Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 477 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Dundee United are certainly going all-in on promotion this year.

Heard the American owner speak on sportsound the other week.

All sounds fair enough, but he was pretty politician like when it came to what happens if they don’t get promoted, as it’s clearly unsustainable.

Should they get promoted, he reckon costs will stay the same as they are effectively running as a premiership outfit just now, but obviously they will see additional income elsewhere.

There does appear to be light at the end of the tunnel for Dundee United.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Dundee United are certainly going all-in on promotion this year.

Heard the American owner speak on sportsound the other week.

All sounds fair enough, but he was pretty politician like when it came to what happens if they don’t get promoted, as it’s clearly unsustainable.

Should they get promoted, he reckon costs will stay the same as they are effectively running as a premiership outfit just now, but obviously they will see additional income elsewhere.

There does appear to be light at the end of the tunnel for Dundee United.

Yeah I think they will be fine because unless Shankland gets a bad injury they will go up as Champions this year. They'd probably still need to run at a loss initially in the Premiership or maybe sell Shankland but they'd have room to do so. It's just funny the narrative isn't the same.

I hope their calculations are out. Like tens of millions out and that the club we all fondly remember as Rangers, God rest their souls, died in vain. That would make even Dirty Harry's day. 

A senseless death. A modern tragedy. The makings of a Hollywood blockbuster, the fight for survival, the anguish of death, the threats, the lies. The Phoenix rising out of the ashes, to once again create unmanageable levels of debt, all the way to the triumph of the Petrofac Cup. A real tear jerker. 

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

I hope their calculations are out. Like tens of millions out and that the club we all fondly remember as Rangers, God rest their souls, died in vain. That would make even Dirty Harry's day. 

A senseless death. A modern tragedy. The makings of a Hollywood blockbuster, the fight for survival, the anguish of death, the threats, the lies. The Phoenix rising out of the ashes, to once again create unmanageable levels of debt, all the way to the triumph of the Petrofac Cup. A real tear jerker. 

Still got a taxman profile in 2012 hahah. What a nonce.

3 hours ago, Dapo Mabude said:

TBF if I was a Dundee United fan I'd be seriously worried. Spending 133% of your turnover on wages and making crazy losses? That's extremely irresponsible and even if you get promoted this season (which you will imo) then you'll still be running at a big loss with those figures.

Agreed it's crazy. Big gamble on promotion. Difference is most utd fans agree, whereas in rangers case it's just denial.

2 hours ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Yeah I think they will be fine because unless Shankland gets a bad injury they will go up as Champions this year. They'd probably still need to run at a loss initially in the Premiership or maybe sell Shankland but they'd have room to do so. It's just funny the narrative isn't the same.

Well we lost a lot of money as the Americans spent millions paying players off and rebuilding the infrastructure. We are overspending by about 1 million now so if we get promoted we will probably be able to balance that with increased revenue. 

The trick will be keeping costs as they are if we get promoted. Shankland likely to be sold to recoup some of the millions spent. But agreed a big gamble. 

27 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Agreed it's crazy. Big gamble on promotion. Difference is most utd fans agree, whereas in rangers case it's just denial.

I don't see any denial at all. Fans are aware of the strategy and requirement for help from investors. Fans are aware that this is not sustainable over the medium term but see the need to invest in the club and grow it to a more sustainable level. 

23 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Well we lost a lot of money as the Americans spent millions paying players off and rebuilding the infrastructure. We are overspending by about 1 million now so if we get promoted we will probably be able to balance that with increased revenue. 

The trick will be keeping costs as they are if we get promoted. Shankland likely to be sold to recoup some of the millions spent. But agreed a big gamble. 

All very similar to what is happening at Rangers. £5m of stadium and training ground improvements for example. Shankland/Morelos both similar in that they are players that can't be sold in Jan but could very likely be sold in summer to raise funds. 

I believe United will be fine btw.

3 hours ago, Farcity said:

Sadly it wasn't just a wee chance to poke fun at Rangers fans though. Real people lost their jobs and other companies missed out on any chance of a payout on their debts. 

So while I don't think this makes a blind bit of difference to the football side of things it does seem likely that HMRC may end up with some court proceedings out of this. 

Mind you the game is rigged by and for them, so maybe not. 

And welcome back @ShedTA. 👋

I suspect The Times will be printing a correction within the next few weeks with regards to this. If the Rangers fan who are incredulous about this displayed this kind of anger and passion at the time their team might not have went under.

Im not reading the article on this, simply not that interested, however..

Either their club died when they didn't need to, or their club rightly died, either way the cunts still died, happy fucking days. 😂😂😂

And it was the Queens own tax service that finally killed them off, God bless that old bag after all.