Police Scotland (Chief Constable Sir Stephen House) - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Police Scotland (Chief Constable Sir Stephen House)

2nd of October

Sir Stephen House made a pledge to the public that "that armed officers will only be deployed when "firearms offences are taking place, or where there is a threat to life".

However after watching yesterdays hearing in which the Chief constable was not in attendance it seems this was total nonsense.

So after arming our police and seeking assurances we know see that the chief constable has no problem with saying one thing and doing another. You can't have someone like this in charge of the police.

Plus if we're giving the minions of a liar weapons, then i want to be armed too. Feck being the only khunt walking about without a gun when the shit hits the fan.

Some random MSM links to what i'm talking about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-31752981

"Hundreds of armed police attending standard calls in Scotland"

Hundreds of armed officers have attended incidents such as pub brawls and drink-driving cases since Chief Constable Sir Stephen House said they would no longer be deployed to non-life-threatening calls, MSPs have heard.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/scotland/hundreds-of-armed-police-attending-standard-calls-in-scotland-1.847317

Hopefully out a job shortly. Seems dictatorial, untrustworthy but just about untouchable. Look at the stop and search stuff, I think mckaskill had a bit of a weakspot for him.

He lives in Rhu. Half of rhu and helensburgh were getting burnt down over the space of a few years and hee haw was done until the fire that killed the two children and the dad.

I've never called the police or asked anything of them, but if i did and two turned up armed, i'd just send them away again.

the police officer is unelected he should submit to the will of the people who are elected, not lie to them then just go an do your own thing anyway.

the man can't be trusted to pair his words with his actions. rendering him complete unsuitable for most jobs, let alone chief of an entire countries police force.

If I remember correctly police officers with taser guns are considered armed. Firearms are usually left in the gun locker in the car unless needed. So if an armed officer is the closest officer to an incident do you still think they should not attend

If I remember correctly police officers with taser guns are considered armed. Firearms are usually left in the gun locker in the car unless needed. So if an armed officer is the closest officer to an incident do you still think they should not attend

Don't get me started on the death lottery of tasers (I've been moaning about them for years on here)

The story has links to social media pictures (unless i forgot to link that one) of officers strolling about kids with their guns holstered.

However to answer your question which isn't my understanding of reality, about officers with their gun in the gun locker of cars attending something if they were closest, then i'd not even know they had guns in te car so probably wouldn't be bothered at all by that.

however that doesn't seem to be the case and my main gripe is the head honcho of the polis saying one thing to elected officials and doing another.

If officers were closest and their guns in the car then i wouldn't have a problem.

I have a problem with a chief constable (who mind was in the shit for searching children) sending out armed patrols to deal with a bus breaking too sharply. Despite saying he wouldn't do that. With the police searches the chief constable said he was forced to hand it over, even though the information commission said it had done no such thing, that was just a few weeks ago.

It seems this dude says one thing, and the otherside contradict him, he then claims the data isn't even accurate, and needs further "interpetation", he's a shambles i personally have no faith in his ability to police the whole of scotland.

What about a chief constable who keeps getting found out he's still doing the stuff he said he wasn't, and everytime there seems to be a problem he's always contradicting other folk, and then when figures eventually get released he's shown to be wrong again and again.

We don't want the fecking MET up here, the power the police wield over folk, you can't have someone like this in charge.

Personally I just wear shiny shoes and a suit and stroll around like I own the place when I am up to no good, seems to be kryptonite to armed cops. For a laugh one of my mates even started a war, which was public knowledge, and he's still stoating about, larger than life.

Been telling the board for years they are not to be trusted! Just cos I've stopped whinging about doesn't mean it's gone away! I once heard it best described as administrative corruption. Some may say arrogance. Some may say just downright lies. Certainly there's, in my opinion, an organisational mindset.

I believe you are wrong. Up in the old northern area this used to be the case, but since Strathclyde took over (that's the way it's seen by polis up here) the armed unit now always have their side arm on them with the big toys left in the car.

I believe you are wrong. Up in the old northern area this used to be the case, but since Strathclyde took over (that's the way it's seen by polis up here) the armed unit now always have their side arm on them with the big toys left in the car.

That was part of the reason I was posting. Certain it was the case where firearms were kept in the car and only came out when needed but tasers were worn at all times. (Don't worry part I'm not saying tasersare fine). I'm certain cops armed with taseres were classed as armed cops. Things could have changed since the takeover not going to argue against what you say.

Surely then the head honcho should bite the bullet and the cops should go back to firearms kept in the car unless the call needs firearms

Who cares if they are armed? I don't.

Keep stop and search it has been great at reducing knife murders which has been a blight

on our society.

All you critics look at the results achieved and then have a look at yourself.

Keep stop and search it has been great at reducing knife murders which has been a blight

on our society.

You'd never guess you were a Daily Mail reader!

on our society.

I do care if the police are armed. We've all grown up in a society where we are supposed to be policed by consent. This gives out a different message to that.

The reduction in knife murders isn't attributed to stop and search, it's because of the links police are making with local community groups in Glasgow. They were doing a lot of good work with assisting youth groups, sports clubs etc. get set up as well as knife amnesties which has stopped kids getting into gangs and took knives off the streets.

