Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 459 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Susan Aitken has got stuck into them along with the members of the Unionist parties trying to win votes by exploiting sectarian division

DmApXiBXsAU9iIt.jpg

DmApXiMW4AwrQlk.jpg

DmApXiFW4AE3M13.jpg

The transparency on this one will come from the documentation to be released under the freedom of information request going. Without following this one there are a couple of points that don't seem to stack up above - for example, the land that Celtic are going to develop their fanzone on is owned by the Council, but will be sold to Celtic. Further, the objection seems to be on the ground that it would interfere with the area being used as a community asset - except the Herald noted the overlap was only something like 6 hours over the course of last season. 

In the bigger picture though, if you are a politician of any party in Glasgow, why would you have Twitter posts of the type that Cllr. McDonald had - especially if you are then one of the party key in the decision making? Smacks of naivety, if nothing else.

They shouldn't be trying to set up a repeating fan zone on a football pitch used for exercise in one of the most deprived areas in the city. 

People arrange games on a weekly basis, if the pitches are randomly closed down for evenings it will stop people exercising and breaking up routines. 

DmBTaicWwAATRJs.jpg

DmBUev0XsAI8ZsI.jpg

DmBVIQ8XsAAAdNc.jpg

Susan Aitken Retweeted Alex Cole-Hamilton MSP

Do you know what’s desperate & ugly? My colleague has had death threats. His family have been subject to personal abuse. And it all began when those elected politicians chose to publicly endorse false claims about footballing bias, without any of them checking the facts.

1 hour ago, Mee said:

They shouldn't be trying to set up a repeating fan zone on a football pitch used for exercise in one of the most deprived areas in the city. 

People arrange games on a weekly basis, if the pitches are randomly closed down for evenings it will stop people exercising and breaking up routines. 

I think the point is that last season the pitches were only booked for six hours or so, when home games were on (presumably the times when Rangers were looking to run these things). To be honest, the pitches arn't that good, and there are much better fairly close.

The biggest user of the pitches themselves are Rangers - who run the soccer school on them.

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I think the point is that last season the pitches were only booked for six hours or so, when home games were on (presumably the times when Rangers were looking to run these things). To be honest, the pitches arn't that good, and there are much better fairly close.

The biggest user of the pitches themselves are Rangers - who run the soccer school on them.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-old-billy-boys-club/

The council’s rejection of a “fanzone” at Ibrox on matchdays was triggered simply and reasonably by objections from a local community group to the intended takeover of a publicly-owned football pitch, which was booked on 14 out of 26 home matchdays last season – something which doesn’t apply to a similar fanzone at Hampden.

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The council’s rejection of a “fanzone” at Ibrox on matchdays was triggered simply and reasonably by objections from a local community group to the intended takeover of a publicly-owned football pitch, which was booked on 14 out of 26 home matchdays last season – something which doesn’t apply to a similar fanzone at Hampden.

If you look at the following paragraph on the second link it reads: 'the most recent booking made after 1pm on a Saturday match day - the time when the club wants to host the fanzones - since [sic] September last year'. So pretty much a year ago.  Interesting that Wings misses that part out. Selective quoting just means you put less weight on what the author is saying, imo, do you not think?

Anyway, the club that usually books the pitch on Saturdays is related to Rangers - who use it for coaching in the mornings, seemingly. Absolutely no reason that it couldn't be used for both, with a bit if thought, i suspect.  

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Which has been proven to be nonsense. 

The pitch was used 14 times at 3pm on a Saturday, but 11 of those times were when we were away from home on the lunchtime sat or Sunday. 

When matches were on, it was used 3 times. 2 x 1 hour sessions and 1 x 2 hour session. 

The pitch is rarely used on match days. 

Up until Nov 2017 it was used every match day by a group of Rangers fans ( I played with them in 2009).  The objections are nonsense and ridiculous and the MSPs are being dicks about it. 

