Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 544 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

17 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

He’ll be worth 2-3 times that in 12 months or so and goes down there and gets a run in the team. That being said, £10M+ for a player who can’t currently get in our starting XI would be a fantastic piece of business and quite uncharacteristic for our board! 

Robbo went to Hull for about a million, got sold to Liverpool for about £10 million. Goodness knows how much he's worth now. I did see somewhere that Tripper was being valued at over £50 million. The mind boggles!

On 1/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Also, Ramsay is only 18 (and already playing for the Scotland Under 21's).

Aberdeen have a bidding war coming.

On the back of 2 record breaking sales last season (3M+ for McKenna and 2M for Cosgrove) Cormack has to hold his nerve.

He's just been going on about Scottish clubs getting decent cash like the rest of Europe does from England, so I agree. EPL teams would happily pay £10M for a teenager with some of Ramsay's stats from Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Portugal etc. etc. 

Additionally, and off topic somewhat (apologies!) he needs to give Glass a decent % of the sales to spend. Imagine we'd spent half the McKenna/Cosgrove money last summer, could have hoovered up a fair bit of the better non-Glasgow SPL players with that!

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

He's just been going on about Scottish clubs getting decent cash like the rest of Europe does from England, so I agree. EPL teams would happily pay £10M for a teenager with some of Ramsay's stats from Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Portugal etc. etc. 

Additionally, and off topic somewhat (apologies!) he needs to give Glass a decent % of the sales to spend. Imagine we'd spent half the McKenna/Cosgrove money last summer, could have hoovered up a fair bit of the better non-Glasgow SPL players with that!

That should be the Aberdeen model. A combo of youth players, snapping up non old firm players on a free / on the cheap and trying to cherry pick old firm players who havent made the grade like McCrory.

10 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

I don't think epl clubs buy teenagers like Ramsay for 10m from those countries listed. Ramsay looks promising but he's only played 24 games. Maximum aberdeen could expect currently is 3/4m plus good add ons imo. 

Rangers have signed James Sands on an 18 month loan from New York City FC. Seems he’s a bit of utility player, playing anywhere across the back and DM. Can’t say I know anything about him but supposedly highly rated in MLS and has been capped at senior level. Hopefully more Bocanegra and less Polster! 

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers have signed James Sands on an 18 month loan from New York City FC. Seems he’s a bit of utility player, playing anywhere across the back and DM. Can’t say I know anything about him but supposedly highly rated in MLS and has been capped at senior level. Hopefully more Bocanegra and less Polster! 

Gers fans in uproar as they find out he's related to Bobby

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers release Jermaine Defoe and recall Cedric Itten from his loan in Germany.  Freeing up Defoe's wages should bring us in around the same amount of money as selling Patterson....

Paterson & Defoe probably have the same amount of game time in the last year. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Stewart Robertson says Rangers investors spent £100m to win the league.

There's no rational way to justify that type of spending to win a Scottish football championship 

They must be off their heads to have spent that kind of money.  I'm hoping it's hyperbole from Robertson.  I mean, what is in it for the investors to pump in that kind of money.  These guys don't get rich by just squandering cash willy nilly.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:33 PM, Fairbairn said:

Rangers release Jermaine Defoe and recall Cedric Itten from his loan in Germany.  Freeing up Defoe's wages should bring us in around the same amount of money as selling Patterson....

Thanks for this 👍

I let my window cleaner go last month. I had been paying him £10 a fortnight. This brought me in £0.

However upon using the handy new 'The Rangers' calculator I have discovered that I've actually made over £5000.

Go me! 🤣

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

Looking like Souttar is going to Ibrox. Happy with this FB? 

I thought we might have thrown our hat in the ring there but it seems not. 

Before this season I wouldn't have been overly impressed however he seems to have put his injury issues behind him and has being playing well.  Both Goldson and Helander are better players but it's very doubtful if they'll both be there at the start of next season so he looks to be a good replacement and it's good to get another Scottish player through the doors.  

• 2 weeks later...