Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 509 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Who the fuck plays their strongest 11 in all their pre season games anyway? 😂

Think Motherwell will have learned more about our weaknesses than our strengths.

Its a psychological boost for Rangers in the race for 2nd.😜

I think you’ll find we had our second choice goalie playing! 

5 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

What was the alleged nonsense with the KO time ? COVID test related delay or something ? Seen something on Twitter but all a bit vague, as per usual for Twitter of course. .

As far as I’m aware it was exactly that. There was a delay in getting the results from both teams latest COVID tests so the start was put back 2 hours till they came in. I have absolutely no knowledge of where the responsibility lies with that but I’m quite comfortable blaming the ineptitude of the SPFL! 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think you’ll find we had our second choice goalie playing! 

McLaughlin has impressed me so far in the games against Lyon and Motherwell when called upon - there was one stop in particular last night I thought he had no right to make, diving the other way but still getting his foot to it.  Thinking he'll probably only get cup games though in the season (like Alexander used to get) but looks a solid backup if McGregor's out for any reason.

41 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Its all about the Rangers.  Been on Follow Follow again most likely.  The Dons fans on hear seem to revel in that site.  Its the obsession and bile that I cant fathom.

It's a Rangers thread. Who should we be talking about?

10 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Agree to an extent pal.  Easier said than done though.  The majority of Rangers and Celtic fans have their beliefs and traditions.  You nor I nor Rangers FC are going to change that.  A magic wand isn't the real world Tyder.  We live in the real world of Scotland where we have issues with bigotry.  Terrible I agree but also factual.  Only way is education but that will take a long while I am afraid.  Anyway, getting to serious.  About the Tweed gift set??

I dont doubt for one minute it is easier said than done, but it does not take a magic wand to root out the shite from the support, it takes an owner and board that will actually put their money where their mouth is. 

On the other hand,  you WILL  need a magic wand to get me interested in your tweed gift set. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont doubt for one minute it is easier said than done, but it does not take a magic wand to root out the shite from the support, it takes an owner and board that will actually put their money where their mouth is. 

On the other hand,  you WILL  need a magic wand to get me interested in your tweed gift set. 

You are living in fantasy land pal.  If I was a multi-billionaire and bought Rangers or Celtic I wouldn't be able to change the supporters minds.  To undo 120 years of religious bias.  No way on earth could that happen pal.  On the other hand if I was a multi-billionaire I could stretch to Estee Lauder?

On 7/23/2020 at 6:45 AM, Jim Beem said:

What was the alleged nonsense with the KO time ? COVID test related delay or something ? Seen something on Twitter but all a bit vague, as per usual for Twitter of course. .

Their players all have to swear allegiance to the crown before a new season starts and they left it late.

21 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You are living in fantasy land pal.  If I was a multi-billionaire and bought Rangers or Celtic I wouldn't be able to change the supporters minds.  To undo 120 years of religious bias.  No way on earth could that happen pal.  On the other hand if I was a multi-billionaire I could stretch to Estee Lauder?

I am not expecting them to change their minds, its not the owners and directors job to educate morons that dont want to be educated.
But you dont need to be living in fantasyland to suggest they could kick them out the club and the ground. 
But they wont. These people are their cash cow. 

I prefer Chanel. 

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not expecting them to change their minds, its not the owners and directors job to educate morons that dont want to be educated.
But you dont need to be living in fantasyland to suggest they could kick them out the club and the ground. 
But they wont. These people are their cash cow. 

I prefer Chanel. 

If you were in charge of Rangers what would you do Tidy?  Ban everyone from Ibrox?  I know you hate them and most of other clubs do.  So would you ban 30000 fans for singing the sash.  Or 30000 for singing up the RA at parkhead?  So what would you do Tyder?  I don't have the answer.  Tell me.  Chanel it is if you come up with a solution.  I will throw in a bangle too.  Know where you are coming from pal but I just see what the two clubs can do realistically.  God, I went to a Hearts v Aberdeen game last season with my pal and counted several Union Jacks.  Not excusing anyone Tyder but not only an Old Firm problem.  I have witnessed religious stuff at many a game outwith the OF including junior football.  I will never change the views of my pals on both sides when it comes to their beliefs.  And if you think the board of a football team can then it is fantasy stuff.  I know you don't like it kid but tell me.  You get appointed to CEO of Rangers or Celtic.  You want to stamp out the singing of religious songs.  How would you handle it?  Chanel on offer 

8 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

You don’t need to ban 30,000. You ban 1,000 and the other 29,000 start to shut up. Then you reward them for behaving properly with free Tweed gift sets. Easy if you’re prepared to initially lose out on a bit of cash.

