Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I heard the Malaysian guy wants the the Rangers International Football Club to play in green & white stripes to appeal to the oriental market.

I have no affiliation to or interest in Cardiff City whatsoever, but the fact Tan changed their home strip colour somehow totally infuriated me!

He's not the guy that they are hoping to invest but I think he brought the Malaysian to the table.

Ah, got it. Well, I hope (sincerely) that he can help Rangers get out of trouble. Obviously just enough help to get you out of trouble though..... I could think of nothing worse (for football in Scotland) than you securing wealthy investors, returning to the top and spending millions like nothing had happended!!

Don't think there was any official statement but the Daily Record is full of some story about a Malaysian guy who was wined and dined in Glasgow over the last 2 days with the view to securing investment.

I have a bad feeling about this.....

To be honest it may the best solution for you. someone who is rich enough to just need a play thing, and willing to just spend money for fun. you will not get anyone investing to make money out of rangers, because at the moment that just looks impossible. But one of these boys that just has a big ego and wants to be seen might be the answer. he could buy out charlie and the rest and spend whats required to return you to the champs league.

A sugar daddy with cash to throw away is i think your only real answer now - it may not be a bad thing. or at least not as bad as the other available options.

That's not cool - sound like total erseholes. Obviously you are not daft enough to think such behaviour is representative of the feelings of the majority of Aberdeen fans or the city.

Every club has it's idiots. As a Rangers fan I don't get worked up about this kind of crap anymore. Older and wiser!

This was posted on the TSFM back in July and has names and alleged links of the Malaysians, Beirut lawyers, Green etc -

Apologies in advance. This is long, but it sets out to show in detail how the SFA did not act on numerous red flags when dealing with Sevco Scotland.

I think its worth reminding the blog about matters i first wrote about on RTC and also in the early days on here. Others have commented also on a number of related issues, however I hear that the relevance is still significant, and the influence has not gone away.

Lets start with Chan Fook Meng (CFM) He was in charge of Orlit, who issued a winding up order served on Rangers. This was over disputed invoices totaling £400,000 . These invoices appeared to be a fee for services provided in raising funds. The winding up order never crystalised and the matter appeared to have been settled without recourse to the courts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21370477

CFM had a connection to Charles Green, through Nova Enterprises. Green was Chairman in the company reported to be “owned” by CFM. Brian Stockbridge was also reported to have a connection to CFM when Orlit was known as Tembusu Investments.

The London Evening Standard reported in May 2011 , before any of this would be of interest to Scottish Football, that Rafat Rizvi was previously Chairman and CEO of Tembusu when it was listed on AIM.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/markets/city-spy-law-may-be-closing-in-on-runaway-rizvi-6400392.html

This should have been red flag #1 for the Scottish Football authorities. A clear link between Green and a man on Interpol’s most wanted list

Another interesting fact about Tembusu is that the Chairman prior to Rizvi was Jonathan Rowland, who’s father David “Spotty” Rowland was the finance provider behind David Duff and James Gray’s disastrous ownership of Hibs. Rowland owned 30% of Hibs when Duff & Gray had control. The very real fear for Hibs fans was that Rowland was reputed to be happy to sell the assets and allow a merger with Wallace Mercers Hearts. Tom Farmer stepped in and that piece of madness was avoided.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/chairman-reveals-how-he-won-control-of-hibs-1.600865

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=20100122101109W2129

That was Red Flag #2 for the Scottish Football authorities.

The Nomad at Tembusu resigned when Rizvi was found guilty of defrauding an Indonesian bank of $600 million. They resigned because although Rizvi quit his roles he was replaced by his wife and the Nomad believed Rizvi was still controlling the business. The new Nomad was Allenby Capital, which was founded by Imran Ahmad, with Brian Stockbridge on board at Allenby as well.

This is red flag #3 for the Scottish Football Authorities. There are now clear links between Rizvi and Green, Stockbridge and Ahmad, and between Rizvi and the guy who had been a significant shareholder and provider of finance to those responsible for Hibs darkest hour.

Next we have the intervention of Charlotte Fakes

The emails leaked by Charlotte Fakes seemed to show that initial funding for Sevco came from Rizvi.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-court-battle-charlotte-fakes-3159443

http://i.imgur.com/1Ls2NsJ.jpg

http://m.imgur.com/r0gi5X4

Red flag #4 for the Scottish Football authorities

Next we have proof of the closest link possible between Chan Fook Meng and Rizvi. This link is through a trust called the Bunny Foundation Trust. This trust has been set up to benefit Rizvi’s family. Rizvi is the Settlor ( he puts the money in) and Chan Fook Meng is the Protector ( he ensures the trustees act as directed) .

