Scotland Players In Action - Page 167 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Yeah you could well be right - Haven't seen much of him. I do think we need new blood in CM badly though. Brown for me is needing changed and Darren Fletcher as much as we love him is on his way out.

Bridcutt, i don't know. Maybe worth a start in a friendly to see what he can offer, personally i'd rather see a younger player drafted in though instead

I'd much rather give Cairney a try.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D Fletcher is a strange one - everyone seems to be of the opinion that he is done and it's time to move on - yet he seems to be on great form for his club - possibly the best and most consistent he has been for years. I'd have him starting ahead of Brown any day of the week still.

D Fletcher is a strange one - everyone seems to be of the opinion that he is done and it's time to move on - yet he seems to be on great form for his club - possibly the best and most consistent he has been for years. I'd have him starting ahead of Brown any day of the week still.

I think Fletcher has another campaign in him

It's a bit of both surely!?

Playing well in a bad league (SPL) or playing at all in a very good league (EPL) for example.

I'm not saying that's the benchmark just stating that it isn't as simple and as cut and dry as that due to the dip in standard of our domestic league and the evolution of the top two English leagues to favour foreign players.

EPL isn't a very good league, no matter waht Sky says.

As much as I like Broonie, his form has dipped.

not the player he was at international level.

Can he get back to his best? Debatable.

Brown had a couple of excellent years for Scotland, I think injuries have caught up with him though and his best days are behind him for me.

Whereas I think Darren Fletcher has come back with a freshness from his long lay off.

His club form certainly suggests as much.

Whether Strachan will drop Brown is another question though.

For a proud Scot you don't half talk Scotland down.

Is saying the EPL is better than the SPFL really talking Scotland down?

I read Proud Scot's comments to mean he wants Scotland players to be playing at the highest level.

To me - that is the champions league and sadly the SPFL champions in recent years have not managed to even reach the group stages. The Scottish co-efficient in recent years has plummeted - it is currently not a great league. Not terrible but not great.