So I See The Uk And America Have Pulled Out Of Yemen As It Erupts Into Civil War - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So I See The Uk And America Have Pulled Out Of Yemen As It Erupts Into Civil War

Wow CIA getting desperate. ;) So yet another massive provocation of Russia. Shocking. How many days left till Trump takes over...

I guess Obama's backers and Clinton butthurts are squeezing their last few drops out of their Obama administration. Just like how they crashed the markets in Bush's last days. (There is your legacy loyal George...) Fhuck it why not they think...they bought and paid for him and now it is nearly over so smoke him to the stub...

edit: I watched the clip. I kept wondering why he was not shot by Russian security instantly. Came to the conclusion it must have been his 'own' and only bodyguard... I guess that will be a change from now on.

It is going to lead back to the usual suspects, you know it.

Edited by thplinth

My first reaction to hearing about the shooting was bet it was the west and it will be blamed on Isis. Does seem that we are pushing Russia more and more. Guess the second cold war is just around the corner. That will be a bigger budget for "defence departments" then both here and in the us

12 hours ago, phart said:

Don't know whether to believe that either :huh:

Hmmm http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aleppos-children/aleppo-twitter-sensation-bana-al-abed-evacuated-syrian-city-n697686

This on the other hand.... 

Scenes of grief and terror in the last days of Aleppo.

"Aleppo is a place where the children have stopped crying." These are the scenes of sheer terror and grief in the last hospital, in the last days of Aleppo. (Warning: Distressing images in this footage - filmed in recent days by Waad Al Kateab who is among thousands still trapped in rebel-held Aleppo awaiting safe passage out. Report by Matt Frei.)

Posted by Channel 4 News on Friday, 16 December 2016

It's getting to the point where you don't know who to believe. So many stories coming out of allepo and supposedly from those who have just got out that blame one side or the other. Annonymous have been posting reports on fb saying the opposite to what man are saying. Don't trust me but how accurate are the posts by annonymous

8 minutes ago, hunchy said:

It's getting to the point where you don't know who to believe. So many stories coming out of allepo and supposedly from those who have just got out that blame one side or the other. Annonymous have been posting reports on fb saying the opposite to what man are saying. Don't trust me but how accurate are the posts by annonymous

All I know is that it is horrific and in the end of the day that is what matters and what needs to stop. Sadly there are too many fingers in the pie and too many people with an agenda which isn't about sorting things and stopping the devastation. 

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

All I know is that it is horrific and in the end of the day that is what matters and what needs to stop. Sadly there are too many fingers in the pie and too many people with an agenda which isn't about sorting things and stopping the devastation. 

Yup totally agree

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell us what the most recent ceasefire developments in Syria mean, in terms of Britain's involvement?

Does the mean our air strikes helped or not?  Do we know yet if we are the goodies or the baddies?

2 hours ago, exile said:

Can anyone tell us what the most recent ceasefire developments in Syria mean, in terms of Britain's involvement?

Does the mean our air strikes helped or not?  Do we know yet if we are the goodies or the baddies?

The only air strike i know about is the one we hit the syrian army by mistake that caused a furor.

2 hours ago, phart said:

The only air strike i know about is the one we hit the syrian army by mistake that caused a furor.

Hmm. So what was all that about, all the Hilary 'war leader' Benn rhetoric, and BBC 'our fighter jets in Cyrus' reportage?

Did that (or hitting the Syrian army) help bring about the ceasefire or is that a completely separate fight, ie against ISIS, not covered by the ceasefire?

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2016 at 5:42 PM, exile said:

Hmm. So what was all that about, all the Hilary 'war leader' Benn rhetoric, and BBC 'our fighter jets in Cyrus' reportage?

Did that (or hitting the Syrian army) help bring about the ceasefire or is that a completely separate fight, ie against ISIS, not covered by the ceasefire?

Sorry missed this at the time, probably did feck all.

I see the Israeli's have bombed Damascus airport this morning, Syria talking about retaliating, big shit show on the way.

