Stuart Mccall Resigns As Scotland Assistant - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuart Mccall Resigns As Scotland Assistant

Robroysboy

Just noticed within a week of McCall resigning that another Manager from the same league has decided that there is sufficient time to be a national team assistant as well and has taken up the job at Northern Ireland (Jimmy Nicholl).

Rangers and Cowdenbeath are comparable clubs so no idea why one can do both jobs and the other can't

He's not resigned.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was back when Rangers got dissolved. He was out in the press ranting about how he wanted the 3 people on the panel named because he didn't know who they were. Since Rangers were in the meetings with them, McCoist did know (something he later admitted).

So it seems safe to assume that he wanted them publicly named so that they could be publicly 'pressured' by Rangers fans.

They were, in the form of threats and abuse. Who could have seen that coming? :|

That for me was the moment I lost respect for him. It seems to me like he was acting out some petty need for vengeance by making the people on that panel fear for their safety and the safety of their families. That's not acceptable behaviour. I wouldn't give him the time of day at this point.

Fair enough forgot about that.

Let's not forget, a number of people credited McCall with the set piece for the Maloney goal against Ireland.

In the press conference WGS said "we'll miss his luck' which i assume was a friendly jab at the corner routine coming off after it failed in training. ;)