Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 422 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Seems to be quite a ding-dong going on between Regan and Lawwell over the Rangers verdict. Sportsound could be interesting later....

I'm not a huge Lawwell fan, there's something about him I'm not sure about.

But he is bang on the money on this issue.

Rangers cheated and gained a massive advantage on the pitch as a direct result of that cheating. I see no way in which that can be seriously disputed by anyone other than those who have a vested interest. As an absolute minimum there is a case to answer.

The abject failure of the SFA to support an investigation is nothing other than a severe dereliction of duty. To hide behind the supposed damage to Scottish football's reputation that would occur by "raking over the coals" as they rather awkwardly put it is embarrassing and naive in the extreme.

It is a long standing principle of any justice system within organisations that any potential wrongdoing must be investigated thoroughly and consequences brought to bear where wrongdoing is found to have taken place, no matter how long it takes, no matter what else may be dredged up in the process and no matter the damage to the reputation of those concerned.

The fact that the SFA has chosen to bury its head in the sand and shy away from such a process serves only to further prove their substantial lack of fitness to oversee and govern our game. Time and again the SFA has proved itself unfit for purpose.

The supposed damage to our game's reputation the SFA claims would occur by carrying out an investigation is nothing compared to he damage being done to our game's reputation by NOT carrying out an investigation into these matters.

Not for the first time, the SFA has allowed itself to be manipulated and driven by fear of offending a big club and it's often rabid support rather than doing what is right and proper.

For the good of Scottish football there MUST be a full and thorough investigation into this issue no matter the consequences for any individual(s) or organisation(s) concerned. And it must be fully open and transparent.

It looks like once again it is going to be down to the fans to voice their opinions and force the issue.

It was very simple for the sfa  to agree with a review as per spfl request. Nothing to lose - or is there? 

Think Regan is f@cked now and so he should be. Needs a full clear our and a full independent review of all facts - not just those selected by the sfa, as per nms enquiry.

5 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I'm not a huge Lawwell fan, there's something about him I'm not sure about.

But he is bang on the money on this issue.

Rangers cheated and gained a massive advantage on the pitch as a direct result of that cheating. I see no way in which that can be seriously disputed by anyone other than those who have a vested interest. As an absolute minimum there is a case to answer.

The abject failure of the SFA to support an investigation is nothing other than a severe dereliction of duty. To hide behind the supposed damage to Scottish football's reputation that would occur by "raking over the coals" as they rather awkwardly put it is embarrassing and naive in the extreme.

It is a long standing principle of any justice system within organisations that any potential wrongdoing must be investigated thoroughly and consequences brought to bear where wrongdoing is found to have taken place, no matter how long it takes, no matter what else may be dredged up in the process and no matter the damage to the reputation of those concerned.

The fact that the SFA has chosen to bury its head in the sand and shy away from such a process serves only to further prove their substantial lack of fitness to oversee and govern our game. Time and again the SFA has proved itself unfit for purpose.

The supposed damage to our game's reputation the SFA claims would occur by carrying out an investigation is nothing compared to he damage being done to our game's reputation by NOT carrying out an investigation into these matters.

Not for the first time, the SFA has allowed itself to be manipulated and driven by fear of offending a big club and it's often rabid support rather than doing what is right and proper.

For the good of Scottish football there MUST be a full and thorough investigation into this issue no matter the consequences for any individual(s) or organisation(s) concerned. And it must be fully open and transparent.

It looks like once again it is going to be down to the fans to voice their opinions and force the issue.

Spot on

23 minutes ago, Kenneth Farrington said:

The Rangers fans are never slow at insisting the SFA are 'corrupt to the core'.

This is a chance to get to the bottom of what happened & hopefully force changes at the SFA.

Strange they are so dead against it being looked at.

It is not as simple as that.

If it was a review to find out how it was allowed to happen, how it was able to happen with a view to changing/tightening up rules etc. so it couldn't happen again, or to set out punishments if it did, then I don't think there would be much argument at all against it.  At first I thought that it was going to go ahead and that this would be the case.

But the Celtic letters mention possibly further sanctions/punishments, which is why I believe a lot of Rangers fans are quite rightly against it.  

Personally, I don't really care if it goes ahead or not.

Edited by BlueGaz

Can anyone answer why Celtic appear to be the only club looking for this to happen? 

A lot of fans of different clubs do yet as far as I can see no clubs bar Celtic are pushing for this despite the fans in general pushing for it to happen.

Scottisf football has a lot to hide possibly? Not just the governing body...

By seemingly backing one lone howling wolf, the spfl have given credence to the suggestion that Doncaster is nothing more than Lawwell's lap-dog.

Rarely do I believe Regan but this would be a conspiracy of epic proportions involving multiple individuals/organisations, some of whom are not involved in football.

This is why football is run by businessmen rather than bloodlustful dafties. It would be anarchy otherwise.

A lot of people with a lot of things to hide

In any other country there would be demos and boycotts etc. Easter Road and any other ground who's board have shat it would be empty. Hampden should be empty for internationals IMO but this country is full of happy clapping shitebags and we deserve everything we get

Edited by DoonTheSlope

44 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

By seemingly backing one lone howling wolf, the spfl have given credence to the suggestion that Doncaster is nothing more than Lawwell's lap-dog.

Rarely do I believe Regan but this would be a conspiracy of epic proportions involving multiple individuals/organisations, some of whom are not involved in football.

This is why football is run by businessmen rather than bloodlustful dafties. It would be anarchy otherwise.

Easy to sort all of this. Agree to an independent review. Put it all to bed once and for all. Piss easy - why not?

44 minutes ago, deecie said:

This still a thing?

I know. 

11 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Easy to sort all of this. Agree to an independent review. Put it all to bed once and for all. Piss easy - why not?

Have we not had one of those.

Can anyone really be bothered anymore?