Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 471 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, phart said:

I mind jokes being all over the TV about her at the time as well. Not sure why she is suddenly sacrosanct.

Nope, me neither. Admittedly none of the folk that criticised me have actually responded with a reason for the criticism. Possibly says it all really. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope, me neither. Admittedly none of the folk that criticised me have actually responded with a reason for the criticism. Possibly says it all really. 

Always a bit of a weird one how some folk are considered fair game and others not.

Depends on the audience as well I suppose...

1 hour ago, Mox said:

That seems to be the chat based on nothing more than hear say and I dare say if that wank McGloblain is spouting it as gospel then it's almost certainly bullshit.

He's posted up a document from the court showing that the huns have to pay £450,000 to Ashley as a downpayment on his legal expenses (which the bold Phil says his source at Shirebrook quotes at 1.2 million) by August 16th. Apparently their own bill will be upwards of half a million, with the issue of actual damages yet to be determined. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Phil McGobshite is off on one again, I got a whatsapp message with his ramblings

The short version is rangers are fucked again.

Sevco's 7 year existence (without a major trophy) is in jeopardy.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

That seems to be the chat based on nothing more than hear say and I dare say if that wank McGloblain is spouting it as gospel then it's almost certainly bullshit.

Then how would you explain Phil being the first to call Ranger's liquidation?

7 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sevco's 7 year existence (without a major trophy) is in jeopardy.

Then how would you explain Phil being the first to call Ranger's liquidation?

A broken clock is right twice a day.

27 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Phil was correct due to the conclusions of his research.

A broken clock (by default) has to be correct twice in a 24 hour day (so hardly a good comparison).

He has also been spectacularly incorrect on dozens of occasions so far too. 

So, factually and statistically speaking his hit rate is pretty poor. Or as we say in Glasgow, shite. 👍

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Always a bit of a weird one how some folk are considered fair game and others not.

Depends on the audience as well I suppose...

To be fair the woman was vilified in the press for a long time and has to put up with all sorts of rubbish so now that I'm better informed I wouldn't make those jokes again. 

No regrets though. You only get to do this once. 😉

Unless you're a Buddhist....... 

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He's posted up a document from the court showing that the huns have to pay £450,000 to Ashley as a downpayment on his legal expenses (which the bold Phil says his source at Shirebrook quotes at 1.2 million) by August 16th. Apparently their own bill will be upwards of half a million, with the issue of actual damages yet to be determined. 

That was reported in The Sun today so is hardly a “Phil” exclusive. It’s also the result of Rangers losing the latest SDI court case which was widely reported everywhere last week. 

99% of what Phil 'whatever the cunts name is' posts these days is a wind up to rangers fans, that is pretty obvious by now.

But he did break the original story so you have to respect that...but who knows where he lifted it from originally. 

I do know he is talking out his arse entirely here... 500k is not enough to bankrupt RFC 2.0  anymore than it wouldf have RFC

5 million would not be enough...

Phil is just eking out his living on the original collapse by shouting wolf every time he needs a boost.

While being a total chiseling dick Dave King is not that stupid.

McGobbler is a boring, boring bullshit artist at this point.

Edited by thplinth

It would take a bill proportionly similar to the one that killed Original Rangers.

I am thinking about 1.5 to 2 X annual turnover.

So unless NovoRangers got EBT mad again and accrue a 50m plus tax bill in a win the league at all costs by cheating spunkest I am thinking you can forget about any dream repeat of 2012.

As long as DK keeps the loses 'swallowable' some mug hun nugget will pay the bill... 

Why the fuck do they not give the money to a charity... a protestant one FFS! I mean instead of pissing down the drain on this dreadful investment.

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It would take a bill proportionly similar to the one that killed Original Rangers.

I am thinking about 1.5 to 2 X annual turnover.

So unless NovoRangers got EBT mad again and accrue a 50m plus tax bill in a win the league at all costs by cheating spunkest I am thinking you can forget about any dream repeat of 2012.

As long as DK keeps the loses 'swallowable' some mug hun nugget will pay the bill... 

Why the fuck do they not give the money to a charity... a protestant one FFS! I mean instead of pissing down the drain on this dreadful investment.

You're guessing in both posts. Personally, I think newco are much closer to an insolvency event than you suggest.(not suggesting it's imminent) They have far less access to potential revenue streams than they had before, therefore it stands to reason that it would take far less to sink them and bear in mind they still have no line of credit and no prospect of a share issue either. 

I don't have any kind of inside info but I know someone who is friendly with Peter Lawell and he apparently has told him that the Celtic board believes that another insolvency event of some kind is probably inevitable at Ibrox, unless they find a new benefactor. 

23 minutes ago, slasher said:

You're guessing in both posts.

Personally, I think newco are much closer to an insolvency event than you suggest.(not suggesting it's imminent) They have far less access to potential revenue streams than they had before, therefore it stands to reason that it would take far less to sink them and bear in mind they still have no line of credit and no prospect of a share issue either. 

