Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
phart

So I See The Uk And America Have Pulled Out Of Yemen As It Erupts Into Civil War

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Are you a believer, Orraloon ? (serious question btw)

I'm a scientist, I believe lots of stuff. There are a relatively small amount of things which can be proved with absolute certainty.

It is not possible to prove a negative. Phart once told me that, so I'm fairly sure that will be correct.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm a scientist, I believe lots of stuff. There are a relatively small amount of things which can be proved with absolute certainty.

It is not possible to prove a negative. Phart once told me that, so I'm fairly sure that will be correct.

 

And they are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Contradictory to the extreme

 

Care to expand

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

 

I should have expanded

Religion has stopped the majority of people thinking for themselves for about 5000 years

It's only in the last 1000 or so years where some religions have pronounced science as the devil in an attempt to ensure everyone stops thinking for themselves

To an extent I agree. But yet again I would say it was man's interpretation/twisting of the religion that went against evil rather than the religion itself or the common people's faith. As an example take the witch hunts in ye olden times. Just because some old lady has managed to learn how different herbs and plants can heal ailments (science) does not mean a man can claim her to be a witch just because he says it's gods will. A lot of these witch hunters started out as priests but soon found they could make more money and get more power by becoming witch hunters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, hunchy said:

Not true in fact we would probable be behind if it wasn't for religion. During the dark ages it was Islamic philosophers and scientist who were making the big discovery's of the time. It's not religion as such that's the problem but man greed that twists religion to give them power.

 

2 minutes ago, hunchy said:

Care to expand

To an extent I agree. But yet again I would say it was man's interpretation/twisting of the religion that went against evil rather than the religion itself or the common people's faith.

Trying to separate religion and man's interpretation of religion is the contradiction as religion itself is wholly man made

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30 August 2016 at 0:10 AM, Eisegerwind said:

 

Science will never prove that there is no god,we've been around for hundreds of thousands of years and our ancestors before that for millions of years all 'doing' science and we've not done it yet, I can't imagine that it'll all get worked out in the next 30 years!

That's a fairly obvious point as it's impossible to prove something doesn't exist,it's only possible to prove that something exists.  All you can do is to come up with a balance of probabilities and since religion is faith based its irrelevant anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they had a ceasefire in Syria... (Government troops winning again)

and both the UK and US decided to bomb the Syrian Army during it. Killed about 60-70 troops. Not sure why they are bombing during a ceasefire, unless as most suspect the ceasefires are being negotiated to give time for al Nusra/ISIS etc to regroup get resupplied. This gains traction when Syrian Government forces are getting "accidentally" bombed during the ceasefire. Why you bombing bro, it's a ceasfire?

The UK took part in a recent air strike in Syria that killed dozens of government troops fighting the so-called Islamic State, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed.

Russia said at least 62 Syrian troops were killed in the Deir al-Zour strikes on Saturday.

The MoD said it would "not intentionally target Syrian military units".

The US has already expressed "regret" for the "unintentional loss of life".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37409236

" A Syrian army source said the air strike had allowed IS to gain ground in the area around the Syrian airbase, but that Syrian forces had regained most positions on the hilltop nearby with the help of Syrian and Russian air support. "

Edited by phart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Any thoughts on why Russia would have agreed to this ceasefire? Doesn't make sense to me. 

Not sure, obviously see some advantage in it. also it allows aid into the cities, and Russia is allied with the Syrians. The humanitarian crisis is hellish atm.

All the aid agencies would be rushing into cities etc. So it just gives a bit of breathing room for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see 18 Aid trucks have been attacked in Syria, no one quite sure with what or by who, but the UN have said they are stopping aid into Syria as a result, which is a complete and utter disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mox said:

I see 18 Aid trucks have been attacked in Syria, no one quite sure with what or by who, but the UN have said they are stopping aid into Syria as a result, which is a complete and utter disaster.

Americans blaming Russians, or Syrian Regime arguing either amounts to the Russians fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, phart said:

Americans blaming Russians, or Syrian Regime arguing either amounts to the Russians fault.

And what exactly are deemed to be the advantages of Russia/Assad bombing the aid convoy?  Is it that food etc would fall into hands of anti Assad forces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

And what exactly are deemed to be the advantages of Russia/Assad bombing the aid convoy?  Is it that food etc would fall into hands of anti Assad forces?