When setting up this type of arrangement you really need a Protector in whom you have 100% trust . The Protector can make or break any or all plans if he goes rogue. When you have this level of trust then you have someone who could front anything for you, especially if there was very good reason why you would want to remain out of sight.

http://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/172905

So now we have Red Flag #5 for the Scottish Football authorities.

Rangers supporters have been failed by Regan & Co with regards to ensuring Rangers , after a period of extreme trauma, would be in the hands of credible , untainted and honest owners who would play by the rules. After the behavior of David Murray and Craig Whyte the very least they were owed was an ownership group who wouldn’t deceive , rule break, cheat and tax evade. They were also entitled to expect owners who would’t risk further trauma by helping themselves to what should have been important working capital.

The Scottish Football authorities may have extended a helping hand with regards to the LNS scope of enquiry and the issuing of a Euro Licence, but they showed they were weak and ineffectual or disinterested in the matter of who was “fit and proper” as owners of a very important Scottish Club.

A recent interview with Mazan Houssami had Houssami claiming that he was the sole shareholder in Blue Pitch Holdings. He claimed never to have met Green, which must make anyone of an enquiring mind , ie not Regan, wonder how on earth he became aware of the investment opportunity. Remember Blue Pitch were in prior to the Aim IPO, so this was a private placing at that stage. Houssami has no connection to UK business’ of which we or companies house are aware.

It may or may not be true that Houssami never met Green, however if a Lebanese lawyer is the only shareholder in a company who own part of a company in Glasgow, it does not necessarily follow that he is the ultimate beneficiary.

Lawyers and clients are able to count on client privilege which keeps their dealings secret. It is entirely feasible, and not uncommon, for a Lawyer in some jurisdictions to have a contract to act for a client , under client instructions with all benefits and entitlements passing to the client, even though the lawyer is the sole shareholder.

Quite frankly i have a huge problem believing a Beirut Lawyer who never met Green is the ultimate beneficiary of Blue Pitch Holdings shareholding. Everything points to Rizvi, who has provable connections to Green , Ahmad and Stockbridge, as still pulling the strings. More than probably using his close friend and trust Protector Chan Fook Meng

Red Flag #6

This brings us to the Easdale’s. Now if I was a respectable Beirut Lawyer , with a genuine investment using my own money, who wanted someone to act as proxy , then i would use a respectable Scottish Lawyer or Accountant. What i wouldn’t do is hand that proxy to a local West of Scotland businessman, especially one who had spent time in jail for financial fraud.

Someone of an enquiring mind , again not Regan and certainly not Ogilvie, might question under what circumstances a Beirut Lawyer would even know a Greenock bus operator . Or in fact if they actually had never met.

Here is where logic takes me with this.

Blue Pitch and Margarita are ultimately beneficial to and controlled by Rizvi & associates through Chan Fook Meng having appointed Houssami as the investment vehicle. He wants someone on the ground who won’t be phased by threats from supporters or enquiries from the media. Green was fine, but he is getting off the scene having let his mouth run away once too often.

Rizvi / Chan Fook Meng gets Green to recommend someone for the role of Proxy who won’t ask too many questions and can see the “good side” of someone convicted of financial fraud.

Green has the very people. He had previously met the Easdale’s when he was looking for committed funding to support the IPO. He knew their background and their personalty and character , and deemed them perfectly fit for purpose . There is every possibility the Easdale’s have never met or spoken to Rizvi or Chan Fook Meng, in fact I think it extremely unlikely they have . All that was required was an agreement with Houssami.

We now have Red Flag #7 Any more and we would have the audience for a military parade day in Beijing.

Laxey have appeared on the scene as opportunist value investors. Nothing wrong with that. It is precisely what they are charged to do by those who’s money they manage, including their own. They get their way by installing a credible and honest CEO in Wallace, however the damage has already been done contractually by previous executives.

Nothing can happen moving forward without the agreement of BPH and Margarita . It appears to me to be checkmate. Either pay Rizvi , if indeed my logic is correct, and you can then unwind the contracts draining the lifeblood out of the club or accept the fact that they will, even with new equity raised, continue to get an incredible yield on the initial investment.

A forced insolvency event would be incredibly risky all round. And then there is the possibly tenuous , and possibly not , connection to the guy who saw Hibs as a property play.

Which of these red flags have the SFA investigated, any of them ? What answers have they received, and now that all these connections have been pointed out, as we know they monitor TSFM, and i suspect occasionally respond under nom de plume , will they ask the questions they haven’t already asked .