Good point mate.  I think we all agree.  Back to Tyders point about cash cows.  Like it or not the OF are a cash cow for every club they play away from home as they can fill stadiums and usually on TV.  I know that Rangers issued a ban on certain songs at Ibrox and even came out with the songs that were acceptable.  I don't know if that has had an affect at Ibrox over the past few years or not as I don't go.  But I do hear the songs at away games.  So should the other clubs ban the OF for the singing and lose a hell of a lot of money? It would be a tough call just because of songs??  Thoughts.  Jim Beem, is/was there a religious thing between the two Dundee clubs?  Genuinely don't know.  

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good point mate.  I think we all agree.  Back to Tyders point about cash cows.  Like it or not the OF are a cash cow for every club they play away from home as they can fill stadiums and usually on TV.  I know that Rangers issued a ban on certain songs at Ibrox and even came out with the songs that were acceptable.  I don't know if that has had an affect at Ibrox over the past few years or not as I don't go.  But I do hear the songs at away games.  So should the other clubs ban the OF for the singing and lose a hell of a lot of money? It would be a tough call just because of songs??  Thoughts.  Jim Beem, is/was there a religious thing between the two Dundee clubs?  Genuinely don't know.  

So what do we agree on ? Do they ban 30,000 supporters or 1,000 ? There is a small difference  of opinion there in the region of around 29,000 , I would have thought a teacher of economics like yourself might notice that. 

Exactly how many are there ? I dont know, I stopped going to Ibrox in the 70’s because of all that shit. If there are only a small number of bad apples as Rangers would lead is to believe then it should not be a difficult task to ban then. If there is 30,000 then you have a much bigger problem in your support than you think. 
Regarding the away support and the cash it provides for other clubs. You dont think Rangers would have enough support to replace the scumbags with decent supporters if the scum  were weeded out ? You dont think decent supporters are perhaps embarrassed by the bigots and refuse to travel for fear of being tarred with the same brush ? 
If the only reason fans are travelling to away games is to sing sectarian songs then I would suggest these are a group of fans that every team in Scotland can do without.  

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

So what do we agree on ? Do they ban 30,000 supporters or 1,000 ? There is a small difference  of opinion there in the region of around 29,000 , I would have thought a teacher of economics like yourself might notice that. 

Exactly how many are there ? I dont know, I stopped going to Ibrox in the 70’s because of all that shit. If there are only a small number of bad apples as Rangers would lead is to believe then it should not be a difficult task to ban then. If there is 30,000 then you have a much bigger problem in your support than you think. 
Regarding the away support and the cash it provides for other clubs. You dont think Rangers would have enough support to replace the scumbags with decent supporters if the scum  were weeded out ? You dont think decent supporters are perhaps embarrassed by the bigots and refuse to travel for fear of being tarred with the same brush ? 
If the only reason fans are travelling to away games is to sing sectarian songs then I would suggest these are a group of fans that every team in Scotland can do without.  

No argument from me pal.  I stopped going as well and spent my money following Scotland.  Wait a minute.  The 70's??  You have been lying to me about your age.  If I could return that Iron I would but the warranty has run out.  I have taught economics for nearly 30 years now and dont know that answer to that either.  Old saying is if you put all the economists in the world hand to hand they still wouldn't reach a conclusion..  Same with the problem we are talking about.  It is a difficult one.  It is easy to say just ban them.  Someone on here said cctv them and make examples of them.  But I think that would be beaching human rights.  So I think 100 years of one side being he Billys and one side being the Tims isn't going to go away overnight.  I do think Rangers and Celtic football clubs dont want it nowadays though.  I do believe that.  Its how you stop it that's the problem.  Didn't St Johnstone (might be wrong here) offer three sets of stands for one of the OF last season simply for the revenue?  The Chairman probably didn't mind what they were singing.  I might be wrong with that but it rings a bell.I have noticed that even Pittodrie isn't that full in the Dons ends now whereas the OF would sell it out.  Money keeps the clubs going and at the end of the day football clubs are businesses.  It spoils the game of course (Fraser Forster for example).  But it remains a fact that the OF can sell out any ground in Scotland.  Down to economics v integrity I suppose.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

