Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 537 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 7/26/2021 at 10:16 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Dont know if scotty can publish the accounts here on rangers. Seem to be doing alright though. Stand on.

Rangers are still operating at a huge deficit per year. Im sure its in the region on about 12 million.

There have been no signs that the business model that they have stated is being followed. Otherwise some players would have been sold by now.

Read yesterday that the reported sale of George Edmundson at 1.5 million is the joint highest Rangers have recieved in 10 years. Thats shocking considering the outlays on players.

As I said previously, they should have sold Taviner in the summer and they should now sell Moreles and Kamara. Neither would weaken the team. Do that for 25 million and reach the champions league group stages and things start to look aot more stable.

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Rangers are still operating at a huge deficit per year. Im sure its in the region on about 12 million.

There have been no signs that the business model that they have stated is being followed. Otherwise some players would have been sold by now.

Read yesterday that the reported sale of George Edmundson at 1.5 million is the joint highest Rangers have recieved in 10 years. Thats shocking considering the outlays on players.

As I said previously, they should have sold Taviner in the summer and they should now sell Moreles and Kamara. Neither would weaken the team. Do that for 25 million and reach the champions league group stages and things start to look aot more stable.

I think that's the plan however in order to do that we need people to put bids in.  There have been rumours of Porto bidding £10M for Morelos.  While we do need to get money in, in a market where Celtic can get £11M for a relatively inexperienced right back the board also have a responsibility not to give away the family silver.  Morelos is a proven goal scorer at European level so shouldn't just be hawked off for the first bid that comes in.  I'd be surprised if all of Morelos, Kamara, Hagi, Aribo and Kent are all still there at the close of the window. 

48 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Rangers are still operating at a huge deficit per year.

We should do a sweep.

In what season will Sevco be debt free and earn their first penny?

I'll go first...

...NEVER!!! WON'T HAPPEN!!!

56 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think that's the plan however in order to do that we need people to put bids in.  There have been rumours of Porto bidding £10M for Morelos.  While we do need to get money in, in a market where Celtic can get £11M for a relatively inexperienced right back the board also have a responsibility not to give away the family silver.  Morelos is a proven goal scorer at European level so shouldn't just be hawked off for the first bid that comes in.  I'd be surprised if all of Morelos, Kamara, Hagi, Aribo and Kent are all still there at the close of the window. 

Has Morelos gone AWOL?

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Thats true. I get the feeeling that Rangers and much more open to selling Moreles now. Less so with Kamara although his stock wont get any higher and they have just signed a like for like on a free transfer so would make financial sense. 

I still think they have made a huge error not selling Tav as he will have no resell value shortly and it will affect Patersons development and future sale value.

All of a sudden the squad depth at Rangers is massive. I mentioned on the Celtic thread that in a combined team Rangers 2nd choice players in each position would make up more than half the team. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Has Morelos gone AWOL?

It's a bit unclear.  He was at the Copa America and although he didn't play much (if at all) I think he was given some extra time off.  Gerrard's comments about not knowing when he's due back were strange though.  We've had this circus the last few summers.  A think a bid of £15M with a semi decent sell on will see him gone.  We've got plenty up front now with Roofe, Itten and Sakala (although not seen anything of him) so no real need to reinvest any of that to replace him either.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Has Morelos gone AWOL?

Given two weeks off post Copa America, but Colombia now on the red list- so ten days isolation when he travels back. Rangers can apply for an exemption under the elite sportsperson rules seemingly - but hard to get for countries on said list.

Will probably miss first three games.

6 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Real Madrid (whom we have just beaten) and Barcelona work with 200 million debt.. same as many huge firms. But the assets overcome that. Same with Rangers. Stand on boys. 

57 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Real Madrid (whom we have just beaten) and Barcelona work with 200 million debt.. same as many huge firms. But the assets overcome that. Same with Rangers. Stand on boys. 

Theres a difference debt and deficit.

A club can afford to be in debt so long as the assets are worth more than said debt. 

Operating with a large year on year deficit is a different matter. Of all the clubs, Rangers fans should be aware of what lack of financial stability can lead to.

14 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

It's a bit unclear.  He was at the Copa America and although he didn't play much (if at all) I think he was given some extra time off.  Gerrard's comments about not knowing when he's due back were strange though.  We've had this circus the last few summers.  A think a bid of £15M with a semi decent sell on will see him gone.  We've got plenty up front now with Roofe, Itten and Sakala (although not seen anything of him) so no real need to reinvest any of that to replace him either.

12 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Given two weeks off post Copa America, but Colombia now on the red list- so ten days isolation when he travels back. Rangers can apply for an exemption under the elite sportsperson rules seemingly - but hard to get for countries on said list.

Will probably miss first three games.

Seems odd he will miss the first three matches. He coudlve made the effort to come back if he really wanted to, start the season with a bang a d earn a move

On 7/27/2021 at 8:33 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Theres a difference debt and deficit.