Surely then the head honcho should bite the bullet and the cops should go back to firearms kept in the car unless the call needs firearms

That sounds reasonable. (now a general point below)

Can i just point out when i talk about kids being searched the figures are for those 11 years old and under. Basically primary school as opposed to secondary.

• 1 year later...

Another head one fecking off after ignoring legislation on spying.

DCC Richardson said: "I am extremely proud of what we have achieved in Police Scotland and privileged to have been able to play a part in what has been an historic change to policing in this country."

Pretty telling he is proud of Police Scotland which has been a shambles and also his historic part in recreating the stasi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35810938

It's a worry when two senior officers ignore legislation on firearms and obtaining judicial approval for phone tapping. All they face is not having contracts renewed, we dodged a bullet with this khunt not getting the top job.

original claim, spying on journalists, borne out to be true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33798977

" The report said Police Scotland's applications "failed to satisfy the requirements of necessity and proportionality" or to give due consideration to the European Convention on Human Rights. "

Edited by phart

Here's the guy who "oversaw" the response to the IOCCO report calling their actions reckless.

"Yesterday, Mr Nicolson told MSPs the decision to press ahead with the application had been made despite warnings from a detective superintendent.

He said the senior responsible officer had provided guidance that applications relating to journalistic sources were likely to breach the code. Yet the force ploughed on, based on what Police Scotland has described as Det Supt Donaldson’s “misinterpretation” of the guidelines."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/chris-marshall-ruaraidh-nicolson-out-of-his-comfort-zone-1-3999211

Our police and social services are going east german on us under the SNP, WTF is happening?

Also seems a culture of senior officers grassing each other up,while giving pay rises without doing assessment, lovely that these folk just kept getting promoted.

"A source said: “The SPA have said they are considering whether misconduct proceedings should be initiated against the ACC.

“It’s claimed that dozens of pay rises were signed off on the basis of wrongful information.(by " Mr Nicolson " above)

“We are talking about thousands of pounds at a time. Obviously, staff involved were unlikely to complain
as they were receiving rises."

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/probe-police-chiefs-pay-rises-6302988#fqKzeBRRUMQhpB1F.99

In its report, PIRC concluded that it "appears" Nicolson "did not complete appraisals for the majority of superintendents for whom he was line manager".

It added that, in relation to the lack of appraisals for the detective superintendent, Orr must also "share responsibility" for this omission.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13198628.Dispute_between_top_cops_referred_to_Crown_Office/

Edited by phart

Police refuse to allow spy probe officers to be quizzed by MSPs

Police Scotland has refused to let MSPs quiz four officers named in a Holyrood probe into breaches of new rules over intercepting communications.

Four officers were named as part of the inquiry after police broke new regulations while trying to discover the identity of journalists' sources.

The deputy chief constable told the justice committee he would not invite them due to "critical legal issues".

Assistant Chief Constable Ruaraidh Nicolson will appear instead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35252638

and finally as we get up to date.

"Police Scotland should have no involvement in an investigation into whether it acted criminally by spying on one of its detectives according to MSPs.

Detective inspector David Moran claimed in a letter to Holyrood’s Justice Committee that the counter corruption unit (CCU) spied on him in relation to a leak over the Emma Caldwell murder investigation.

He claimed deputy chief constable Neil Richardson had given “outrageous” evidence about him to the committee and said: “Consequently I have made a complaint to the Police and the Procurator Fiscal through my solicitor that I believe I am a victim of a crime and that the course of conduct followed was wilful and therefore a criminal action.”

http://www.scottishlegal.com/2016/03/10/police-scotland-should-have-no-role-in-complaint-against-counter-corruption-unit-say-msps/

amazing amount of conflict of interests the police do corruption like no one else.

4 hours ago, phart said:

Another head one fecking off after ignoring legislation on spying.

DCC Richardson said: "I am extremely proud of what we have achieved in Police Scotland and privileged to have been able to play a part in what has been an historic change to policing in this country."

Pretty telling he is proud of Police Scotland which has been a shambles and also his historic part in recreating the stasi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35810938

It's a worry when two senior officers ignore legislation on firearms and obtaining judicial approval for phone tapping. All they face is not having contracts renewed, we dodged a bullet with this khunt not getting the top job.

oh you're leaving, will these allegations not be dealt with now?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/front-runner-next-scottish-chief-6936829#wiozxDU0jdfPEtLz.97

"..has been accused of presiding over “corruption, bullying and harassment”.

19 minutes ago, phart said:

oh you're leaving, will these allegations not be dealt with now?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/front-runner-next-scottish-chief-6936829#wiozxDU0jdfPEtLz.97

"..has been accused of presiding over “corruption, bullying and harassment”.

Detective Inspector David Moran writes to Holyrood's justice committee claiming DCC Neil Richardson gave “outrageous and completely false” evidence to MSPs 

https://www.holyrood.com/articles/news/detective-accuses-police-scotland-deputy-chief-constable-misconduct-amid-spying-row

Edited by phart