Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 521 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Scotty is valuable contributor. He's posting his opinions and thoughts on the merchandising deal which is the thread topic. Ok he's not posting facts but at least he's keeping on topic.

Another poster described his posting as relentless which is a great description. It’s the same Sevco pish post after post after post for years on end and it’s done with the sole intention of winding up other posters. If that’s not a troll I don’t know what is. It’s either that or he seems to think that he’s on some sort of Crusade to educate Rangers fans as to what “really” happened and if that’s the case it’s pitiful. 

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The thread isn't about the St Mirren merchandising deal. The interest in the Castore/Sports Direct deal is due to all of the legal wrangling and court cases that have been flying around. That, and the latest conundrum that Scotty has reminded us all of, that Sports Direct issued a statement/advert via social media that claimed they had exclusive rights. Shortly afterwards, Rangers and Castore stopped selling the strips, but Big Mike's new shop continued. A few weeks later Castore and Rangers start selling again. If Sports Direct did not still have exclusivity then their claims would be legally actionable. Would Rangers miss such an opportunity? It smells like a deal was struck - inevitably putting more of the blue pound into Mr Ashley's already bulging big bag of blue pounds.

Ok.  What I don't get is the fascination over a football clubs shirt deal.  I am a Gers fan and only interested what goes on the park.  This obsession by fans of other clubs intrigues me though.  Maybe someone could do a Thesis on it.

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ok.  What I don't get is the fascination over a football clubs shirt deal.  I am a Gers fan and only interested what goes on the park.  This obsession by fans of other clubs intrigues me though.  Maybe someone could do a Thesis on it.

It's quite simple. The Rangers that died via liquidation used financial doping to buy success, thereby cheating the rest of us. This new version are in and out of court based on their commercial activities, so forgive me for being both suspicious and fascinated. I'll be honest, I'm hoping that the suspicion turns out to be correct in terms of horrendous difficulties with the finances, and that this new club is also liquidated. 

3 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

It's quite simple. The Rangers that died via liquidation used financial doping to buy success, thereby cheating the rest of us. This new version are in and out of court based on their commercial activities, so forgive me for being both suspicious and fascinated. I'll be honest, I'm hoping that the suspicion turns out to be correct in terms of horrendous difficulties with the finances, and that this new club is also liquidated. 

Fair enough.  I choose not to hate other clubs or wish them harm.  I am interested in the whole of Scottish Football.  Everyone entitled to opinion though.👍

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Another poster described his posting as relentless which is a great description. It’s the same Sevco pish post after post after post for years on end and it’s done with the sole intention of winding up other posters. If that’s not a troll I don’t know what is. It’s either that or he seems to think that he’s on some sort of Crusade to educate Rangers fans as to what “really” happened and if that’s the case it’s pitiful. 

I used the word relentless and it was the wrong word, why? because scotty is hardly on here. Putting him in the same bracket as that yahoo RH is laughable

45 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The thread isn't about the St Mirren merchandising deal. The interest in the Castore/Sports Direct deal is due to all of the legal wrangling and court cases that have been flying around. That, and the latest conundrum that Scotty has reminded us all of, that Sports Direct issued a statement/advert via social media that claimed they had exclusive rights. Shortly afterwards, Rangers and Castore stopped selling the strips, but Big Mike's new shop continued. A few weeks later Castore and Rangers start selling again. If Sports Direct did not still have exclusivity then their claims would be legally actionable. Would Rangers miss such an opportunity? It smells like a deal was struck - inevitably putting more of the blue pound into Mr Ashley's already bulging big bag of blue pounds.

Yeah agree there is defos still something going on with Ashley, still nor convinced he isnt a major part of Castore

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

'died' :lol:

what ever keeps you entertained.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Scotty adds value to the Board.  But the fixation on calling them Sevco is long past its sell by date.  It doesn't affect me or the other gers fans on here.  I just cringe for Scotty when I see it as it is childish.  Apart from that Scotty!!!

He's free to refer to them how he pleases. Just as you are free to post whatever you like. As long as posts don't venture into racist or sectarian grounds then crack on.

2 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

He's free to refer to them how he pleases. Just as you are free to post whatever you like. As long as posts don't venture into racist or sectarian grounds then crack on.

Agreed, just as you are allowed to have your views on other posters comments.  I don't repeat things.  Scotland Forever.

58 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

I want a hault to the use of the word sheep on the tamb. Its outdated 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Yer obsession with one club is not a healthy one pal.  I take it you know the ins and outs of every other clubs strip  deals?  Or is it only ever The Rangers?  What kind of deal did st mirren get?

I don't. I'm commenting on the deal that's making the news.

Sevconians (want to) believe that they are free of MA.

I'm strongly suggesting that they're not.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Yet if he were Rolling Hills or Ramy he’d be a troll. There’s certain posters that ruin the board, Scotty is one of them. 

Since you were previously very upset at my posting the word 'the' before 'Rangers', it'd probably be more accurate to say that me reminding you of the history and current status of the establishment team ruins that aspect of this part of the board for you.

(Brother... Please put me on ignore.)

My choice is to either 'pretend' or call it like it is.

I genuinely don't see being sensitive as a weakness, but please try to take on a thicker skin when it comes to the truth.

Rangers 2012 are a club that remain without a line of credit to a bank and will be operating while insolvent once the directors can't stump up any more money.

The Rangers have gone all in this make or break season, and although it's early doors, it's a very good start for them.

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Scotty is valuable contributor. 

Thank you for your kind words. :)

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He's posting his opinions and thoughts on the merchandising deal which is the thread topic. Ok he's not posting facts but at least he's keeping on topic.

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Those would be facts. 👍

Scotty adds value to the Board.  But the fixation on calling them Sevco is long past its sell by date.  It doesn't affect me or the other gers fans on here.  I just cringe for Scotty when I see it as it is childish.  Apart from that Scotty!!!

:lol:

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Another poster described his posting as relentless which is a great description.

:sing:  "Relentless Like a dog on a bone We got gas in the tank to go all night We got gas in the tank to go all night Relentless We don’t walk alone Relentless It’s time to get to work, now let’s get goin’... "

Sevco have continually been in the news for the past 8 years for all of the wrong reasons.

Edited by Scotty CTA

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

:hysterical:

:sing:  "Relentless Like a dog on a bone We got gas in the tank to go all night We got gas in the tank to go all night Relentless We don’t walk alone Relentless It’s time to get to work, now let’s get goin’... "

Sevco have continually been in the news for the past 8 years for all of the wrong reasons.

But this isn't a sevco in crisis thread Scotty ma man.  Its a Rangers thread.  Why don't you start a sevco thread if you don't believe a Rangers thread could exist??  Seems like a bit daft to me 👉

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Have a wee look at the SPFL table.  Facts are chiels that dinna whing.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

The Rangers have gone all in this make or break season, and although it's early doors, it's a very good start for them.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Ha Ha.  A wordsmith as well!!  Well missed on here Scotty.  Away to get my Glenlivet and see if there are any Sevco scarves at the same time.  When you back in Scotland?  Sure Jaws and the sons would love to meet up with you again.  The football park in Armadale is vast.  You could do a speech there.  The Billy Graham of Armadale.  And if you advertised that then because of the name Billy it would be a sell out.  hope you well mate.