Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 517 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, dandydunn said:

Seen that. Letters missing, a badge missing and one even claims he was sent an empty bag 😂😂😂

haha aye, the badge missing one was a photoshop to take the piss, but the rest is right, someones had a hole stabbed in the bag and through the top too, which was probably a dirty fenian postman i'd imagine......

Lots of letter falling off it seems and a few saying poor quality.

What do you expect from mad mike :P

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Seen that. Letters missing, a badge missing and one even claims he was sent an empty bag 😂😂😂

After all the years of Ashley bleeding money from the club it could be newspaper letters stuck on a black bin bag and folk would still by it. Not those green garden bags though, that would be too much. 

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

After all the years of Ashley bleeding money from the club it could be newspaper letters stuck on a black bin bag and folk would still by it. Not those green garden bags though, that would be too much. 

😂😂

20 hours ago, Kirk said:

That's your opinion, plenty of footballers tell stories of what they and their teammates got up to in books etc, dont be daft. Did ricksens book not have bits about the amount of hookers and that he hired

On reflection  I suppose you are right.  Plenty of stories from Scotland Abroad and have a great laugh about them to this day.  What got me was that Thompson has only just started an important new job and it has hit the papers now about a couple of daft things he did in the past.  That is journalism and their job I suppose.  Hence why I would never go in to politics.  Like Thompson the guys I used to go around with liked a great laugh and a joke.

22 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Point in case, on top of the 50,000 home tops that have been sold they sold 30,000 away tops over the weekend.  There will be a lot of Castore tops gracing the beaches of Benidorm, Salou and Santa Ponsa this year if we can ever get the planes back in the sky!

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Point in case, on top of the 50,000 home tops that have been sold they sold 30,000 away tops over the weekend.  There will be a lot of Castore tops gracing the beaches of Benidorm, Salou and Santa Ponsa this year if we can ever get the planes back in the sky!

You’ve never been to Santa ponsa, have you? 😂 🇮🇪 

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You’ve never been to Santa ponsa, have you? 😂 🇮🇪 

I had the misfortune of being in Santa Ponsa last year for a stag do, fuck me, even as a staunch Celtic man, it might have been the most grim place Ive ever been. Just a sea of Celtic cretins everywhere, the worst types that you always find on European away trips, the kind that go to some of the most beautiful cities in the world and go and find a local Irish boozer and sit in there all day. Everyone saying hail hail to each other when they walk past each other on the street, an absolute hellhole.

12 minutes ago, Mox said:

I had the misfortune of being in Santa Ponsa last year for a stag do, fuck me, even as a staunch Celtic man, it might have been the most grim place Ive ever been. Just a sea of Celtic cretins everywhere, the worst types that you always find on European away trips, the kind that go to some of the most beautiful cities in the world and go and find a local Irish boozer and sit in there all day. Everyone saying hail hail to each other when they walk past each other on the street, an absolute hellhole.

Sounds like Lochee.

23 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think Ashley is still bleeding a bit from every strip sold. I'd be very interested to know the split between Big Mike, Castore and the Huns.

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I think Ashley is still bleeding a bit from every strip sold. I'd be very interested to know the split between Big Mike, Castore and the Huns.

Other than being a retail partner, the same as say Greaves or JD, I don't think Ashley has anything to do with Castore.  Given that most Rangers fans will be buying direct from either Castore or the Rangers shops(s) then I don't see Ashley getting much out of it.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Other than being a retail partner, the same as say Greaves or JD, I don't think Ashley has anything to do with Castore.  Given that most Rangers fans will be buying direct from either Castore or the Rangers shops(s) then I don't see Ashley getting much out of it.

I read sports direct are selling it £10 cheaper. That’s a moral dilemma. 😂

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I believe Ashley had ongoing rights to match. Gave them up for a slice of every strip. SD claimed exclusivity at the start of July. If true then they have given it up fore some reason.

4 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I believe Ashley had ongoing rights to match. Gave them up for a slice of every strip. SD claimed exclusivity at the start of July. If true then they have given it up fore some reason.

They might have some sort of exclusivity in terms of high street selling (a quick Google of them, JD and Greaves show they're the only ones currently selling it) however the vast majority of Rangers fans won't be buying it from Sports Direct (or any of Ashley's subsidiaries).  He'll obviously get monies from whatever are sold in his jumble sale shops but as that will be minimal (I'd be astonished if as much as 10% of the 80K already sold was through him) I don't think he'll be seeing much return.

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They might have some sort of exclusivity in terms of high street selling (a quick Google of them, JD and Greaves show they're the only ones currently selling it) however the vast majority of Rangers fans won't be buying it from Sports Direct (or any of Ashley's subsidiaries).  He'll obviously get monies from whatever are sold in his jumble sale shops but as that will be minimal (I'd be astonished if as much as 10% of the 80K already sold was through him) I don't think he'll be seeing much return.

I get what you mean, but my reading of various twitter accounts (I know, I know 🙄) suggests that when the exclusivity claim was made by sports direct, it was accompanied by legal communications to Rangers and Castore. One interpretation is that Big Mike has matching rights in perpetuity and only gave up that right for a cut of every sale - even sales directly via Castore or Rangers. You may be right though.

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I get what you mean, but my reading of various twitter accounts (I know, I know 🙄) suggests that when the exclusivity claim was made by sports direct, it was accompanied by legal communications to Rangers and Castore. One interpretation is that Big Mike has matching rights in perpetuity and only gave up that right for a cut of every sale - even sales directly via Castore or Rangers. You may be right though.

Being honest it wouldn't surprise me.  However given I read something on Twitter earlier about Rangers funding the signings of Itten and Roofe through drug and gun money (and lets not forget the water we were diverting from the local church etc)  I tend to take everything out there by those with Sevcoitis with an Everest sized pinch of salt!

36 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Im not so sure Mike Ashley is as thick as to be hoodwinked as easily as that. He will be right in about it somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Being honest it wouldn't surprise me.  However given I read something on Twitter earlier about Rangers funding the signings of Itten and Roofe through drug and gun money (and lets not forget the water we were diverting from the local church etc)  I tend to take everything out there by those with Sevcoitis with an Everest sized pinch of salt!

Aye.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers carrying the flag for Scotland tomorrow night in Europe.  Not a lot of chance but you never know.  Sure all Scots on here will be willing them on.

When did the German league finish? 4-5 weeks ago? That’s a long break for Leverkusen.

Perhaps Rangers playing their strongest XI through pre-season and the continuity from last season in the starting line up will all benefit them?

Not sure what Leverkusen have been doing to keep them ticking over, but reckon there’s a wee chance they could get a positive result, probably too big to expect 3 goals though.

Rangers would have a better chance if Leverkusen had an expectant crowd, they don’t need to do anything other than stop rangers scoring 3 goals.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

When did the German league finish? 4-5 weeks ago? That’s a long break for Leverkusen.

Perhaps Rangers playing their strongest XI through pre-season and the continuity from last season in the starting line up will all benefit them?

Not sure what Leverkusen have been doing to keep them ticking over, but reckon there’s a wee chance they could get a positive result, probably too big to expect 3 goals though.

Rangers would have a better chance if Leverkusen had an expectant crowd, they don’t need to do anything other than stop rangers scoring 3 goals.

As Jimmy Grieves said.  Funny old game.  Mind you, Gerrard was in this position as a player and won the European Cup.