On 13/01/2017 at 9:32 AM, phart said:

Sorry missed this at the time, probably did feck all.

I see the Israeli's have bombed Damascus airport this morning, Syria talking about retaliating, big shit show on the way.

Ahh Israel. Scum of the earth

Just seen some hidden camera footage from a documentary where British Civil Servants are handing out names of British MP's to Israeli intelligence to run intelligence operations against them. Sir Alan Duncan being one of them.

Picking out folk critical of Israel.

Need to watch the whole thing to get full context but looks shady.

Edited by phart

6 minutes ago, jailender said:

This was all over some of the Sunday papers about two weeks ago.

Yeah my not reading the MSM bit me in the arse there then.

I don't read the papers (more fool me in this case lol ) I'm just watching the tapes. I think it's an Aljazeera undercover operation.

Shai Masot is the Israeli intelligence expert.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, phart said:

Ah well seems I was wrong about Trump and Syria, they've just launched a massive air campaign against the Government.

Somewhat ironically, IMO, this will be the first positive story the MSM write about a Trump action. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Somewhat ironically, IMO, this will be the first positive story the MSM write about a Trump action. 

You are about to watch the biggest case of mass cognitive dissonance ever witnessed. From all sides...

This gas attack is so suspicious it is unreal. I don't know what intelligence Trump sees but I would be amazed if Assad was really behind this attack. It is is just so massively stupid and counterproductive for them. And in 'response the US bombs the one Syrian airbase used to attack ISIS... dearie me Donald have you really bought this? :lol:

So now all the folk who hate hime will be secretly cheering this on while still hating him and the folk who liked him will be thinking awww naaaw.

Naive is the word that I keep coming back to. But we need more fruit to be sure.... still a bit early.

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

You are about to watch the biggest case of mass cognitive dissonance ever witnessed. From all sides...

This gas attack is so suspicious it is unreal. I don't know what intelligence Trump sees but I would be amazed if Assad was really behind this attack. It is is just so massively stupid and counterproductive for them. And in 'response the US bombs the one Syrian airbase used to attack ISIS... dearie me Donald have you really bought this? :lol:

So now all the folk who hate hime will be secretly cheering this on while still hating him and the folk who liked him will be thinking awww naaaw.

Naive is the word that I keep coming back to. But we need more fruit to be sure.... still a bit early.

Assad forces have nearly defeated ISIS from the major cities and have them on the run throughout Syria and then their is the small matter of Assad relinquishing all his chemicals to the UN for destruction under US and Russian supervision ... it is no secret that the American establishment and US military want Assad out no matter the cause these are the same people that used neo nazis in Ukraine to topple the democratically elected president of Ukraine just to drive a wedge between the EU and Russia who had become to close for Washington's liking

• 1 year later...
On 12/29/2016 at 1:14 PM, exile said:

Just heard that Admiral/Lord West guy on R4 saying he doubted the Syrian govt was behind the chemical attack that spurred the recent air strikes. BBC presenter surprised he seems to doubt the word of her majesty's defence secretary who has intelligence.

Seems like deja vu all over again. Politicians posturing, rushing to military solution, reported by an uncritical media, PM gets to look solemn, strong and stable, with friends in high places, civilians suffering either way.

Edited by exile

Nick Eardley (This morning): Could be a late night in Westminster... hearing SNP may push emergency debate on Syria to a vote later. That debate won't start for a while yet - PM still answering questions on her statement and there's still a business statement update scheduled.

Nick Eardley (15 minutes ago): it seems likely the government has the numbers to win a vote... but chance for MPs to have views on the record and make case for vote on any future action

Edited by exile

10 hours ago, phart said:

The former head of the armed forces (in Iraq) was cut off on SKY when questioning the official narrative as well. Total propaganda.

Indeed.

We probably could do with a Syria thread of its own but where would it go? Politics? But it seems the Govt wants to bypass politics...

Edited by exile