Scotland V Qatar - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Qatar

wanderer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31829154

Qatar confirm they will be based at St Georges Park (so much for the FA and their stance on corruption at FIFA and the Qatar World Cup..............) and that a game v Northern Ireland is being arranged for somewhere in the midlands on the 31st of May.

Basically they're saying that they're against the Qatar World Cup etc but they're happy to take Qatar's money when it suits them!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though not admitting they were wrong, the SFA have basically dug themselves out of that hole with the free tickets for Gibraltar and N.Ireland games, and a reduced rate against N.Ireland.

Game to Boycott was England, this game is so uninspiring that a boycott from the fans would not be felt to send out a message.

Interestingly, no way would they get anywhere near a half decent crowd at Hampden for this (even if they give away more free tickets).... trip to Easter Road, Aberdeen or Rugby Park?

Rugby Park please. Would it having an artificial surface be an issue?

Rugby Park please. Would it having an artificial surface be an issue?

Not 100% sure.

Only if its FIFA 2 Star approved Surface, which I believe it is, as the U17's played there two weeks ago.... not sure what the case would be for a full international

Qatar would certainly not be my choice of oposition, mainly due to loss of World Ranking points (even with a win) so close to the WC draw in July.

However, I always look forward to Scotland games and will be good to go to another one before the Ireland game.

If it is priced well (around £15) and it goes ahead in Scotland (probably Easter Road) then I see no reason why it shouldn't attract a decent crowd.

Qatar would certainly not be my choice of oposition, mainly due to loss of World Ranking points (even with a win) so close to the WC draw in July.

That was my first thought. We have already sold off our chances of moving up a pot by playing England and now this. The SFA are determined to prove they are not fit for purpose.

Qatar is a fundamentally corrupt country with no humans rights and the only people that matter to the Arabs are themselves.

SFA is interested in $$$$$ and Qatar have those in abundance.

Any game against these would be purely for financial reasons.

Obvious equation that the SFA would arrange such a meaningless and useless fixture if they got a few $$$$$ regardless of ranking points or any public opinion perspective.

Possible venues is another issue... there are loads of grounds around the Midlands that would be big enough to cope with such a game. Burton Albion would probably do the job! The SFA would normally want to save money by hosting at Hampden - but then again is there any point in holding the game there for a sub 10,000 crowd at £10 / ticket? So where else??? There are loads of grounds around the Midlands that would fit the bill. Man City would not be a surprise either. Easter Road or Killie would both be suitable. Likeliest in my opinion would be a cheap London venue... Fulham, QPR, Charlton or easiest for the Qataris might be Watford - they are a lazy lazy country and will do whatever suits them easiest...

Shame on the SFA if they move forward with this - yet again!

Wish the sfa would announce this, if its getting played south need book time off work and with it being end of May or start of June alot folk already booked time off for holidays