.

If we had someone who could definitely take his place but not convinced we have.

The fact northern ireland are anywhere near qualifying for an international tournament is astonishing, and shows how easy their group is compared to ours, they really really aren't good at all.

All in all though, it was a mediocre friendly performance, with a second string side, and we still absolutely domitated from start to finish, they didn't manage a single shot on target. Had we taken our chances in the first half it could have been any number.

The fact northern ireland are anywhere near qualifying for an international tournament is astonishing, and shows how easy their group is compared to ours, they really really aren't good at all.

All in all though, it was a mediocre friendly performance, with a second string side, and we still absolutely domitated from start to finish, they didn't manage a single shot on target. Had we taken our chances in the first half it could have been any number.

To be fair to NI they had a couple of first team players out.

They were hard to break down and with their first team on you can see how they've picked up two impressive away wins playing on the break.

Playing the game in the first place damaged our chances of improving our seeding.

In terms of seedings we'd have been better not playing this game at all (even if we win it).

I thought someone said ages ago (when the match was just rumoured) that beating them would guarantee us to improve?

I thought that was the case too ibelieve. From my memory there was a handful of teams we could get a game against and if we won we were definitely moving up pot. N Ireland were the easiest of that handful. Dave I had thought it was the England game that if we hadn't played it we would have been going up a level?

28,000 attendance according to Sky Sports News

Fair play to them all. I've done my bit down the years...Hungary, Romania spring to mind as well as 4-0 in Cardiff and 5-0 in Paris.

Friendlies? As Roberto Duran once said no mas!

You do realise they have beaten Hungary away and Greece away already in their Group.

In the last qualifying campaign they beat Russia, drew away to Portugal and drew with Israel away (competive fixtures) and they lost narrowly 1-0 to both Uruguay away and Turkey away last year in friendlies

If Ireland or Scotland got those competitive results our fans wud be thrilled.

I think the North are getting a bit of a bad rap here folks.....they aint that bad. They are an improving team under a good young manager

Ye dont need great players to make a great team folks!