Yeah it was going to rebel positions around Alleppo, As quarter of a million civilians around the area.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, phart said:

Americans blaming Russians, or Syrian Regime arguing either amounts to the Russians fault.

Heard the former UK ambassador to Syria on the radio this morning expressing his doubts that it was the Russians as claimed by the US. Said it was a bit ironic given that the Americans had just killed 60 Syrian soldiers in error believing them to be ISIS.

 

Edited by Toepoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oor Boris blocking a war crime enquiry into Yemen.

Human rights groups say UK is putting arms sales to Saudi Arabia before investigations into civilian deaths from coalition bombings

Britain has blocked European Union efforts to establish an independent international inquiry into the war in Yemen, prompting dismay among human rights groups.

The Netherlands had hoped to garner broad support for its proposal that the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) in Geneva set up an inquiry to examine civilian deaths in Yemen, where the Saudi Arabia-led coalition is accused of committing war crimes.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/24/yemen-britain-human-rights-inquiry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US spent $500 million on fake Al Qeada News

The Department of Defense spent over half a billion dollars funding fake news reports and terrorist propaganda videos in Iraq during the American-led war, according to a new report.

The Bureau of Investigative Journalism broke the story Sunday that  “between 2006 and 2008, more than 40 companies were being paid for services such as TV and radio placement, video production, billboards, advertising and opinion polls” in Iraq.

One company, in particular, dominated this realm of the military-industrial complex.

British PR firm Bell Pottinger was awarded $540 million in contracts for “information operations and psychological operations” between May 2007 and December 2011, totaling over $100 million per year. A similar contract from 2006 reportedly totaled $120 million, the Bureau reported.

http://theantimedia.org/half-billion-fake-propaganda-al-qaeda/?utm_source=br&utm_medium=repost&utm_campaign=brsep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, phart said:

US spent $500 million on fake Al Qeada News

The Department of Defense spent over half a billion dollars funding fake news reports and terrorist propaganda videos in Iraq during the American-led war, according to a new report.

The Bureau of Investigative Journalism broke the story Sunday that  “between 2006 and 2008, more than 40 companies were being paid for services such as TV and radio placement, video production, billboards, advertising and opinion polls” in Iraq.

One company, in particular, dominated this realm of the military-industrial complex.

British PR firm Bell Pottinger was awarded $540 million in contracts for “information operations and psychological operations” between May 2007 and December 2011, totaling over $100 million per year. A similar contract from 2006 reportedly totaled $120 million, the Bureau reported.

http://theantimedia.org/half-billion-fake-propaganda-al-qaeda/?utm_source=br&utm_medium=repost&utm_campaign=brsep

Don't forget the soap operas, this is one of these stories you couldn't make up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Don't forget the soap operas, this is one of these stories you couldn't make up.

Thatchers former PR guru was the person running it. Small world lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2016 at 2:07 PM, phart said:

So they had a ceasefire in Syria... (Government troops winning again)

and both the UK and US decided to bomb the Syrian Army during it. Killed about 60-70 troops. Not sure why they are bombing during a ceasefire, unless as most suspect the ceasefires are being negotiated to give time for al Nusra/ISIS etc to regroup get resupplied. This gains traction when Syrian Government forces are getting "accidentally" bombed during the ceasefire. Why you bombing bro, it's a ceasfire?

The UK took part in a recent air strike in Syria that killed dozens of government troops fighting the so-called Islamic State, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed.

Russia said at least 62 Syrian troops were killed in the Deir al-Zour strikes on Saturday.

The MoD said it would "not intentionally target Syrian military units".

The US has already expressed "regret" for the "unintentional loss of life".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37409236

" A Syrian army source said the air strike had allowed IS to gain ground in the area around the Syrian airbase, but that Syrian forces had regained most positions on the hilltop nearby with the help of Syrian and Russian air support. "

Seems the US has just admitted their "mistake" (the inverted commas from BBC not me) I think it was deliberate. i think the ceasefire was engineered to resupply the rebels as they were losing.

" US admits mistakes led to deadly coalition strike on Syrian forces, says "we must do better than this" , Aye "must do better" that's what my school report said about my graphic communication project, not when i kill dozens of folk in an airstrikes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38149963

Edited by phart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×