I don't have any kind of inside info but I know someone who is friendly with Peter Lawell and he apparently has told him that the Celtic board believes that another insolvency event of some kind is probably inevitable at Ibrox, unless they find a new benefactor

You bet I am.

I sincerely hope you are correct.

Dont see it.

edit... unless they find a new benefactor. 

yeah... that is the feckin problem man... for a long time now.

Edited by thplinth

28 minutes ago, slasher said:

You're guessing in both posts. Personally, I think newco are much closer to an insolvency event than you suggest.(not suggesting it's imminent) They have far less access to potential revenue streams than they had before, therefore it stands to reason that it would take far less to sink them and bear in mind they still have no line of credit and no prospect of a share issue either. 

I don't have any kind of inside info but I know someone who is friendly with Peter Lawell and he apparently has told him that the Celtic board believes that another insolvency event of some kind is probably inevitable at Ibrox, unless they find a new benefactor. 

Just asking as someone who doesn't give a toss about aw this, how many other clubs are this close? Because there must be more than rangers on the brink......

47 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Just asking as someone who doesn't give a toss about aw this, how many other clubs are this close? Because there must be more than rangers on the brink......

Actually not according to the accountants. No Scottish clubs are showing signs of financial distress, according to the last Begbies Traynor report from May. Obviously things change, but its pretty good, especially compaired with the equivant English version of this report.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17671148.scottish-clubs-given-clean-bill-of-financial-health-with-attendances-on-the-up/

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Actually not according to the accountants. No Scottish clubs are showing signs of financial distress, according to the last Begbies Traynor report from May. Obviously things change, but its pretty good, especially compaired with the equivant English version of this report.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17671148.scottish-clubs-given-clean-bill-of-financial-health-with-attendances-on-the-up/

Well then, in my eyes that's quite good but I think there are a few clubs very close to the edge. 

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He was right the first time. Roll on the second occasion you are referring to. 

According to one of the other football blogs, this will be the 11th time he has said administration is coming

His business model is to get clicks on his blog, for the advertising revenue.

I actually feel quite sorry for the guy, he has mental health issues, which he has spoken openly about in the past. However it was his own fault that his career was ruined by the sectarianism stuff.  Hope he is getting help anyway.

6 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Well then, in my eyes that's quite good but I think there are a few clubs very close to the edge. 

I think the conclusion is that its better than its been, but not great by any means. A lot of clubs rely on volunteers, etc.

Sounds like the singing kettle for huns is going as expected:

apparently the pavilion had to email and produce a flyer with the contents below.

Please find below a leaflet that we are, unfortunately, handing out at the remaining performances of Rally Roon The Rangers.

Where we set out to make this production non bigoted or sectarian, at last Saturday’s evening performance, a few of the audience felt it right to sing sectarian songs before and during the performances, make bigoted and homophobic comments, not only to the cast but also to the theatre staff especially, in the bar which we cannot allow to continue and any one found making these kind of comments and singing bigoted songs will be ask to leave the premises.

It was clearly a minority of the audience but short, cleverly edited video clips were put on social media attracting a lot of comments from people who were not at the show or unlikely to ever attend. We have to say it was still a great night out for all and all other performances have been clear of any similar activities and we are hoping the remaining performances are also free from this kind of unwanted behaviour as it is important to keep the theatres good reputation and also that of the majority of good Rangers and football fans. 

We apologise for sending out this e-mail generally as we know most of our customers would not even think of getting involved and thank you for purchasing tickets and hope you have a great night out and hope you appreciate why we have had to take these steps.

45 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Sounds like the singing kettle for huns is going as expected:

apparently the pavilion had to email and produce a flyer with the contents below.

Please find below a leaflet that we are, unfortunately, handing out at the remaining performances of Rally Roon The Rangers.

Where we set out to make this production non bigoted or sectarian, at last Saturday’s evening performance, a few of the audience felt it right to sing sectarian songs before and during the performances, make bigoted and homophobic comments, not only to the cast but also to the theatre staff especially, in the bar which we cannot allow to continue and any one found making these kind of comments and singing bigoted songs will be ask to leave the premises.

It was clearly a minority of the audience but short, cleverly edited video clips were put on social media attracting a lot of comments from people who were not at the show or unlikely to ever attend. We have to say it was still a great night out for all and all other performances have been clear of any similar activities and we are hoping the remaining performances are also free from this kind of unwanted behaviour as it is important to keep the theatres good reputation and also that of the majority of good Rangers and football fans. 

We apologise for sending out this e-mail generally as we know most of our customers would not even think of getting involved and thank you for purchasing tickets and hope you have a great night out and hope you appreciate why we have had to take these steps.

I have no idea what "Rally roon the Rangers" is but just going by the name it sounds fucking awful and not the type of thing I'd be going to watch!