Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 543 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I’m assuming the same place where they claim to be the first major European  team to reach 150 years, they’ve completely dismissed Nottingham Forest and two European cups being 157 years old. 

I’ve seen them say that but haven’t seen them say anything about the “semi” in 93. I won’t get in to the semantics on whether Forest are a major European team given they’ve not played in European competition for about 30 years. 

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I’ve seen them say that but haven’t seen them say anything about the “semi” in 93. I won’t get in to the semantics on whether Forest are a major European team given they’ve not played in European competition for about 30 years. 

Ahhh right, it's 'recent European involvement' that turns a fitba club, into a major European club? There are a few Scottish clubs older than Sevco that can stake that claim then

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Ahhh right, it's 'recent European involvement' that turns a fitba club, into a major European club? There are a few Scottish clubs older than Sevco that can stake that claim then

No, I think the argument is that it's continued and consistent involvement. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

No, I think the argument is that it's continued and consistent involvement. 

Didn’t they constantly get papped out pre 2012, minus a run to a final and then miss out for 4-5 years whilst in the lower tiers of professional football? 🤪

Yes, Rangers are skint, that’s not news. However where you’re reading that is from the same guy who stated that McInnes would 100% be appointed as interim manager when Gerrard left. It’s click bait pish. 

Edited by Fairbairn

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Yes, Rangers are skint, that’s not news. However where you’re reading that is from the same guy who stated that McInnes would 100% be appointed as interim manager when Gerrard left. It’s click bait pish. 

Ok. Just read Everton are in for both players.. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok. Just read Everton are in for both players.. 

Kamara is linked with Villa and Patterson with Everton but both of them to Everton isn’t being mentioned anywhere credible over here.  It’s natural though that when teams/players are doing well they’ll be linked with moves away. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Kamara is linked with Villa and Patterson with Everton but both of them to Everton isn’t being mentioned anywhere credible over here.  It’s natural though that when teams/players are doing well they’ll be linked with moves away. 

👍

Sky sports reporting Patterson at 12 million plus a possible 4 million in add ons. 

Im amazed of Rangers get that price given he hasnt established himself as 1st choice. Just goes to further show the madness of the EPL.

7 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Sky sports reporting Patterson at 12 million plus a possible 4 million in add ons. 

Im amazed of Rangers get that price given he hasnt established himself as 1st choice. Just goes to further show the madness of the EPL.

I have no doubt Paterson will be some player, but 12 million just now is madness like you said..

He’ll be worth 2-3 times that in 12 months or so and goes down there and gets a run in the team. That being said, £10M+ for a player who can’t currently get in our starting XI would be a fantastic piece of business and quite uncharacteristic for our board! 

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He’ll be worth 2-3 times that in 12 months or so and goes down there and gets a run in the team. That being said, £10M+ for a player who can’t currently get in our starting XI would be a fantastic piece of business and quite uncharacteristic for our board! 

He may be worth 2-3 times that but theres just as much chance that he wont be worth half that. He is very much just potential atm and the EPL is a very difficult and unforgiving league to learn in.

Having seen Ramsay and Paterson (very briefly) and given their similar age; contract status etc. I find it amazing that 1 is valued 3 times higher than the other. I know most of a player's value is down to who they play for but Rangers are hardly flush with cash, not sure why English teams feel the need to bid so high for someone who hardly plays!?

Would also have thought there was interest in Tavernier, wouldn't Rangers be better selling him if Paterson is as good as it seems, or has nobody else been practising penalties. 😊 

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

Having seen Ramsay and Paterson (very briefly) and given their similar age; contract status etc. I find it amazing that 1 is valued 3 times higher than the other. I know most of a player's value is down to who they play for but Rangers are hardly flush with cash, not sure why English teams feel the need to bid so high for someone who hardly plays!?

Would also have thought there was interest in Tavernier, wouldn't Rangers be better selling him if Paterson is as good as it seems, or has nobody else been practising penalties. 😊 

Tavernier is 31 next year. As good as he is and has been for us, we’re not getting big money for him. Patterson’s international performances will also have been a factor. 

2 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Patterson is a league winner who has also played well in Europe and has established himself in the national team. He has already shown himself to be able to perform under pressure at a high level. 

Id imagine that goes some way to explaining the difference. Add in what you correctly say about the selling clubs. Rightly or wrongly Rangers appear to be able to turn down higher bids than Aberdeen would do. (If reports of 8/9 mil for Patterson in the summer are true)

10 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

It certainly would be!

My ice cream is going to get freezer burn.

(The jelly will keep.)

10 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

He may be worth 2-3 times that but theres just as much chance that he wont be worth half that. He is very much just potential atm and the EPL is a very difficult and unforgiving league to learn in.

All Scottish clubs have to realise that English clubs have silly money to spend on potential, and should be holding out for as much as possible.

9 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

The bottom line is that Sevco needs the money a lot more.

6 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Patterson is a league winner who has also played well in Europe and has established himself in the national team. He has already shown himself to be able to perform under pressure at a high level. 

Id imagine that goes some way to explaining the difference. Add in what you correctly say about the selling clubs. Rightly or wrongly Rangers appear to be able to turn down higher bids than Aberdeen would do. (If reports of 8/9 mil for Patterson in the summer are true)

Also, Ramsay is only 18 (and already playing for the Scotland Under 21's).

Aberdeen have a bidding war coming.

On the back of 2 record breaking sales last season (3M+ for McKenna and 2M for Cosgrove) Cormack has to hold his nerve.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It certainly would be!

My ice cream is going to get freezer burn.

(The jelly will keep.)

All Scottish clubs have to realise that English clubs have silly money to spend on potential, and should be holding out for as much as possible.

The bottom line is that Sevco needs the money a lot more.

Also, Ramsay is only 18 (and already playing for the Scotland Under 21's).

Aberdeen have a bidding war coming.

On the back of 2 record breaking sales last season (3M+ for McKenna and 2M for Cosgrove) Cormack has to hold his nerve.

I totally agree. Scottish sides should be and have recently started to hold out for more money. I hope Aberdeen get as much as they can for Ramsay. I was just answering the post that asked why Patterson would go for much more given abilities are largely similar.

Personally i hope Ramsay goes to Germany but normally players opt for England.