The threats to @SNPDavid are horrendous and anyone threatening violence need taken to task.  However, the fud just released emails between him, Glasgow Life and Rangers.  They blanked out the Glasgow Life persons contact details, but conveniently leaves Stewart Robertson's email and number on Twitter for all.

7 minutes ago, Debian said:

Which has been proven to be nonsense. 

The pitch was used 14 times at 3pm on a Saturday, but 11 of those times were when we were away from home on the lunchtime sat or Sunday. 

When matches were on, it was used 3 times. 2 x 1 hour sessions and 1 x 2 hour session. 

The pitch is rarely used on match days. 

Up until Nov 2017 it was used every match day by a group of Rangers fans ( I played with them in 2009).  The objections are nonsense and ridiculous and the MSPs are being dicks about it. 

The threats to @SNPDavid are horrendous and anyone threatening violence need taken to task.  However, the fud just released emails between him, Glasgow Life and Rangers.  They blanked out the Glasgow Life persons contact details, but conveniently leaves Stewart Robertson's email and number on Twitter for all.

Should the ire not be directed at those that have raised the objections ? ( I assume it's Ibrox & Cessnock Community Council)

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Should the ire not be directed at those that have raised the objections ? ( I assume it's Ibrox & Cessnock Community Council)

No. There is no need for any of the aggressive garbage or the threats or name calling. 

All parties should be behaving like adults and there appears to be childish, idiots on all sides in this. 

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No. There is no need for any of the aggressive garbage or the threats or name calling. 

All parties should be behaving like adults and there appears to be childish, idiots on all sides in this. 

When i said "ire" i meant displeasure - and not aggressiveness or threats

It appears this is just a convenient stick to beat the SNP and enflame the sectarian myth invented by the Unionist parties

21 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The council's objections came via James Dornan MSP.  

The community council were led to believe via Mr Dornan the facility was used for 6 hours every match day.   

Now that's been picked apart we're left with this.  They should have been honest in the first instance.  The club attended a meeting with the council in July and were told it was due to the use of the facility. 

The club at that meeting made them aware this was false and were informed they'd be updated on this information.  This hasn't come.  It was then referred to Susan Aitken and David McDonald who then referred back to Dornan.   See what's happening yet?

It's also convenient that David McDonald locked his account down and deleted hundreds of tweets. Conversations with Phil Mac Ghiolla Bain at all... you know the guy tarred with a sickening sectarian brush.  See what's happening yet?

The facility is in disrepair and would have brought thousands of £££s in to the facility (Glasgow Life receive a fee and a % of revenue) which would be redistributed to the local community.  

The reason we asked to use this is because the current location for the fan done cannot cope with the overwhelming demand from families to utilise it.  

Edited by Debian

5 minutes ago, Debian said:

The council's objections came via James Dornan MSP.  

The community council were led to believe via Mr Dornan the facility was used for 6 hours every match day.   

Now that's been picked apart we're left with this.  They should have been honest in the first instance.  The club attended a meeting with the council in July and were told it was due to the use of the facility. 

The club at that meeting made them aware this was false and were informed they'd be updated on this information.  This hasn't come.  It was then referred to Susan Aitken and David McDonald who then referred back to Dornan.   See what's happening yet?

It's also convenient that David McDonald locked his account down and deleted hundreds of tweets. Conversations with Phil Mac Ghiolla Bain at all... you know the guy tarred with a sickening sectarian brush.  See what's happening yet?

The facility is in disrepair and would have brought thousands of £££s in to the facility (Glasgow Life receive a fee and a % of revenue) which would be redistributed to the local community.  

The reason we asked to use this is because the current location for the fan done cannot cope with the overwhelming demand from families to utilise it.  

Stephen Dornan - dont know if he is any relation to James Dornan who is almost as bad for the SNP as John Mason as an aside

Are you saying one man (the councillor for Govan) knows more about the issue than the local community council and has to tell them false information so that they object to the plans ? 

