Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Tsorry. That could said of a few clubs. We are governed by stock market rules to be pretty explicit on issues of solvency.Most clubs in Scotland are not but I imagine if the debt was called in they would be insolvent. The current board are very much involved in a game of bluff with fans and opponents.

Eddard your attitude to all of this is symptomatic of the problems at rangers. Other clubs which have debt have a manageable credit line. Rangers don't. Without some drastic action and a major cash investment they won't see out the season. Your club is deep back in the shit and you continue to talk around the issues as if they don't exist. This is what killed your first club.

Eh? £2.7m of the £4m share offer is earmarked to pay back debts which are due now? What do you mean no debt? Go on.

If you get down and dirty, share holders are also debtors... Not legally, but they're a bet that anyone in their right mind would bet against on the short markets.

Really? Long way to go mind would expect rangers to come through.

Seriously mate we are terrible at the back. the second goal was a shambles. Devoid of ideas and absolutely no organisation anywhere on the field.

How the feck guys like Moshni, Peralta, Zaliukas, Boyd and McCulloch even have a contract at Rangers never mind a fecking starting place really is beyond me.

Then look down the subbies and we have Miller, Smith, Faure, Black, Templeton and Shiels. Every one of them are either past it or haven't kicked a ball since coming to the club.

What do all of these guys have in common? With the exception of McCulloch they were all signed by Ally McCoist. How anyone can keep trotting out excuses when that's the pish on display every week is baffling to me!

I can't believe Rangers fans can't see the link between them having no money and paying £8m a year on wages for the playing staff.

When I talk to guys at work they all think the wage bill is okay and the board is filling their pockets .Do any of the guys on here think that's the case ?

I can't believe Rangers fans can't see the link between them having no money and paying £8m a year on wages for the playing staff.

When I talk to guys at work they all think the wage bill is okay and the board is filling their pockets .Do any of the guys on here think that's the case ?

Thing is if the board/ others are filling their pockets you need to cut back elsewhere to avoid running out of cash. Wages is an obvious way to save costs. But they have to save somewhere - you can't just say the wage bill is fine when they have run out of cash by sept.

15000 less season ticket sales has brought us to this. There is a high risk strategy being played out by the fans and the board. The wages issue is clearly highlighted by this. What will push the club into admin is our lack of working capital not the calling in of debt. Our debt is not what you would call aggressive creditors seeking their cash. I can guarantee that this board are planning to raise capital against the stadium and training ground.

15000 less season ticket sales has brought us to this. There is a high risk strategy being played out by the fans and the board. The wages issue is clearly highlighted by this. What will push the club into admin is our lack of working capital not the calling in of debt. Our debt is not what you would call aggressive creditors seeking their cash. I can guarantee that this board are planning to raise capital against the stadium and training ground.

Our debt?

So are you in debt or not then? You seem unsure yourself.

Cheers ES for getting back

Read my post earlier in the thread regarding our squad today.

EVERY Rangers fan I know is astounded at our idiotic signing policy and the fact we throw money at overpaid, useless journeymen.

Anyone that thinks it's ok to be paying shite like Ian Black £7k + a week needs their head looked at.

Read my post earlier in the thread regarding our squad today.

EVERY Rangers fan I know is astounded at our idiotic signing policy and the fact we throw money at overpaid, useless journeymen.

Anyone that thinks it's ok to be paying shite like Ian Black £7k + a week needs their head looked at.

The fans I know are saying that now granted but were saying anything but 2 years ago.

The fans I know are saying that now granted but were saying anything but 2 years ago.

To be honest the fans are in a dilemma. The attendance yesterday was 32000. We where getting 40k plus in the lowest league. Not a penny more action from fans has probably seen around 15000 knocked off ST sales. Appreciate some of this is down to the quality of the football but fans who have never missed a game are staying away.Lots of fans are putting there money into Rangers First and willing to see the club enter Admin 2 to get this board gone .Whether this forces this board to compromise before this happens is another story.

Edited by EddardStark