Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 460 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest faircity

Why would anyone think it's a good idea to create zones where large groups of Huns are able to congregate? I'd have thought this would be best avoided at all costs. It's bad enough that we tolerate Orange walks in this country, this would be a step too far. 

7 minutes ago, faircity said:

Why would anyone think it's a good idea to create zones where large groups of Huns are able to congregate? I'd have thought this would be best avoided at all costs. It's bad enough that we tolerate Orange walks in this country, this would be a step too far. 

Cash mate! Why else. The blue pound. All clubs need revenue. Never compete bow with the big four countries and big ramy is right. Celtic and rangers or the teams who hopefully will make a challenge can only make a fist of it in the europa cup. Not right but it is what it is. But i do really believe we as a country are on the up. I'm a believer!!!

On 9/2/2018 at 12:20 PM, Ally Bongo said:

What the fuck is this fanzone pish anyway ?

Has anyone actually been to a fanzone ? I have on numerous times and they are generally pish poor

What happens when the novelty wears off ? Will they re-install the pitches ?

Just go to a fucking pub with a jukebox that does food 

We dont have the weather for fanzones either

What a whole pile of shite to beat the SNP with

Have to admit, Im not a fan of fanzones myself, but due process need to be followed when these things.

The figures given to the community council were wrong. That seems to now be admitted. Had the application then gone to the licening committee this could have then been challanged. Except it was stopped before that stage.

Now the Council are now seemingly saying that they hold no documents in relation to the applcation to release under the FOI request. 

Personnaly, I think the SNP administration in Glasgow has been pretty good compaired to last lot. However this does not mean they should be above challange. If they had come out on Saturday and said 'sorry the figures were wrong,' this would all be over by now. Especially after the old firm on Sunday.

Now they'll all find themselves reported to the information commissioner, I suspect.

Edit: I think the Fanzone was only to be in place for a couple of games a season. It didnt require the pitches to be pulled up.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:41 PM, Stu101 said:

How the issue was dealt with was by the Council was actually originally raised by a Celtic supporting councilor. You then have the deputy council leader having to lock his twitter account to quickly remove posts chatting to Phil of the 'tarred with the sick sectarian brush' fame, the Green Brigade, and critising Rangers, after the press picked up on it. The Council then seems to refuse to answer any question raised by the press over the following days

Today, you then have the leader of the council on twitter accusing a Muslem, two Catholics and one Protestant of stoking the sectarian divide. On that basis, you could equally argue that this appears to be SNP playing the sectarian card to deflect from their handling of the situation (although I wouldn't subscribe to that myself - I just think they have been incompetent on this one)

they've every right to call out that tomkins in my view.  blatant what he's upto.  

that said let them have a fanzone if they want one.  we're too obliging in this country for community events.  need about twenty forms filled in to do anything.

Just now, Parklife said:

Yeah, 4 days apparently. 

WOW

There was a lot worse said in the aftermath of the old firm match from both sides too

The new tamb is like the SFA - the rabid huns can say what they like, throw the toys out of the pram, lie till they can't tell the difference between the turth and lies, fire abuse at others..........................but say inbred huns and its a 4 day ban

Congrats to the new TAMB owners on ruining what was once the best football forum around

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

WOW

There was a lot worse said in the aftermath of the old firm match from both sides too

The new tamb is like the SFA - the rabid huns can say what they like, throw the toys out of the pram, lie till they can't tell the difference between the turth and lies, fire abuse at others..........................but say inbred huns and its a 4 day ban

Congrats to the new TAMB owners on ruining what was once the best football forum around

Saying "Hun" is "hate speech" apparently

:lol: 

Is Rolling Hills actually the admin of the TAMB now? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Saying "Hun" is "hate speech" apparently

:lol: 

Is Rolling Hills actually the admin of the TAMB now? :lol: 

I just had a look at that thread again, if that hate speech, the mods better sheild their eyes at the shite posted in there. 

Just now, Fairbairn said:

I think that's a bit unfair.  This place was heading for the shitter long before the new people stepped in.

Fair point.

The heightened passions from all side since rangers died/didn't die caused it in my opinion

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Banning Ormond seems a bit OTT however his constant declaration of how much he hates everything Rangers on every second post has become more than tiresome.

Possibly.Don't think being tiresome is what the mods should be banning guys for though. If they are than there's nothing more tiresome than Rolling Hills' or Ramy's constant pish though. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If they are than there's nothing more tiresome than Rolling Hills' or Ramy's constant pish though. 

Word.

Popped in for the first time in a long time at the weekend, just to read the reaction to the game on Sunday. Found those two polluting nearly every page of every thread with utter drivel. The fact that I have actually returned most days since then is solely down to being able to put them both on ignore. Now if folks could just stop quoting them I would be content.

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Possibly.Don't think being tiresome is what the mods should be banning guys for though. If they are than there's nothing more tiresome than Rolling Hills' or Ramy's constant pish though. 

There's only two reasons he could have been banned

1) A complaint from another poster 

2) the Mod him/herself is a rangers fan and got upset by it

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Do we know specifically what the ban was for?

Yeah, the post in this thread that's been edited which said "inbred huns". 

It was not directed at anyone specifically. 

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Do we know specifically what the ban was for?

Crossing a line and being abusive. 

Doesnt say to another member though, there’s been plenty that goes on here without bans being handed out. 

I think the place is actually run by the sfa/spfl given that the rules are made up as we go along.