Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 538 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Where are we?

Sevco have just lost their third game in a row with only a home win over relegation fodder, Livingston, to show for their ...erm... efforts this campaign.

Winning the League last season seems almost all for naught now as the hope of a CL groups 30M pound payday has gone up in smoke.

We know:

- that Sevco won't get as many points this season as last

- that McGregor won't be as good this season

-that DeFoe won't be as good this season

- that Davis won't be as good this season

- that investors will want their soft loans back

- that Sevco will continue to be in court and continue lose

- that Sevco are bleeding 2.5M+ a month

- that Sevco will have to sell

- that their fanbase has no patience

- that Sevco is the gift that keeps on giving :)

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Where are we?

Sevco have just lost their third game in a row with only a home win over relegation fodder, Livingston, to show for their ...erm... efforts this campaign.

Winning the League last season seems almost all for naught now as the hope of a CL groups 30M pound payday has gone up in smoke.

We know:

- that Sevco won't get as many points this season as last

- that McGregor won't be as good this season

-that DeFoe won't be as good this season

- that Davis won't be as good this season

- that investors will want their soft loans back

- that Sevco will continue to be in court and continue lose

- that Sevco are bleeding 2.5M+ a month

- that Sevco will have to sell

- that their fanbase has no patience

- that Sevco is the gift that keeps on giving :)

I love you...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So this is probably the best place to chat about the dispute over the new sponsor, Cinch. My understanding is that the league informed the clubs about a forthcoming partnership with Cinch. Rangers said there's an issue regarding an existing deal we have. League asked what the issue was. Rangers refused to specify, just that there was an issue. League decide if Rangers won't act like grown ups they'll go ahead with the deal on the basis that Rangers have previous for claiming there's a smoking gun when there's actually nothing. Rangers refuse to provide inventory/take delivery of Cinch branded boards etc and won't do interviews with their logo in shot. The league keep asking what the problem is but Rangers won't even say WHO they have a pre-existing contract with, never mind which condition they would be breaching by advertising the official league sponsor. Rangers' list of partners and sponsors has no-one on it who are involved in car sales...but a certain Donald Park has significant business interests which are clearly threatened by the appearance of Cinch. The matter has now been referred to the SFA for potential arbitration but there appears to be radio silence from Ibrox regarding their participation. I'm trying to be genuinely factual here. Rule 17 says stuff about clubs not having to (e.g) work with Cinch if it is precluded by an existing contract and it doesn't specifically say clubs need to reveal what that contract is. 

Anything else?

Edited by killiefaetheferry

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

So this is probably the best place to chat about the dispute over the new sponsor, Cinch. My understanding is that the league informed the clubs about a forthcoming partnership with Cinch. Rangers said there's an issue regarding an existing deal we have. League asked what the issue was. Rangers refused to specify, just that there was an issue. League decide if Rangers won't act like grown ups they'll go ahead with the deal on the basis that Rangers have previous for claiming there's a smoking gun when there's actually nothing. Rangers refuse to provide inventory/take delivery of Cinch branded boards etc and won't do interviews with their logo in shot. The league keep asking what the problem is but Rangers won't even say WHO they have a pre-existing contract with, never mind which condition they would be breaching by advertising the official league sponsor. Rangers' list of partners and sponsors has no-one on it who are involved in car sales...but a certain Donald Park has significant business interests which are clearly threatened by the appearance of Cinch. The matter has now been referred to the SFA for potential arbitration but there appears to be radio silence from Ibrox regarding their participation. I'm trying to be genuinely factual here. Rule 17 says stuff about clubs not having to (e.g) work with Cinch if it is precluded by an existing contract and it doesn't specifically say clubs need to reveal what that contract is. 

Anything else?

Only read about it really in the Herald at the weekend, but it suggested that Rangers served the notice on the SPFL on the back of the original intimation from the SPFL. Thats how the issue came to the SPFL's attention.

Think what you are saying about the rules are correct, and I think that service allows clubs to opt out of any sponsorship that conflicts with an agreement in place. That agreement will be confidential, and the rules dont require disclosure (reflecting that sponsorship agreements are generally confidential).

Would say that I'm not sure why Rangers would submit arbitration, when they appear to have followed the rules (provided the above is correct).

Anyway not sure they would want to be associated with us after last nights showing :lol:

49 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Only read about it really in the Herald at the weekend, but it suggested that Rangers served the notice on the SPFL on the back of the original intimation from the SPFL. Thats how the issue came to the SPFL's attention.

Think what you are saying about the rules are correct, and I think that service allows clubs to opt out of any sponsorship that conflicts with an agreement in place. That agreement will be confidential, and the rules dont require disclosure (reflecting that sponsorship agreements are generally confidential).

Would say that I'm not sure why Rangers would submit arbitration, when they appear to have followed the rules (provided the above is correct).

Anyway not sure they would want to be associated with us after last nights showing :lol:

They haven;t even named the sponsor, which makes it look like they have something hide or are at it. 

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They haven;t even named the sponsor, which makes it look like they have something hide or are at it. 

My understanding is that they dont have to. Obviously it would be good practice to but it would be a courtesy rather than a requirement.

Rightly or wrongly Rangers have an issue with the SPFL board / other clubs. They have obviously decided to play by the letter of the law in all dealings with the league and to an extent other parties. (Charging journalists being another example).

Obviously for the good of the game this isnt ideal however I can understand why they have taken this approach. They believe the spfl isnt run properly (which imo its not). They think they are big enough to survive and prosper by not cooperating with the league / other teams. Thats their decision and as long as they stick to the rules theres not much anybody can do.

Its the spfl boards job to make the rules better, or in this case seek to clarify the rule 17 point before ploughing ahead with the sponsorship deal having already recieved Rangers notification. Presumably on the assumption that Rangers would fall in line.

Rangers probably believe that if the sponsorship deal breaks down that it will have more of an impact on its competitors than themselves so its not wild in a business sence but in a sporting sence its very poor practice.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Videos of Rangers fans on a supporters bus giving racist abuse to Kyogo, I must say that I was shocked. It’s almost like most of them are utter scum. 

Britains shame right enough. 

Probably doctored according to the onion bears and bleu order fellas,, Incoming,,

No place for that sort of thing in modern society. Embarrassing that Scotland is home to people who hide behind football while believing this type of thing is acceptable. These idiots will be caught and prosecuted for their actions. All in plain sight and looked like they were enjoying the fact they knew it was being filmed. Utter gutter trash.

On the football side of things, which is sort of irrelevant but I will mention it anyway - why are they so pressed about a player from another team? They shiteing themselves already? Disgusting people and not proper football fans.

It's hard to know what on earth is going through people's heads a) doing it and b) allowing themselves to be filmed doing it.

Assuming all three have jobs, that's three careers and three futures ripped up and thrown into a bin. As they will find out when they turn up to work today.

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

As disgusted as I am, it's no surprise from that mob.. Be interesting to see the reaction if Kyogo rips them a new one next Sunday... Scotlands shame once again...

It’s not Scotland’s shame, they shame Scotland & will hopefully get what they deserve, can’t understand people being shocked as we hear bile like that at every game they attend but hey ho it’s always just a minority 🤯

Comes as no surprise.

I remember a workmate I had about 15 years ago. He was about 19 and a big Rangers fan. Went to all the home games etc. He wasnt generally ok, biased towards his team but that was about it. He then started to go to away games on the supporters buses and within 6 months was a completely different guy. Would reguarly be openly bigoted, played loyalist tunes in the works van at full blast and generally just a horrible individual to be around.