Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 504 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I think major banks are guilty of being involved in it too. E.g. calling in overdrafts unexpectedly to precipitate an insolvency event and then having folk lined up at the other ready to snap it up cheap. Often amazingly it is the same person at both ends. I.e. the people who were running the company before it went insolvent are the same ones snapping it up debt free. edit: Whyte thought he was going to be part of the Green team. But Green shafted him.

A lot of it really does not smell good. The industry is essentially feeding on the dead and as such it is a bottom feeder environment.

You should look at the stuff that gone on with CVA's in the past, although the courts (especially down south) are cracking down on it a lot. I think we are in for a lot more though, once all the support at the moment tapers off...

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

You should look at the stuff that gone on with CVA's in the past, although the courts (especially down south) are cracking down on it a lot. I think we are in for a lot more though, once all the support at the moment tapers off...

To put it into context how little Charles Green paid for the remaining assets of Original RFC. If all the existing Celtic season ticket holders has stumped up just 125 quid they could have collectively out bid Charles Green by about a million quid. All the assets of RFC for a fraction of one years season ticket? Eh?? They should have bought it just for the laughs... but of course so should all the Rangers fans as it went for song. That is who I would have sold it to as the liquidators - some go fund me, fans trust, powered by raging rangers fans. They would have paid anything necessary, 10 pounds for every five pound from anyone else. They would have paid at least a season tickets price each but truthfully more. It was hugely undervalued yet it just went through as normal. They gave it to Charles Green. How can anyone sell all of that for such a paltry amount... It stinks.

24 minutes ago, saintydave said:

Could I phone up Dave King, offer him money for the assets, I only want the intangibles, the titles, then sell them onto Jeanfield Swifts, would that make the Jeanie "the most succesful club in the world"? 

You'd be creating legal history if you could on several fronts :lol:

37 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

The Right Bumcheek could have splaffed £50m they don't have on Hagi or anyone else. The game is run by and for them and their partner Left Bumcheek and however insolvent they become, they'll be eased into the system by the Hampden Blazers.

Agree with u there pal. Money talks in football. Unfortunately. Dont know what the answer is. A limit on spending which goes against the free market? But I do agree with you. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Hagi signed as I told you.  He is on £500 a week plus his bus fair. Don't believe what you believe in the papers! 

A megarider covering all zones from Glasgow to Bucharest night cost a few bob mind. 

2 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

The Right Bumcheek could have splaffed £50m they don't have on Hagi or anyone else. The game is run by and for them and their partner Left Bumcheek and however insolvent they become, they'll be eased into the system by the Hampden Blazers.

You've got that wrong there, the Huns are never right. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

That new Castore top looks mint. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Castore website doing preorders www.preorder.rangers.co.uk 

From 1st August, High St retailers including Greaves, SD or any other who've purchased at CPU from Castore can stock and sell. 👍

Edited by Debian