A club can afford to be in debt so long as the assets are worth more than said debt. 

Operating with a large year on year deficit is a different matter. Of all the clubs, Rangers fans should be aware of what lack of financial stability can lead to.

Do u really think the likes of Douglas Park would allow that after what rangers have been through? Dave King puts on the right road as did other huge investors. Last year was a big investment stopping ten which we did no problem. But the financial geniuses on here know better. Glad I never taught economics for 30 years now. Should just have joined here instead. Stand on though. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Do u really think the likes of Douglas Park would allow that after what rangers have been through? Dave King puts on the right road as did other huge investors. Last year was a big investment stopping ten which we did no problem. But the financial geniuses on here know better. Glad I never taught economics for 30 years now. Should just have joined here instead. Stand on though. 

Did anybody ever think David Murray would allow it? Where was Douglas Park when Rangers were liquadated?

Industries change. Douglas Park might have the same level of wealth in 2 years time, it might be greater or it might be worse. Nobody knows.

Relying on somebody to bail you out is not a good way to run a business. Anybody with an ounce of sense would admit that.

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Did anybody ever think David Murray would allow it? Where was Douglas Park when Rangers were liquadated?

Industries change. Douglas Park might have the same level of wealth in 2 years time, it might be greater or it might be worse. Nobody knows.

Relying on somebody to bail you out is not a good way to run a business. Anybody with an ounce of sense would admit that.

Football is not a normal business. And nobody can tell what can happen in 2 years time in any walk of life.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Football is not a normal business. And nobody can tell what can happen in 2 years time in any walk of life.

Its not a normal business but the same rules apply. 

Can you explain how what Rangers are doing now differs to what they did before which ultimately ended in disaster. 

They are running up debt that at some point needs addressed. Businessmen, even Rangers supporting businessmen dont have a bottomless pit of money.

At some stage Rangers need to start operating in the black. 

32 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Its not a normal business but the same rules apply. 

Can you explain how what Rangers are doing now differs to what they did before which ultimately ended in disaster. 

They are running up debt that at some point needs addressed. Businessmen, even Rangers supporting businessmen dont have a bottomless pit of money.

At some stage Rangers need to start operating in the black. 

How do you know they are running up debt? You work in the same bank as scotty and got details of this? I don't know as haven't got access to their bank accounts.  But you seem to know. Only thing I know is that rangers are champions and have millions of pounds of assets  which a few will be sold in the next few weeks bringing in millions in profit. But hey ho. Stand on with your accounts and beliefs that rangers will fold again under Douglas Park. Stand  on.

How do you know they are running up debt? You work in the same bank as scotty and got details of this? I don't know as haven't got access to their bank accounts.  But you seem to know. Only thing I know is that rangers are champions and have millions of pounds of assets  which a few will be sold in the next few weeks bringing in millions in profit. But hey ho. Stand on with your accounts and beliefs that rangers will fold again under Douglas Park. Stand  on.

What are you talking about. Rangers themselves have said that they are running at a loss at the past 3 AGMs. They also setout the long term plan to reduce and eventually elimimate the debt. One of the main things was developing players and selling them at a big profit. The lack or which was the basis of my original post.

For a Rangers diehard like yourself not to know this is worrying but hardly surprising. All is well, we are people, nothing bad can ever happen to us. Despite the worst literally just happening a few years back.

15 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

What are you talking about. Rangers themselves have said that they are running at a loss at the past 3 AGMs. They also setout the long term plan to reduce and eventually elimimate the debt. One of the main things was developing players and selling them at a big profit. The lack or which was the basis of my original post.

For a Rangers diehard like yourself not to know this is worrying but hardly surprising. All is well, we are people, nothing bad can ever happen to us. Despite the worst literally just happening a few years back.

Why does it worry of concern you? Rangers are the champions. One sale of any of the players will bring the money in. Obsessed with rangers finance.  The mind boggles . 56 this year and not be long until 60. But the dons fans on here will keep referring to the books. It is all they have.

Why does it worry of concern you? Rangers are the champions. One sale of any of the players will bring the money in. Obsessed with rangers finance.  The mind boggles . 56 this year and not be long until 60. But the dons fans on here will keep referring to the books. It is all they have.

Im an Airdrie fan so it makes zero difference to me. 

It worrys me that football fans can be so blinded that they cant have a reasoned conversation when it comes to their team.

1 player sale would hardly scratch the surface. As a minimum Rangers have run at loss of around 15 million per year for the past 3 years and obviously at a large loss before that.

My clarity, im not saying Rangers are about to go bust, im not saying they wont win the league. Im highlighting that they "to date" around following the business model that the directors setout at the AGM.

If thats of no concern to you then fair enough.

No financial expert either but it does seem strange after a decade where Celtic had Champions League, and virtually all the Scottish prize money, that in the last few years they've had a big surplus on transfers (according to the BBC) and Rangers a big deficit?

Maybe bus companies are more profitable than I realised. ☺️