Jam Tomorrow? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jam Tomorrow?

This sort if thing worries me.

If BT completely shit it and Westminster offer definitive new powers, could this derail the whole effin bandwagon??[/quote

They've had years and years to think about offering more comprehensive devolution and they come up with this now. The No campaign has been marked by a succession of falsehoods - the only guarantee that the people of Scotland will determine their future remains the same as it ever was, a Yes vote. Westminster is panicking, keep going, keep working, the finishing line and the prize is in sight

If BT completely shit it and Westminster offer definitive new powers, could this derail the whole effin bandwagon??[/quote

They've had years and years to think about offering more comprehensive devolution and they come up with this now. The No campaign has been marked by a succession of falsehoods - the only guarantee that the people of Scotland will determine their future remains the same as it ever was, a Yes vote. Westminster is panicking, keep going, keep working, the finishing line and the prize is in sight

I agree and I appreciate some late stunt like this isn't going to change the mind of a convinced Yes vote.

However the undecideds are the key to this and I'd hate to think that they could be swung be some cheap late gambit like this.

As others have said, coming out with this now is utterly ridiculous. This offer/suggestion (call it what you like) could have been made months or even years ago. You can't come out with this sort of thing now, only days before the actual vote. This is the future of the UK we're talking about - you can't reduce it to being like some dodgy salesman selling a used car, throwing in last minute offers to try and secure the deal. Might as well ask Del Boy to lead the Better Together campaign from now on.

If BT completely shit it and Westminster offer definitive new powers, could this derail the whole effin bandwagon??

They can't, and they won't offer definitive new powers. Further Devolution proposals can only be made in a conference of parliament. All they can offer next week is proposals on discussion of new powers... Whether the media will portray any announcement as a definitive offer or not we shall see, but to The Guardians credit they were pretty transparent last night in setting out the process.