Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 464 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

21 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

In reality, the Sevconians are paying through their monthly donations (except they unsurprisingly don't realise it).

Actually, I think you'll find it is Celtic who are paying the costs...

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1432183-spfl-clubs-get-4m-uefa-windfall-from-celtic-s-euro-run/?fbclid=IwAR3DZJ21zA4ebaP8tBQjsU-4IETsfOOXmM_Q812MxltIhZoUc1MaIwumVD4

;)

14m losses for a team that went bust a few years ago is unbelievable. My rangers mates don't seem to bothered but surely that kind of loss has to be worrying for rangers fans. This isn't including gerrards spending spree plus the fans will be expecting players to bought in January as well. 

27 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

14m losses for a team that went bust a few years ago is unbelievable. My rangers mates don't seem to bothered but surely that kind of loss has to be worrying for rangers fans. This isn't including gerrards spending spree plus the fans will be expecting players to bought in January as well. 

Rangers fans are incredibly dumb in general though. They believe they really are the people and unlike the rest of us who would be mightily concerned about this for our own clubs the Huns ignorance and arrogance is everything. 

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

£14 million is less than i expected. These are a good set of figures. Dave King agrees. The size of the rebuilding of the mess was/is huge. But revenues will continue to increase and the debt will level out. Simple business planning.

😱

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

That's probably because the losses have been sustained by wealthy individuals and big equity swaps. But £14m or even half that  a year is not sustainable.

37 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

£14 million is less than i expected. These are a good set of figures. Dave King agrees. The size of the rebuilding of the mess was/is huge. But revenues will continue to increase and the debt will level out. Simple business planning.

The worrying thing is, this tends to be the general mindset of a Rangers fan. At least an online one. They're like the black knight in Monty Pythons Holy Grail.

20 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Did you expect rangers to start making a profit right away. Not the way big business works. As long as they stick away from ebt's which was the downfall we will be ok.

If that’s truly what you think then you are exactly the type of person the current Board is trying to keep happy. EBT’s weren’t the downfall. It was spending way beyond you means that was the downfall. The exact same thing as is happening right now. You need £4.6m to survive this season alone.  You still owe £15m in transfer fees. The auditor has stated material concerns for Rangers remaining a going concern. 

There could of course be a significant benefactor that these accounts do not take into account. Failing which, if I was a Rangers fan I’d be very unhappy with these accounts and the way in which the club is being run. 

It’s pretty obvious they can’t service the debt from normal operating revenues, I can understand the auditors comment. So ongoing external investment will be required which, at this stage, would concern me. Still in ‘Sugar Daddy’ territory rather than really fixing the fundamentals. 

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

14m was less than expected. Wow. Rangers need to learn what other Scottish clubs know already and that's to live within their means. The rebuilding is not exactly working either, they are still way off Celtic. How many more years will they be running at losses like this. If Dave king thinks those are good figures then rangers are in big trouble.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Rangers fans are incredibly dumb in general though. They believe they really are the people and unlike the rest of us who would be mightily concerned about this for our own clubs the Huns ignorance and arrogance is everything. 

Lol without sounding nasty this actually seems like the case. They seem to bury their head in the sand over this issue. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

14m was less than expected. Wow. Rangers need to learn what other Scottish clubs know already and that's to live within their means. The rebuilding is not exactly working either, they are still way off Celtic. How many more years will they be running at losses like this. If Dave king thinks those are good figures then rangers are in big trouble.

I would imagine they'll keep pissing their money away at a furious rate if the chance to stop 10 in a row is still there.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

It’s pretty obvious they can’t service the debt from normal operating revenues, I can understand the auditors comment. So ongoing external investment will be required which, at this stage, would concern me. Still in ‘Sugar Daddy’ territory rather than really fixing the fundamentals. 

This is it, as long as they have people willing to put in, it's fine. But 14m a year is crazy. It just can't continue indefinitely. They need to balance income and exp. eventually.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:04 AM, EddardStark said:

RIFC results to 31st Dec show a profit.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:42 AM, theweestevie said:

Encouraging especially since we have F all coming in from merchandise.

On 3/23/2017 at 12:07 PM, GRBear said:

Yep profit of £0.3m which could well be in the millions if we had control over our merchandise.

On 3/23/2017 at 7:27 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

I love how these figures are treated as untrustworthy by posters on here, who probably couldn't wait to crow about them last year when they showed a loss. 

The great hypocritical TAMB. ? 

How did that year work out for you in the end? 

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

If that’s truly what you think then you are exactly the type of person the current Board is trying to keep happy. EBT’s weren’t the downfall. It was spending way beyond you means that was the downfall. The exact same thing as is happening right now. You need £4.6m to survive this season alone.  You still owe £15m in transfer fees. The auditor has stated material concerns for Rangers remaining a going concern. 

There could of course be a significant benefactor that these accounts do not take into account. Failing which, if I was a Rangers fan I’d be very unhappy with these accounts and the way in which the club is being run. 

So 14m already gone as a loss, and another 20m in transfer fees and running costs already in the mixer this season ? Seriously ? Are they not still due to lay out a massive amount to Big Mike ? What about a transfer fund for Stevie G in January ? I honestly didn't think it was that bad.