Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 546 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Stadium closures. No chance of that happening though. 

Under the current regulations isn't there the get-out that clubs have to do everything reasonably possible to stop any incidents - which is clearly a hole so big that you could drive a supertanker through.

That's why the only approach is to go with strict liability, i.e. it happened, it was your fans, you take the punishment.

It would stop all this nonsense within a season - as long as any sanctions went past fines for subsequent transgressions.

Clubs won't vote for it though out of the general sense of self-interest that they all have,

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Stadium closures. No chance of that happening though. 

But for that to happen it would have to be shown that Rangers were to blame. Ie lack of stewarding or police etc. There is no strict liability in Scottish football so all the things people are calling for to happen cant.

13 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I just hope that whichever bumcheek wins the league and cup their lovely fans leave George Square and Central Glasgow in better nick than last year's capers.

What a fuckin moronic comment. Celtic won 9 in a row, quadruple trebles, umpteen cups, and never behaved like the arseholes from Govan. I can assure you there will be no problems with us

We are used to winning trophies, unlike the sevconians..

On 4/16/2022 at 1:08 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What a fuckin moronic comment. Celtic won 9 in a row, quadruple trebles, umpteen cups, and never behaved like the arseholes from Govan. I can assure you there will be no problems with us

In my experience, Celtic fans are worse than Rangers fans.  I was at the semi final at Murrayfield a few years ago and was shocked at the behaviour of the Celtic fans.  Abusing the public, urinating in gardens, throwing rocks at vehicles, singing disgusting terrorist songs. Absolutely terrible.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

In my experience, Celtic fans are worse than Rangers fans.  I was at the semi final at Murrayfield a few years ago and was shocked at the behaviour of the Celtic fans.  Abusing the public, urinating in gardens, throwing rocks at vehicles, singing disgusting terrorist songs. Absolutely terrible.

That WAS bad that day. Had a terrible vibe all round Murrayfield with pockets of trouble on every corner. 
From a Scotland point of view though that was the game Ryan Christie upped a level after scoring a cracker. 

35 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

That WAS bad that day. Had a terrible vibe all round Murrayfield with pockets of trouble on every corner. 
From a Scotland point of view though that was the game Ryan Christie upped a level after scoring a cracker. 

yes, I more remember the horrendous blatant dive from Christie that won the penalty for the first goal.

the atmosphere was toxic that day… about as bad as I have seen it in recent times.  I can’t remember exactly what happened in the lead up to the game and why the game was at murrayfield.

9 hours ago, Malcolm said:

yes, I more remember the horrendous blatant dive from Christie that won the penalty for the first goal.

the atmosphere was toxic that day… about as bad as I have seen it in recent times.  I can’t remember exactly what happened in the lead up to the game and why the game was at murrayfield.

That was the day the SPFL arranged BOTH semis to be played at Hampden on the same day 🙈

After the uproar, they moved Hearts/Celtic to Murrayfield. 

34 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

That was the day the SPFL arranged BOTH semis to be played at Hampden on the same day 🙈

After the uproar, they moved Hearts/Celtic to Murrayfield. 

oh yeah, I remember it now! Ha ha, knew there was some controversy about it.  Celtic fans noses out of joint that they had to drag their arses east for change.

I see Gianni Capaldi was the target of disgusting sectarian abuse yesterday. Fuckin mutants.. They won the match, they should be happy, celebrating, but no. Fuckin hate fills their empty heads. Why? Sad thing is, they don't even see it, but will deny it. Scum of the earth..

On 4/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I see Gianni Capaldi was the target of disgusting sectarian abuse yesterday. Fuckin mutants.. They won the match, they should be happy, celebrating, but no. Fuckin hate fills their empty heads. Why? Sad thing is, they don't even see it, but will deny it. Scum of the earth..

Didn’t the goon brigade hand out 10,000 Irish flags before the game? 🤣🤣🤣

Its incredible you’re being serious about this, but can’t see how your own fans are utter scum too 😂😂😂

On 4/16/2022 at 1:08 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

The worst behavuour i've seen from any set of fans, anywhere i've been to watch Killie, was when they lost the league at RP just after Seville. Utter pondlife - anyone supporting Killie was fair game that day to be spat at etc. 

Rangers are without doubt the worst behaved on a regular basis but that day Celtic fans were worse than anything i've ever seen. 

On 4/17/2022 at 10:16 PM, Malcolm said:

Nah, Rangers fans seem to be like that every game they play away from home. Celtic seem to be able to behave abroad at least. Rangers fans seem to thrive on being pondlife. 

Be interesting to see how they behave in Seville if they get there as Celtic seemed to have zero issues so they can't do their usual and blame the police.

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, Rangers fans seem to be like that every game they play away from home. Celtic seem to be able to behave abroad at least. Rangers fans seem to thrive on being pondlife. 

Be interesting to see how they behave in Seville if they get there as Celtic seemed to have zero issues so they can't do their usual and blame the police.

The thought of a Rangers v West Ham final doesn't fill me with joy for that reason.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The worst behavuour i've seen from any set of fans, anywhere i've been to watch Killie, was when they lost the league at RP just after Seville. Utter pondlife - anyone supporting Killie was fair game that day to be spat at etc. 

Rangers are without doubt the worst behaved on a regular basis but that day Celtic fans were worse than anything i've ever seen. 

Why don't you dig up something from the 1970s while your at it.. Oh aye, Killie supporters are angels..

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Didn’t the goon brigade hand out 10,000 Irish flags before the game? 🤣🤣🤣

Its incredible you’re being serious about this, but can’t see how your own fans are utter scum too 😂😂😂

"Sleezy fenian retard".. "Horrible fenian cunt".  Yes, that's the same as bringing a flag to a football match.. Deary me... 

27 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why don't you dig up something from the 1970s while your at it.. Oh aye, Killie supporters are angels..

We are compared to some of the cretins in the Celtic support. 

I was only using an example i've experienced to balance out the whiter than white image you like to portray of a fan base that regularly boo minutes of silence/remembrance, sing about terrorists on a weekly basis, have a penchant for ripping seats out away ends of other teams grounds, who have had sections of their ground closed to their fans inability to behave, who were rioting outside their own stadium last season as they were losing the league. Do you want me to go on?

You seem totally incapable of accepting the cretins in the celtic support and i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's cos you are very rarely near a Celtic game. 

If you want me to go back to the 70s/80s then we can talk about when you used to throw bananas as players due to them being Black?

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We are compared to some of the cretins in the Celtic support. 

I was only using an example i've experienced to balance out the whiter than white image you like to portray of a fan base that regularly boo minutes of silence/remembrance, sing about terrorists on a weekly basis, have a penchant for ripping seats out away ends of other teams grounds, who have had sections of their ground closed to their fans inability to behave, who were rioting outside their own stadium last season as they were losing the league. Do you want me to go on?

You seem totally incapable of accepting the cretins in the celtic support and i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's cos you are very rarely near a Celtic game. 

If you want me to go back to the 70s/80s then we can talk about when you used to throw bananas as players due to them being Black?

You’re wasting your time, he can’t see it. They’ve got a section of fans that go to England and sing a song about a soldier who got murdered on the streets a few years ago, but that seems to be passed by. 

He’s a fucking idiot that can’t be educated.