Feck Right Off X 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Feck Right Off X 16

Smith & McLeish have previous on walking out on Scotland so nothing to see here apart from some individuals staining their souls and burning their bridges

I mean seriously - who in their right mind would join up with the Bitter Together campaign at this late stage when they have lost all credibility and are being shunned by the masses

Cheap article. I'd like to see the specific individual quotes rather than a collective 'we say'. Taking it with a pinch of salt.

Also think Kevin Maguires article lets himself down with the Farage link. Thought he was better than that.

And here's silly me thinking the tesco story would be the lead story.

Gordon Strachan has given hints that he is yes. So that trumps all the others!

Tony Watt was tweeting pro-Yes stuff last week as well.

Bit surprised at Frank McAvennie supporting the union though. The last time I saw him he was helping a foodbank take in donations near Firhill before the game against Celtic last autumn. Good on him for that, but I would have thought that that experience might have made him question the way things are in this country.

Whats all this guff about handing out No leaflets at games next week? I'll be having a few choice words with any bitter bunch that try to give one to me. Surely clubs need to give permission for this to take place? if they're wise they should tell them to f@ck right off.

In fairness, RIC were leafleting at football grounds over the last couple of weekends too.

The problem No Thanks have here is finding anyone prepared to actually hand the things out. Unless, of course, they are planning to rope some of their new celebrity pals in to help.

Bit surprised at Frank McAvennie supporting the union though. The last time I saw him he was helping a foodbank take in donations near Firhill before the game against Celtic last autumn. Good on him for that, but I would have thought that that experience might have made him question the way things are in this country.

Not sure footballers are best known for joined up thinking when it comes to politics!

Could Yes get a team together to rival them?

Frank McGarvie, Neil Cooper (I think), Tony Watt, Michael Stewart (if you listen to his podcast with Bateman - he mentions there are a lot of pro Yes footballers out there, but don't want to speak out), Gavin Rae have all spoke in the past about a positive Yes vote.

The BT campaigners are all either over 55 years old, exiled in England and an ex Rangers captain.

Paddy Crerand wrote in his book that he considers himself to be Irish not Scottish. Why's he on the list ?

No surprise with Davie Provan and Murdo MacLeod, both are quite right wing.

That dunt to the heid he took back in 1990 has maybe affected his judgement - on a number of levels!