Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 508 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Makes a pleasant change that Rangers ‘talk ‘ in Europe is about their football rather than their fans behaviour , which regularly embarrasses the country not make it proud. 

With regards to the statement, its better than nothing but words are cheap. If action against racism is dealt with in the same way as sectarianism is then little will change. 

Tyder.  I would hazard a guess that every club has racist supporters among them (remember Mark Walters and a banana skin for example).  I would never condone that and neither do the club.  And as far as I am aware every single Rangers player knelt last week.  But never mind that.  Its the bile against Scotland's greatest side that matters.  Stand on K....  Better not say that word, the guy from Follow  Follow is back on and thinks it condescending.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Tyder.  I would hazard a guess that every club has racist supporters among them (remember Mark Walters and a banana skin for example).  I would never condone that and neither do the club.  And as far as I am aware every single Rangers player knelt last week.  But never mind that.  Its the bile against Scotland's greatest side that matters.  Stand on K....  Better not say that word, the guy from Follow  Follow is back on and thinks it condescending.

Has your club done all it can to address the sectarian issues related to Rangers?

47 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Re: the merchandising deal...

The script I've been getting on here and from a Hun friend is that everything is kosher, the original strips (50,000) sold out via Rangers and Castore, and that once they were restocked the strips would be available again, via a new Rangers/Castore website launching on August 1st. House of Fraser is just another retailer who will be selling the kits, among others. No-one really able to say why they still offer pre-order. Have I got this right so far?

The alternative narrative appears to be that Rangers/Castore were breaking a standing contract between TRFC and Sports Direct. They got their feet held to the fire for what they had set up and sold (Pre-orders), so they had to pull their websites. Ashley has exclusive rights and this is why the whole thing ground to a halt shortly after it was launched, apart from House of Fraser. August 1st will see Sports Direct/Frasers as the only place to buy Rangers kit, unless they allow Castore/Rangers to sell via the newly launched website, with a slice going to Big Mike.

Something doesn't add up.

I’ve not checked it out but sure I read that House of Fraser are no longer offering he pre order. Much like the SD “exclusive retailer” blurb that came out it could just be a bit of mischief making from Ashley. 

11 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Where you getting this "follow follow" pish from? 

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I’ve not checked it out but sure I read that House of Fraser are no longer offering he pre order. Much like the SD “exclusive retailer” blurb that came out it could just be a bit of mischief making from Ashley. 

You're right. Curiouser and curiouser. Legal claim and counter claim shutting the whole thing down for everyone? 

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The court stuff that I HAVE read does talk about exclusivity for SDIR. *claimed by them

42 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I agree, but this is a Rangers thread not a Celtic thread. 
FWIW I dont think  that you or Rangers club condone it, but IMO the club does not go anywhere near far enough to stamp out sectarianism and I have no reason to think they will make more effort on racism. Its a pity as they probably could kill 2 birds with one stone. 
You have said yourself that you dont mind the ( sectarian ) singing ,  and thats part of the problem, some people seem to think its just a laugh. You will never eradicate it with that attitude.

Rangers go on about being a big family, well I dont know what kind of family they are. If anyone was singing that pish in my house they would be out on their arse. Rangers are the Dot Cotton of football. Totally unwilling to recognise and deal with the rotten apples in their family.  

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

FWIW I dont think  that you or Rangers club condone it, but IMO the club does not go anywhere near far enough to stamp out sectarianism and I have no reason to think they will make more effort on racism. Its a pity as they probably could kill 2 birds with one stone. 
You have said yourself that you dont mind the ( sectarian ) singing ,  and thats part of the problem, some people seem to think its just a laugh. You will never eradicate it with that attitude.

Rangers go on about being a big family, well I dont know what kind of family they are. If anyone was singing that pish in my house they would be out on their arse. Rangers are the Dot Cotton of football. Totally unwilling to recognise and deal with the rotten apples in their family.  

Wait. Rolling 'you just did a personal insult on me' Hills thinks the sectarian singing at Ibrox is a 'don't mind it' thing? Seriously?

21 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Wait. Rolling 'you just did a personal insult on me' Hills thinks the sectarian singing at Ibrox is a 'don't mind it' thing? Seriously?

I for one am SHOCKED.

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Where you getting this "follow follow" pish from? 

Aye aye parkie

Good to see you back

Ill get you up to speed.

Mentioning follow follow means you spend all day on there. It probably means you are full of the bile too

Thanks VDA. What's the hopes for the season ahead? Can't say I'm all that positive about it, particularly if big sam is sold (and not replaced)  

I never even mentioned follow follow, so I've no idea where he's pulling that shit from. 

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Thanks VDA. What's the hopes for the season ahead? Can't say I'm all that positive about it, particularly if big sam is sold (and not replaced)  

I never even mentioned follow follow, so I've no idea where he's pulling that shit from. 

Glad you are back Parklife.  You are a really good poster on here and were missed.  So is VA but he doesn't like me for some unknown reason 👍

13 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Killie.  I am just realistic.  I hate it as much as you and I think everyone else on this board.    But I don't let it get to me, that is what I mean pal.  Maybe I should but I go back to the sticks and stones.  I sing songs about Bannockburn and Culloden.  Is that racist?

15 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm never positive about Aberdeen or scottish football. 3rd will be the aim and a decent cup run. I am looking forward to the scottish cup, thats about it. 

Rolling hills pines for you a lot when you're not here. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm never positive about Aberdeen or scottish football. 3rd will be the aim and a decent cup run. I am looking forward to the scottish cup, thats about it. 

Rolling hills pines for you a lot when you're not here. 

Thanks VA.  I did miss Parkie as a good debater.  Good to have decent people with different points of view on here.  Stand on.

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Did Rangers wear their new kit when our Academy team hammered their B Team earlier today ? 

You must have some first team if Siegrist, Clark, Shankland, Butcher, Reynolds, Harkes, Pawlett etc are in your academy!! :wink2:

45 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You must have some first team if Siegrist, Clark, Shankland, Butcher, Reynolds, Harkes, Pawlett etc are in your academy!! :wink2:

Apart from them............... 😳

Joking aside, we had 9 players from our Academy that featured. I know there was only about half of your team that are even first team squad players but piss taking aside thats a decent output from the academy. Not saying our squad  will be enough to keep us up but I’m happy to see the direction we are taking. For wee clubs like us, its the best and frankly the only way forward. 👍

Edited by Jim Beem

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Did Rangers wear their new kit when our Academy team hammered their B Team earlier today ? 

Saving our big guns for the glamour friendly against......  [checks notes] :ok:

Edited by Stu101

Who the fuck plays their strongest 11 in all their pre season games anyway? 😂

Think Motherwell will have learned more about our weaknesses than our strengths.

Its a psychological boost for Rangers in the race for 2nd.😜

On 7/21/2020 at 6:45 PM, TDYER63 said:

Agree to an extent pal.  Easier said than done though.  The majority of Rangers and Celtic fans have their beliefs and traditions.  You nor I nor Rangers FC are going to change that.  A magic wand isn't the real world Tyder.  We live in the real world of Scotland where we have issues with bigotry.  Terrible I agree but also factual.  Only way is education but that will take a long while I am afraid.  Anyway, getting to serious.  About the Tweed gift set??

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Second half is a bit stale but Rangers looked decent in the first half there and 3 good goals. Could easily have been more. 

What was the alleged nonsense with the KO time ? COVID test related delay or something ? Seen something on Twitter but all a bit vague, as per usual for Twitter of course. .