No argument from me pal.  I stopped going as well and spent my money following Scotland.  Wait a minute.  The 70's??  You have been lying to me about your age.  If I could return that Iron I would but the warranty has run out.  I have taught economics for nearly 30 years now and dont know that answer to that either.  Old saying is if you put all the economists in the world hand to hand they still wouldn't reach a conclusion..  Same with the problem we are talking about.  It is a difficult one.  It is easy to say just ban them.  Someone on here said cctv them and make examples of them.  But I think that would be beaching human rights.  So I think 100 years of one side being he Billys and one side being the Tims isn't going to go away overnight.  I do think Rangers and Celtic football clubs dont want it nowadays though.  I do believe that.  Its how you stop it that's the problem.  Didn't St Johnstone (might be wrong here) offer three sets of stands for one of the OF last season simply for the revenue?  The Chairman probably didn't mind what they were singing.  I might be wrong with that but it rings a bell.I have noticed that even Pittodrie isn't that full in the Dons ends now whereas the OF would sell it out.  Money keeps the clubs going and at the end of the day football clubs are businesses.  It spoils the game of course (Fraser Forster for example).  But it remains a fact that the OF can sell out any ground in Scotland.  Down to economics v integrity I suppose.

Dont know about CCTV breaching human rights but if it cant be used to identify the morons then what is the point of it ?
Do the decent supporters that go to the game not deserve to watch it without all that poison being blasted down their ears ? Surely there must be enough songs in their songbook celebrating the club and its players, or slagging opponents in a more civilised way.  
I know its part and parcel at football to have to listen to shite , but it is one thing for the odd drunk shouting abuse at players or the ref , its quite another to listen to a large number of fans dredging up religious history and chanting about killing catholics ( and the opposite at Parkhead).  

Anyway, nothing I say is going to change it. We just go round in circles. The OF and their supporters need to want it and make a stand or nothing will ever change. 

Re cctv.  If you picked on a few then it would never go to court as the lawyers would say 'what about the other 30000?  But you are correct we could go round in circles about it all day.  So what is the point of worrying about it?  I have had two old friends die in the last week and listening to football fans sing their songs of 'tradition' do not concern me pal.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Re cctv.  If you picked on a few then it would never go to court as the lawyers would say 'what about the other 30000?

I’ll need to test that theory on road traffic law.

😂

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ll need to test that theory on road traffic law.

😂

I think you will find that is comparing apples and orange.  If I was in the Electric Bar singing the sash with 30 others and only 5 got lifted the lawyers would have a field day.  Lifting 30000 at Ibrox for sing it ???  Apples and orange if you pardon the hun!!!  

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It would be easy to stop bigoted singing. Force the club to cloae a stand, do it again. No fans at next game. The club would soon stamp it out if they had no crowds and cash

Careful now.

You''ll get the Union Bears and Club 1872 demanding that the UN Court of Human rights prosecute Neil Simpson.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It would be easy to stop bigoted singing. Force the club to cloae a stand, do it again. No fans at next game. The club would soon stamp it out if they had no crowds and cash

Rangers tried that at Ibrox and not too sure how it is going tbh, its the away games mainly I watch as they are usually on TV..  Have Aberdeen banned Rangers fans for singing the songs?  Not being flippant VA.  I honestly dont know what I would do if I was the Aberdeen Chairman.  Do I get thousands of Rangers or Celtic supporters who sing the sash or the soldier song and bring thousands to the club..  Or do I just take their money.  Its a hard one pal.  Its not hard for us but if you are chairman of a football club then you want the OF there because of the money.  Anyway, on my first Glenlivet.  But it is a debate that we should all be involved in.  That way it will improve.

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Careful now.

You''ll get the Union Bears and Club 1872 demanding that the UN Court of Human rights prosecute Neil Simpson.

A week to go before aberdeen play rangers i fully expect another daily record two page spread on kebab boy and his horror injury.