Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 457 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Must be a slow news day.

These letters were several weeks ago as part of HMRC latest recovery round. HMRC looking at circa 1 billion this time, according to the tax journal, £250 million from professional football players alone. Lots of players who played in Scotland on that list.

Edited by Stu101

35 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Must be a slow news day.

These letters were several weeks ago as part of HMRC latest recovery round. HMRC looking at circa 1 billion this time, according to the tax journal, £250 million from professional football players alone. Lots of players who played in Scotland on that list.

Link ?

1 hour ago, phart said:

Kyle Lafferty wasn't on the list that the BBC published.

Campbell Ogilivie could get hit with a 50k tax bill though. Which would be good.

Are the amounts published the amount that is owed to HMRC or the amount they owe tax on?

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Are the amounts published the amount that is owed to HMRC or the amount they owe tax on?

The amounts the BBC published years ago were how much they were loaned/given by EBT. I made an assumption that they would be liable for roughly half of that. Which is based on what other papers are saying the liability is and what HMRC says.

41 minutes ago, phart said:

The amounts the BBC published years ago were how much they were loaned/given by EBT. I made an assumption that they would be liable for roughly half of that. Which is based on what other papers are saying the liability is and what HMRC says.

That's what I thought, cheers.

20 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Link ?

Cant unfortunately - it was in a written journal. To be clear, they were not named specifically, but pretty easy to work out who they were based on the Companies House data. Quite a few different set ups involved. For example see below:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/OC308171/officers

(for the avoidance of doubt this does mean that any of the officers in that company were involved in tax avoidance, etc. Obviously there are legitimate reasons for being members of these schemes....)

9 hours ago, phart said:

Did it also say that HMRC would be asking for interest on top? Can imagine that would fairly quickly ramp up, if so.

14 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Did it also say that HMRC would be asking for interest on top? Can imagine that would fairly quickly ramp up, if so.

Never mentioned that. Just said it might be best to negotiate now rather than have HMRC aggressively pursue them.

3 minutes ago, phart said:

Never mentioned that. Just said it might be best to negotiate now rather than have HMRC aggressively pursue them.

I read that as pay now and save us the hassle of chasing you or if you make us work we'll be getting the interest back too. 

3 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Cant unfortunately - it was in a written journal. To be clear, they were not named specifically, but pretty easy to work out who they were based on the Companies House data. Quite a few different set ups involved. For example see below:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/OC308171/officers

(for the avoidance of doubt this does mean that any of the officers in that company were involved in tax avoidance, etc. Obviously there are legitimate reasons for being members of these schemes....)

part of a list 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34118126

20 hours ago, euan2020 said:

thing is, the Peter Lawwells, and Stewart Milnes of this world can probably afford any comeback from HMRC, if it comes

But the Bobby Pettas of this world?, who knows...

(Although in mitigation,  it could just have been for a couple of seasons there was a massive growth in support for the British Film industry from the Celtic changing room. Who knows :lol: )

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

But the Bobby Pettas of this world?, who knows...

(Although in mitigation,  it could just have been for a couple of seasons there was a massive growth in support for the British Film industry from the Celtic changing room. Who knows :lol: )

Somebody had alluded to Kyle Lafferty splashing the cash earlier. Imagine Bobby Petta probably enjoyed his money too, seemed to be a real man about town when I was a student. Used to see him out regularly, had a cracking wee Porsche.

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Somebody had alluded to Kyle Lafferty splashing the cash earlier. Imagine Bobby Petta probably enjoyed his money too, seemed to be a real man about town when I was a student. Used to see him out regularly, had a cracking wee Porsche.

He was on the verge of Hollywood stardom also with his acting skills alongside Brad Pitt.

18 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, he was some lad. Met him in the chippy across from Archaos about 1am, munching on his chips and cheese.

Started for Celtic the following lunchtime :lol:

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

Aye, he was some lad. Met him in the chippy across from Archaos about 1am, munching on his chips and cheese.

Started for Celtic the following lunchtime :lol:

That’s nothing, I spoke to Ilian Kiriakov (remember him) about 20 years ago in the golf club asking why he wasn’t playing that day, (I obviously waited until he had finished his pie, beans and chips), he merely responded that he was, and proceeded to spark up a fag. This was about 1pm :lol: