Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 533 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That is your opinion.  Depends on the context.  If I was selling one of my books and advertised it on here anybody that bought it I would thank.  He thanked everyone except me even when I said I had bought it.  What does that tell you?  Remember I worked in Motherwell for 20 odd years and in Ravenscraig so know how deep the bitterness is there.  Anyhow, no point in worrying about people with minds like that.

Leaving aside the 'hun' debate which is ridiculous, I'm not sure if I like what you are implying here. However if you want to discuss it further dm me I'm not doing it on here. 

As for your opinion on my book, no fucks given here. It stands on its own merit and I think its done not too badly. 

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

Leaving aside the 'hun' debate which is ridiculous, I'm not sure if I like what you are implying here. However if you want to discuss it further dm me I'm not doing it on here. 

As for your opinion on my book, no fucks given here. It stands on its own merit and I think its done not too badly. 

Good attitude. It reminds me of a scene from Straight Outta Compton when they’re on the tour bus and people are smashing all of NWA’s cd’s. 

Dre gets upset about it and Eazy E says, “I don’t give a shit, they’ve already paid for them” 😂

*names of characters may not be right 🙈

Rolling hills, Slasher actually had an idea for a novel and instead of just talking about it to his mates down the pub he carefully planned it out, spent a lot of his spare time writing X amount of drafts, edited his work and got it published.

Let's see you do that.

5 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

He’s Scotland’s own Trump, an obnoxious, ignorant egomaniac and that’s only one of his personas 🤯

Is this supposed to be ironic?

This board should be called Trump Army Message Board. The certain mob here can't go one hour without being bombastic, without being angry, without spreading hate and insults.

You talk about Trump. There's certain parallels with what's happened on this board, involving me, and what's currently happening in the US politics:

The TAMB mob: "X is destroying me. I'm helpless. So please mods, ban him".

Trump: "Biden is destroying me. I'm helpless. So please courts, ban the Biden votes".

The only difference is, the mob here aren't as intelligent. He can control the narrative. The mob cannot.

RH seems amiable enough.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Rolling hills, Slasher actually had an idea for a novel and instead of just talking about it to his mates down the pub he carefully planned it out, spent a lot of his spare time writing X amount of drafts, edited his work and got it published.

Let's see you do that.

Was it self published?

Anyone can get their novel self-published.

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That is a terrible statement.  Ashamed of buying your book(which is not good btw).  Amateur at best.  For you to call people huns speaks more volumes.  Shame on you son.

Can you still return it?

If not, charity shop it.

If you can give the book an online review, proceed.

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

I actually defended you in your 3 at the back argument on the other thread lol 🤣

lol

(I wasn't including you when I mentioned the mob. They know who they are)

Well, charity shops are a good way of recycling.

I didn't actually tell him to give it a bad review. ;)

Did you self publish, by the way? (Serious question)

9 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

lol

(I wasn't including you when I mentioned the mob. They know who they are)

Well, charity shops are a good way of recycling.

I didn't actually tell him to give it a bad review. ;)

Did you self publish, by the way? (Serious question)

It's sold over 2000 copies and a production company are looking at it as a project so yeah not bad for an amateur. If it does fuck all from here on in I'm proud of what's been achieved and you never know. I still feel it has some legs. 👍

Edit to say.... buy it ya cunt 😂

Edited by slasher

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's sold over 2000 copies and a production company are looking at it as a project so yeah not bad for an amateur. If it does fuck all from here on in I'm proud of what's been achieved and you never know. I still feel it has some legs. 👍

Edit to say.... buy it ya cunt 😂

Very cool. And you should be proud.

The easiest thing in the world to do is begin a WIP and be infinite with the P.

A few years ago I thought about going down the Amazon (KDP) route, but if you read their contract, you'll know how iron cladand binding it is. Basically, you can't shop your work around to any publishing houses. That's what put me right off.

How long have you been writing for?

Are you a member of any writing forums? https://www.writingforums.org is the best one.. Because I'm there. ;)

And don't worry about bad critique. Have you read 50 Shades? Obviously, popularity is not dependant on quality.

lol. We'll see. ;)

6 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Very cool. And you should be proud.

The easiest thing in the world to do is begin a WIP and be infinite with the P.

A few years ago I thought about going down the Amazon (KDP) route, but if you read their contract, you'll know how iron cladand binding it is. Basically, you can't shop your work around to any publishing houses. That's what put me right off.

How long have you been writing for?

Are you a member of any writing forums? https://www.writingforums.org is the best one.. Because I'm there. ;)

And don't worry about bad critique. Have you read 50 Shades? Obviously, popularity is not dependant on quality.

lol. We'll see. ;)

I had a few offers but they were very constrictive. Just ask Ted Christopher about his experience with publishing houses. Anyway kdp is optional and only goes 90 days at a time. In the current climate I think a lot of people will be putting their literary snobbery to bed. 

Anyway we are way off topic here. Not sure about the huns finances but they are well on the way to stopping 10iar and having a great Euro run. 

I'm logging oot 🙈

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

I had a few offers but they were very constrictive. Just ask Ted Christopher about his experience with publishing houses. Anyway kdp is optional and only goes 90 days at a time. In the current climate I think a lot of people will be putting their literary snobbery to bed. 

Anyway we are way off topic here. Not sure about the huns finances but they are well on the way to stopping 10iar and having a great Euro run. 

I'm logging oot 🙈

Nice.

Yeah. I know a lot of people who went the self-publishing route, as a way of dipping their toe in the water, and their future works got snapped up by publishing houses. It helps greatly if you have an agent, though, but not everyone is going to go through all the channels of employing an agent if they have doubt about their abilities.

A while ago someone from here sent me PM about writing. Can't remember who it was, though. Don't think it was you.

Yeah, well, taking a Rangers thread off topic... Personally, I feel ashamed. 😛

Good luck with the book and the potential future productions of it. It's always good to hear of a success story, or at least, the potential of one. :)

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm logging oot 🙈

Apologies Jim.  Your book is good.  Considering. 👍Only kidding, I get a wee bit irked by the constant mention of hun on here sometimes.  God dake it was even mentioned on the Donald Trump thread that any Trump supporters must be Huns!!  Anyway, apologies. I did write a couple of academic books when at Motherwell College so know how difficult it can be.

54 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Apologies Jim.  Your book is good.  Considering. 👍Only kidding, I get a wee bit irked by the constant mention of hun on here sometimes.  God dake it was even mentioned on the Donald Trump thread that any Trump supporters must be Huns!!  Anyway, apologies. I did write a couple of academic books when at Motherwell College so know how difficult it can be.

Never took you for the sensitve type, if the word hun gets you riled, i suggest staying away from scottish football forums. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Never took you for the sensitve type, if the word hun gets you riled, i suggest staying away from scottish football forums. 

Maybe it is just me VA.  I think it is a derogatory term which gets used too much on here.  My dad used to say if you cant say something nice then say nothing at all.  All depends on the context I suppose.  If I go and see my Celtic pals they will call me a hun and i can call them tims.  But you are correct, I was a bit over sensitive.  Stand on ya sheep shagger 👍

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Maybe it is just me VA.  I think it is a derogatory term which gets used too much on here.  My dad used to say if you cant say something nice then say nothing at all.  All depends on the context I suppose.  If I go and see my Celtic pals they will call me a hun and i can call them tims.  But you are correct, I was a bit over sensitive.  Stand on ya sheep shagger 👍

Reported

Bigotry, sheep are people too.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ha ha.  Didn't you know that I may be a Rocker but my best pal is a Mod so stand on Kid.

😂

Being serious, there is a section of the rangers support who are desperate for the word hun to be lebelled a sectarian slur, in scotland it has always been used to describe rangers fans not protestants. From what i remember it started when rangers played wolves in the 70s and the huns trashed the town. The day after a newspaper described them as marauding huns.

A nice history lesson to start the day before you hit the farm RH

Just now, vanderark14 said:

😂

Being serious, there is a section of the rangers support who are desperate for the word hun to be lebelled a sectarian slur, in scotland it has always been used to describe rangers fans not protestants. From what i remember it started when rangers played wolves in the 70s and the huns trashed the town. The day after a newspaper described them as marauding huns.

A nice history lesson to start the day before you hit the farm RH

I don't see it as sectarian.  It is always seen as banter when my friends and I get together.  So don't know why I got irked yesterday tbh.  Maybe going through the change.  Not the change to a Tim though Ramy!!!  Right, better get that byre mucked oot 👍

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I don't see it as sectarian.  It is always seen as banter when my friends and I get together.  So don't know why I got irked yesterday tbh.  Maybe going through the change.  Not the change to a Tim though Ramy!!!  Right, better get that byre mucked oot 👍

I was surprised at you getting riled by the word 'hun' and suggesting it was bigoted. It's certainly meant to be derogatory, but not sectarian as it it only targets football supporters of one club. Hunbelievable that you'd think otherwise.

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

I was surprised at you getting riled by the word 'hun' and suggesting it was bigoted. It's certainly meant to be derogatory, but not sectarian as it it only targets football supporters of one club. Hunbelievable that you'd think otherwise.

I don't mate.  But a lot of things said can be taken in or out of context.  Think it depends on the mood you are in as well.  For example if I was in a pub and a well known bigot called me a dirty hun b****d then that would be sectarian IMO.  But when my pal calls me it then I laugh and call him a tim.  I can call Ramy that on here and vice versa but as I keep saying that is banter with no harm or offence meant.  Same as if someone mentions sheep too I suppose.  Unless it is a protestant sheep 🐑 💬 '1690 ya baaaas. 👍