Vilamoura - Page 3 - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vilamoura

Ormond

75Neil- there are about 30 of us also at Old Village. We go every year, there are 4 or 5 little bats up there with great happy hour deals in the afternoon. We normally congregate at a Bar called Buccanneer bar at night (it opens and has happy hour from 6) before heading down in to the marina for food etc. it's about a 10/15 min walk but downhill! Taxi is about 5 euros from Marina on way back if you don't fancy the walk back up the hill

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g227947-d4918644-Reviews-Roberto_s_bar-Vilamoura_Faro_District_Algarve.html

Hopefully see a few of you here, there will be karaoke and live entertainment also some nights⚽️

Hi Tartan Pam,

Do you know if they will be showing the Scot v Poland game on Thursday 8th Oct ?

Myself and 2 friends are in Vilamoura that week and will be looking for a place to watch it.

Do you live/work there ? Any other top tips for Vilamoura would be much appreciated.

checked with Roberto and yes he will show Scotland v Poland game for you no problem. We holiday there quite often, the restaurants at the marina are all lovely but expensive. You get equally as good food in the squares at the back of the marina that is much cheaper, without the marina view obviously, but just depends what you are after. If you go to Robertos make sure you introduce yourself and tell him Pam sent you and you will be looked after ??⚽️?

checked with Roberto and yes he will show Scotland v Poland game for you no problem. We holiday there quite often, the restaurants at the marina are all lovely but expensive. You get equally as good food in the squares at the back of the marina that is much cheaper, without the marina view obviously, but just depends what you are after. If you go to Robertos make sure you introduce yourself and tell him Pam sent you and you will be looked after ⚽️

Cheers Pam. Will do.

Some of the restaurants listed in my original link seemed to be just back from the square (not far from Roberto's) and had pretty decent reviews.

Are they the touristy ones to avoid or worth a visit ?

Thanks again.

Peter

Yeah that's the place you want to be, I would recommend Braganca Mar, Casa de Pescador (steak on the stone is good), O Vitoria. The Indian next to Robertos is also really good.

Cheers. Much appreciated.

PS I've only just noticed you had posted info about Vilamoura just before my post earlier this afternoon.

Cheers.

Edited by fringo

For anyone staying in Vilamoura I would highly recommend paying Robertos Bar a wee visit. Robertos is a very small bar on the second square behind the marina (go upstairs at Ruis), so you will find it a bit cheaper than Marina prices. Roberto is a great guy who goes out his way to make you feel welcome.

Just looked at this on Tripadvisor. Every single review is a five star. I'll need to pop in here!

75Neil- there are about 30 of us also at Old Village. We go every year, there are 4 or 5 little bats up there with great happy hour deals in the afternoon. We normally congregate at a Bar called Buccanneer bar at night (it opens and has happy hour from 6) before heading down in to the marina for food etc. it's about a 10/15 min walk but downhill! Taxi is about 5 euros from Marina on way back if you don't fancy the walk back up the hill

Sounds good, we will be arriving about 5pm on the Saturday. I saw the bar at the Old Village you mentioned, 3 weeks to go!!

For those in the Algarida Apts - guy who booked us has just noticed we arrive well after the reception closes at night. Anyone else in this situation? If so, what arrangements have you been told? Mate says he can't get any response on the phone from Algarida.

If you mean Algardia then I'm in here. There is a piece on Tripadvisor about the reception being empty at times.