Would it not be the case that the local community council would approach the local councillor to boost their objections ?

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

When i said "ire" i meant displeasure - and not aggressiveness or threats

It appears this is just a convenient stick to beat the SNP and enflame the sectarian myth invented by the Unionist parties

How the issue was dealt with was by the Council was actually originally raised by a Celtic supporting councilor. You then have the deputy council leader having to lock his twitter account to quickly remove posts chatting to Phil of the 'tarred with the sick sectarian brush' fame, the Green Brigade, and critising Rangers, after the press picked up on it. The Council then seems to refuse to answer any question raised by the press over the following days

Today, you then have the leader of the council on twitter accusing a Muslem, two Catholics and one Protestant of stoking the sectarian divide. On that basis, you could equally argue that this appears to be SNP playing the sectarian card to deflect from their handling of the situation (although I wouldn't subscribe to that myself - I just think they have been incompetent on this one)

Edited by Stu101

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Stephen Dornan - dont know if he is any relation to James Dornan who is almost as bad for the SNP as John Mason as an aside

Are you saying one man (the councillor for Govan) knows more about the issue than the local community council and has to tell them false information so that they object to the plans ? 

Would it not be the case that the local community council would approach the local councillor to boost their objections ?

I don't know who Stephen Dornan is?

The community council requested info from Glasgow Life which ended up going via Dornan. When advised it was used for 6 hours they tjen objected.  

It's a clusterfuck and no one is really winning.  If the facility was being used I would agree with the council.  But it's not.   Let the club hire for the facility and allow it to be used which would possibly include some of the community. 

Aitken bringing sectarianism in to it now I see.  She's got panic mode.  

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Have you ever had dealings with any Community Council? 

I have, here in Renfrew and the majority of them are well meaning d folk that are very easily led by any Councillor. I've seen it happen. 

They are also not normally the sharpest tools in the box. 

Not saying that this s the case here but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they are as efficient as you expect. 

They do all have the community interest at heart though. It's a pretty thankless role to be fair. 

10 hours ago, Debian said:

I don't know who Stephen Dornan is?

The community council requested info from Glasgow Life which ended up going via Dornan. When advised it was used for 6 hours they tjen objected.  

It's a clusterfuck and no one is really winning.  If the facility was being used I would agree with the council.  But it's not.   Let the club hire for the facility and allow it to be used which would possibly include some of the community. 

Aitken bringing sectarianism in to it now I see.  She's got panic mode.  

Then you should maybe re-evaluate the information you are being given and from who

Stephen Dornan is the Councillor for Govan who is involved with the Ibrox & Cessnock community council

James Dornan is the MSP for Cathcart

What the fuck is this fanzone pish anyway ?

Has anyone actually been to a fanzone ? I have on numerous times and they are generally pish poor

What happens when the novelty wears off ? Will they re-install the pitches ?

Just go to a fucking pub with a jukebox that does food 

We dont have the weather for fanzones either

What a whole pile of shite to beat the SNP with

2 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Where's Phart when you need him? Due diligence is needed here.

One thin for sure, you can bet the parks will be booked out for the foreseeable future whenever Rangers are playing at home. Win Win for the community I suppose.

Not looked into it but the Tory Lawyer is an insidious, apostate to the truth

If they want to have a "fan zone" (whatever the fuk that is ) why don't the have it at the Stadium. There is no shortage of space there, and it's where they are all heading to anyway. Sometimes the simplest solutions are overlooked because they are just too obvious.

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If they want to have a "fan zone" (whatever the fuk that is ) why don't the have it at the Stadium. There is no shortage of space there, and it's where they are all heading to anyway. Sometimes the simplest solutions are overlooked because they are just too obvious.

Agree. I dont know what a fanzone is either!!! Only one i ever went to was in paris for brasil game where they had a giant screen and about a million beer tents. Refuaed to pay £200 for a ticket so went there to watch the game. Is that what rangers are proposing?