Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 473 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Brazil is Like souness, nicholas, jim white and any other Anglo scot in the media, they know fuck all about scottish football. 

Don't forget that thick cunt Alan McInally. He was always happy to play the Uncle Jock on SSN.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Is he still on the go? I thought he had fecked off long ago

No idea.

Just remember Mcinally greasing up to Thompson and Merson numerous times when discussing the internationals with the "och whit are we like, don't know why we turn up, youse are brilliant though, I love watching youse play" patter. A classic Uncle Jock.

57 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No idea.

Just remember Mcinally greasing up to Thompson and Merson numerous times when discussing the internationals with the "och whit are we like, don't know why we turn up, youse are brilliant though, I love watching youse play" patter. A classic Uncle Jock.

His first wife left him as he was a wee bit too handy with his fists. Absolute vermin. 

37 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

His first wife left him as he was a wee bit too handy with his fists. Absolute vermin. 

I've had the misfortune to have come across Dumbo on a few occasions and he's never failed to came across as anything other than a complete prick.

After we played France in St. Etienne in a friendly in 1997, he was in a night club and handing out what looked like Panini stickers of him in a Bayern Munich kit to any "burdz" that looked like they might be remotely interested, I don't think he got anywhere.

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

After we played France in St. Etienne in a friendly in 1997, he was in a night club and handing out what looked like Panini stickers of him in a Bayern Munich kit to any "burdz" that looked like they might be remotely interested, I don't think he got anywhere.

That is an absolute stonker of a story :lol:

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

I've had the misfortune to have come across Dumbo on a few occasions and he's never failed to came across as anything other than a complete prick.

Sounds about right. My parents were friends with his first wife's parents. I saw for myself what he did and I'd gladly knock his teeth out of his arrogant, bastard face. 

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sounds about right. My parents were friends with his first wife's parents. I saw for myself what he did and I'd gladly knock his teeth out of his arrogant, bastard face. 

Bloody hell.  

And to think that he likes to portray himself as clownish "nice but dim" kind of guy. 

9 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That is an absolute stonker of a story :lol:

I have better ones.   This is a bit long so bear with me.

Earlier in 1997 when we were playing Sweden in Gothenburg, the night before the game we were in the Dubliner.   It was absolutely rammed and so we were upstairs.   Sitting at a table next to us were McInally, a Swedish guy - pissed - and a couple of Swedish girls.   The bloke was clearly giving it the big one about his celebrity pal. McInally was sitting next to one of the girls and was trying his hardest but getting nowhere.   After a while, this Scotland fan turns up, wearing a matching kilt, tammy and tartan poncho - we nicknamed him the Tartan Clint Eastwood.    TCE had a word with McInally and whispered something in his ear,McInally goes radge - "you f-off, I'm talking to this bird...".  TCE is undeterred and just stands there.   After 5-10 minutes, McInally goes off to the bar to get drinks.   TCE sits down in his seat and within 30 seconds, is snogging the face off the girl.   McInally comes back with the drinks, including drinks for the girls, and sees this.  Puts the drinks down on the table, decides "ah, well maybe I'll talk to the plebs", gets pretty much ignored and pisses off.

Fast forwards to the day after we've played Brazil in France 98.   We're in a pub in Paris watching some games on TV and there's a group of pissed - but amusing - Scotland fans in the pub as well.   I'm looking at this guy for ages trying to work out where I've seen him before, then it dawns on me, it's TCE.  So I go over to him and he tells me the whole story.  He'd met the girl the previous night in Gothenburg and had arranged to meet in the Dubliner.   She'd got there a bit earlier with her pal and these two bloke - McInally and the Swedish guy - had sat down next to them and started trying to chat them up.   The Swedish guy was trying to impress them that his "pal" was a big celebrity, she was clueless as to who he was but said to TCE she thought he might be Jimmy Nail!

Over the next few years, I used to bump into TCE and his mates at various games and we always had a right laugh at it.   Never saw him in in the poncho though, it was a great look.

When we played Estonia in a friendly around 2005, we were in the same pub in Tallinn and McInally happened to be in with Chick Young.   The pub had booths you could pull a curtain across and they were in one of those with a couple of local ladies trying to hide from the fans.   Anyway, I said to TCE, lets get a photo of you with McInally, he won't have a clue who you are and he's so up his own arse he'll love the attention.   So the next time he comes up to the bar, where we're standing, I say "Haw Rambo, any chance of a photo with my mate, he's a huge fan".  So we take the picture and we're going to leave it at that but one of TCE's mates comes up and says "Haw Rambo, he's shagged your bird", pointing to TCE.  

McInally looks at him and goes "Aye right, in your dreams pal", until his mate says "1997, Gothenburg, night before the game, Dubliner Bar".   You can literally see the cogwheels turning in what passes for McInally's head.  Recognises TCE and fucks off faster than he ever did on the pitch.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Bloody hell.  

And to think that he likes to portray himself as clownish "nice but dim" kind of guy. 

Oh he's dim alright. I'm surprised he can breath without very simple instructions. 

11 hours ago, WCTA said:

Surprised he wasn’t signed up at Ibrox then. They’d erect a statue of someone like that.

Seriously? You're taking domestic abuse and trying to score points from it? 

I'm pretty sure it'd only take about 10 minutes googling to find a domestic abuser who played for your team back in the day. It's sadly, a very common thing. 

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seriously? You're taking domestic abuse and trying to score points from it? 

I'm pretty sure it'd only take about 10 minutes googling to find a domestic abuser who played for your team back in the day. It's sadly, a very common thing. 

The difference is we wouldn’t laud him as some kind of hero unlike your lot who seem to love that kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, WCTA said:

The difference is we wouldn’t laud him as some kind of hero unlike your lot who seem to love that kind of thing. 

As I said, it's likely that every team has an ex player who was a wife beater back in the day. Certainly both halves of the Old Firm do.